Official Monday Night Prediction Thread

marvinthemartian

Despite the fact that most of the Seahawks’ secondary is either out or playing hurt, because of the rain predicted, we win with the run. Tevin Coleman has a big game and the run sets up the play action which is used in certain situations for key plays. 

Defensively, we are smart and put a very athletic spy on Russell Wilson, keeping him somewhat contained. 

Seahawks score a late TD to make it closer than it really was  

Falcons 27

Seahawks 17

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, papachaz said:

there's a very interesting feature on most sites on the interwebz....it's called "scroll on by stuff you don't like"....man it's absolutely one of the best features there are on the webz....

Sometimes you have to let em know a thread is trash..it's a pretty underrated feature..it attracts snowflakes.

8 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Seahawks 31 ATL 24

1 hour ago, Jerz said:

I hate these F*cking threads

As the author of this thread, I thank you for your thoughtful and well spoken contribution to the discourse. I truly value the critical analysis and judgement which you, alone, are uniquely equipped to provide by virtue of your overall superior intellect and the vastly more in depth knowledge of all things football related than I possess. I can only imagine the other awful threads I have posted on the this site over the past 20 years in which I have posted here. Please accept my sincere apology. In the future, I’ll be sure to check with you before posting anything else on this site. (deep purple)

43 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Sometimes you have to let em know a thread is trash..it's a pretty underrated feature..it attracts snowflakes.

not sure but i think you just called me a snowflake? LMAO you're a joke, you come into a thread you don't like to whine about not liking it, and call someone a snowflake who points out you could just simply scroll on by threads you don't like? no, the snowflake is the one who thinks his opinion matters when it really doesn't. Now go look in the mirror moron, and you'll see what a real snowflake looks like.

1 minute ago, papachaz said:

not sure but i think you just called me a snowflake? LMAO you're a joke, you come into a thread you don't like to whine about not liking it, and call someone a snowflake who points out you could just simply scroll on by threads you don't like? no, the snowflake is the one who thinks his opinion matters when it really doesn't. Now go look in the mirror moron, and you'll see what a real snowflake looks like.

LOL take a chill pill I was joking. Conjuring a reaction out of you was just too easy. You remind me of my sister. 

2 minutes ago, JG2008 said:

Prediction threads would definitely be more interesting if there was a cash prize for correctly predicting the exact final score, or for predicting both the halftime score as well as the final score

The point of the prediction thread is really to get the feeling of the fan base toward the game - if everyone is expecting a close game or even a loss, it tells you the fan base is very worrisome about the team or really fearful of the opponent.  On the other hand, if everyone is calling for a blowout, it says that the fan base is happy about the team's direction or think the opponent is in terrible shape.

9 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

The point of the prediction thread is really to get the feeling of the fan base toward the game - if everyone is expecting a close game or even a loss, it tells you the fan base is very worrisome about the team or really fearful of the opponent.  On the other hand, if everyone is calling for a blowout, it says that the fan base is happy about the team's direction or think the opponent is in terrible shape.

I was creeping the cowboys boards last week and they actually have a really cool game they play for predictions I might try to get it going next season.

Well, so much for momentum.  Will the bi-polar Cowboys return and pull out a win when no one expects it?

The point system:

10 points = Predicting game winner

5 points = Bonus for predicting actual game score of both teams

3 points = Close score bonus for being within 3 points of both teams' scores

2 points = Bonus question 1

2 points = Bonus question 2

To play, you give me this:

Game score prediction 

Bonus Question 1: Total number of sacks in the game (within 1)

Bonus Question 2: Guess the yardage of the longest pass play in the game (within 5).

Picks are due by the posted game time (7:30pm Central Time on Sunday).

If you want to change your picks before game time, make a new post instead of editing your original post.