Matt Ryan's confidence to scramble

Hard2BaBirdWachr

I don't think Matt has ever been afraid to pull the ball down and run with it, however, after the crap oline years where he was getting pummeled I feel like he has been doing it more...especially moving around in the pocket.  It is an underappreciated value that he has because when he does pull it down and go he seems to almost always move the sticks.

42 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

That is one thing about Matt Ryan, he is tough. I'll give him that.

He is goddammn Gumby, I keep trying to tell y’all. Matt does things Matt ain’t got no business doing. I tell you what, though, Matt looks awkward as fuk covering a lot of ground quickly. Lately, when Matt scrambles, I’m confident we are about to get the first down, or make a **** good effort with someone dropping or tipping. 

I think over the last 3-4 off seasons he has done a lot of work on his foot speed and overall footwork. I think that has helped more than anything else. He has worked with that QB trainer in California. I think that is the guy has all these QB's doing all the funky arm/shoulder/elbow warm-ups you see before games