Jump to content

Not TAFT, but interesting..


Flying Falcon
 Share

Recommended Posts

NFL lays groundwork to remove Jerry Jones as Cowboys owner

 

 

The ongoing feud between Jerry Jones and the NFL has reached new heights.

The NFL sent a letter to Jerry Jones' attorney Wednesday laying the foundation to potentially remove Jones as owner of the Dallas Cowboys due to his ongoing sabotage of commissioner Roger Goodell's contract extension, as first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-lays-groundwork-remove-jerry-jones-cowboys-owner-article-1.3635937

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

No one thought Sterling was gonna lose the L.A. Clippers either, until it happened.

True.  That had heavy racial undertones though.  This is Jerry being Jerry aka the MOST POWERFUL OWNER IN THE WORLD vs Roger "Witch Hunt" Goodell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, athell said:

True.  That had heavy racial undertones though.  This is Jerry being Jerry aka the MOST POWERFUL OWNER IN THE WORLD vs Roger "Witch Hunt" Goodell.

JJ changed it from Jerry vs Roger though when he threatened to sue the league, and each of the owners on the compensation committee. I said this when all that came out, there are steps the league could take to remove him as an owner. The fact that he thinks it won't be done is one thing, but to think it CAN'T be done is far from laughable. Anyone with any sense can look back to when he said Roger was doing and outstanding job 2 years ago in the midst of the brady suspension to now and the current feud, and realize it's simply because now it's one of JJ's guys.

I personally would LOVE to see several of the owners buck up and tell Jerry to sit down and shut up. He has his one in 32 vote if he doesn't like the new contract they're going to offer....

 

now having said all that, I'm not saying in any shape form or fashion I want ole Rog extended. I'd love to see him gone as well, and he can take his thursday night games with the pajama looking uniforms, as well as his London and Mexico City games with him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, papachaz said:

JJ changed it from Jerry vs Roger though when he threatened to sue the league, and each of the owners on the compensation committee. I said this when all that came out, there are steps the league could take to remove him as an owner. The fact that he thinks it won't be done is one thing, but to think it CAN'T be done is far from laughable. Anyone with any sense can look back to when he said Roger was doing and outstanding job 2 years ago in the midst of the brady suspension to now and the current feud, and realize it's simply because now it's one of JJ's guys.

I personally would LOVE to see several of the owners buck up and tell Jerry to sit down and shut up. He has his one in 32 vote if he doesn't like the new contract they're going to offer....

 

now having said all that, I'm not saying in any shape form or fashion I want ole Rog extended. I'd love to see him gone as well, and he can take his thursday night games with the pajama looking uniforms, as well as his London and Mexico City games with him

Yep

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Yeah, let's just ignore our laws and individual rights,  and take away a man's legally-owned property simply because he's a jerk. 

Some of y'all might  be happier in China or Venezuela. 

He’s throwing a fit because he can’t get his way over something he was praising before. Being part of the NFL is a privelage, not a right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Yeah, let's just ignore our laws and individual rights,  and take away a man's legally-owned property simply because he's a jerk. 

Some of y'all might  be happier in China or Venezuela. 

you know, being an owner of an NFL team is a little more than just being a 'business owner'. His actions recently have been more than just a little 'detrimental' to the league, lawsuit against the league and several of the other owners?  Regular 'laws and rights' don't necessarily apply here when one person thinks they are more important than the league or 'team' of other NFL owners.

 

And this is not even counting that he was fine with the "OUTSTANDING" job Roger was doing, until it effected one of his own players. Everyone can see his little 'I'm gonna hold up your new contract as much as I can' is nothing more than a little beyotch throwing a temper tantrum cause all of the sudden the rules apply to him and he don't like it. 

having said all that, I don't believe they'll take the team away from him, but I do believe it's time those other 31 billionaires tell him to sit down and shut up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

NFL lays groundwork to remove Jerry Jones as Cowboys owner

 

 

The ongoing feud between Jerry Jones and the NFL has reached new heights.

The NFL sent a letter to Jerry Jones' attorney Wednesday laying the foundation to potentially remove Jones as owner of the Dallas Cowboys due to his ongoing sabotage of commissioner Roger Goodell's contract extension, as first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-lays-groundwork-remove-jerry-jones-cowboys-owner-article-1.3635937

Always hated jones and how he operates ...but this will never happen. 

See NFL vs Oakland and Al Davis. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Yeah, let's just ignore our laws and individual rights,  and take away a man's legally-owned property simply because he's a jerk. 

Some of y'all might  be happier in China or Venezuela. 

Silly.  When you buy an NFL team you're buying a franchise, and like all such franchises there's always clauses in the contract that will allow the corporation to take the franchise from you, or force you to sell, if you don't follow the rules laid down in the franchise agreement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vandy said:

Always hated jones and how he operates ...but this will never happen. 

See NFL vs Oakland and Al Davis. 

that was a different case altogether though. There's a good bit of difference in a team owner wanting to move to another city and suing because he was blocked and one owner who is trying to specifically sue certain other owners individually AND again as part of the league in THAT law suit. Just because he thinks the rules don't apply to his players

 

on another note, I hate when teams move. If they're not getting supported by the fans that's one thing, but some of these moves are plain and simple because of the greed of the owners on new stadiums. 

 

I said it concerning last nights game, but will aim it more and the league in general, NFL is pushing itself more and more to losing me as part of the audience. MLB and NBA have both already done it, and I haven't missed either of them one bit. about as much as they've missed me I suppose  ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, papachaz said:

that was a different case altogether though. There's a good bit of difference in a team owner wanting to move to another city and suing because he was blocked and one owner who is trying to specifically sue certain other owners individually AND again as part of the league in THAT law suit. Just because he thinks the rules don't apply to his players

 

on another note, I hate when teams move. If they're not getting supported by the fans that's one thing, but some of these moves are plain and simple because of the greed of the owners on new stadiums. 

 

I said it concerning last nights game, but will aim it more and the league in general, NFL is pushing itself more and more to losing me as part of the audience. MLB and NBA have both already done it, and I haven't missed either of them one bit. about as much as they've missed me I suppose  ;)

 

Common denominator is money though, right papa?

and davis v rozelle hatred was a lot more than just wanting to move to another city...started before the merger when Davis was afc commish.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2017/01/31/deflategate-has-nothing-on-the-wars-waged-between-al-davis-and-pete-rozelle/

bottom line, both Davis and Jones are/were renegade PITAes to NFL commishoner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vandy said:

Common denominator is money though, right papa?

and davis v rozelle hatred was a lot more than just wanting to move to another city...started before the merger when Davis was afc commish.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2017/01/31/deflategate-has-nothing-on-the-wars-waged-between-al-davis-and-pete-rozelle/

I do know that (the bold) but when Al sued, he sued the 'league' for blocking him, not specifically aimed at Pete and specific other owners. And by the time it was all said and done, Pete had had enough and retired soon after. Tagliabue (SP) was a bigger joke than goodell, but not by much

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I do know that (the bold) but when Al sued, he sued the 'league' for blocking him, not specifically aimed at Pete and specific other owners. And by the time it was all said and done, Pete had had enough and retired soon after. Tagliabue (SP) was a bigger joke than goodell, but not by much

 

All I’m saying there’s no way NFL is going to be able to get rid of Jerry jones, anymore than they could Al davis ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, brewman said:

Silly.  When you buy an NFL team you're buying a franchise, and like all such franchises there's always clauses in the contract that will allow the corporation to take the franchise from you, or force you to sell, if you don't follow the rules laid down in the franchise agreement.

Then they should refund him the entire buying price and any money that he spent increasing the value of the team....I despise Jerry Jones and the Cowboys, but I despise corporate big shots who use their positions and money to bully others more. They weren't doing all of this hand wringing over Jerry's antics when it was serving their own purposes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...