Does Ward remind anyone else of a mini Turner?

GET-ME-A-DB-TD

i like Coleman even though 80% of his yards come on 20% of his runs...But i would equally be as enthused with seeing Ward start a whole game. Hes like a baby Turner but shiftier. I see all these threads about Free missing "Weeks" but even if he did, would you REALLY be that worried? IDC who we missed out on signing bc even if our RB stable went short for a month, i have full confidence in Ward.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Ward is the worst player on our team and has been for a while. He had one good play against the Cowboys. I honestly don't know why we bother putting him on the field. Just let D. Coleman be our stand-in and Poe can move to FB full time. 

D@MN LOR...???!!! Dude aint THAT bad. Tirner wasnt "The Burner" in this league till he got some touches. Its not just his one play. He has speed, and shiftyness. He hardly ever gets tackles for a loss and always falls forward..(and he can catch). All of Free's negative runs are negated by his good one. Ward dont have all the negatives.

Ward is the ultimate anti-TATF player. Nothing flashy, just goes out there play after play, gets his 3.5 yards. Keeps the chain on schedule, and sets you up to make the next play. He does his job. His job is not "exciting TD scorer." His job is "keep us on schedule." He is a guy you can feed snaps without fear of ending up in a bad position. No matter how much you play Coleman, he will need to take snaps off. Hand it to Ward twice and convert 3rd and 4. If the team can't do that, its not on Ward.

Personally, I think you need some "Gruden Grinder" type guys to get you across a 16 game season. Ward isn't anyone's feature back. He's a pack mule. He can carry the groceries while the Ferrari is stopping for gas. 

12 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Ward is the worst player on our team and has been for a while. He had one good play against the Cowboys. I honestly don't know why we bother putting him on the field. Just let D. Coleman be our stand-in and Poe can move to FB full time. 

Ward is a player man. Everytime his number was called he did well since he’s been here. I told everybody that thought Hill was the next best thing since sliced bread that he wouldn’t beat out ward. 

11 hours ago, caponine said:

speaking of that.... we all need to be patient with the run game. I dont think we’ll have alot of success in the first quarter but i think coleman has the best game of his career

He doesn’t have a choice but to have the best game of his career. He’s starting. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Ward is a player man. Everytime his number was called he did well since he’s been here. I told everybody that thought Hill was the next best thing since sliced bread that he wouldn’t beat out ward. 

What do you mean by 'well'? He basically gets one or two yards per gain until garbage time when he cranks out a big run and gets his average up. He's average or below average at everything. He knows the system and Hill wasn't good, so I wasn't surprised he stuck around, but he's not good.