Where Are Our Banners?

FREAK!

So I've attended three Falcons games and one United game this season and I've noticed our division and conference championship banners are nowhere to be seen up in the rafters of the stadium. Neither are our retired number banners. Does anyone know what gives? I haven't heard anything about it on local sports radio nor from anywhere else. Are they just not going to put them up for some reason? Are they hanging in some less visible part of the stadium, becasue if they are, I haven't seen them. Anyone heard anything? 

The only banner that needs to hang up there is the superbowl banner with the lombardi trophy on it. 

In my book, banners for winning the division dont count. Thats not the ultimate goal. Its like winning for coming in second or third place. Its like a banner for participation. Jmho

I think they may be trying to begin to retire the Ring of Honor, only to be eventually replaced with something more exclusive. It sounds bad, but here's the problem: We've already got 10+ members, and we've got zero championships. It's too easy to get in. Other teams with multiple Lombardis have less players in their "HOF" or with retired numbers than we do. Plus it's only gonna get worse. TonyG, Roddy, Ryan are all shoo ins to make the Ring. Probably Julio if his health holds out. There could be 3-4 players on our current D that might eventually. And if we finally get a Super Bowl trophy, we're gonna wanna put almost the whole team in there. All those guys in the Ring were great players and gave their hearts and bodies to this franchise. I just think maybe in addition to that, we need something a little more special. 

I wouldn't mind having a few division and conference championship banners hanging. But it will be much sweeter if they're hanging with the Big One. Maybe that's the point. Nothing really to celebrate until we've got the big one.

2 hours ago, RazorWing said:

The only banner that needs to hang up there is the superbowl banner with the lombardi trophy on it. 

In my book, banners for winning the division dont count. Thats not the ultimate goal. Its like winning for coming in second or third place. Its like a banner for participation. Jmho

so how long you been following this team? I'm going out on a limb and guessing not long. I'll elaborate on why I think that when you answer, if you answer

35 minutes ago, papachaz said:

so how long you been following this team? I'm going out on a limb and guessing not long. I'll elaborate on why I think that when you answer, if you answer

I followed this team for more than 17 years. I seen alot of division banners and conference championship banners hanging up. I havent taken a look at the stadiums of new england,dallas,pittsburgh and san fran yet. They are Multiple superbowl winners.

And maybe they use to host division banners before winning superbowls.

Im saying their standard of winning and  putting up only championship banners is high. New england cheats had to make room to put a 5th one up there.

During that monday night game i didnt see division banners and conference championshiop banners. And i think thats where our organization standards are now. No division banners. Only superbowl banner with that lombardi trophy. 

7 hours ago, RazorWing said:

Conference Championship is like the I-C or US championship. A secondary Championship.

Back before 1965 all you had to do was win your division and beat the team that won their division and you were the world champs. 

So we would be probably 2-4 time world champs if we were around before 1965.

The Patriots are the only team that wins championships based purely on skill IMO. 

Most teams that win championships are no more talented or even less talented than our roster. Things have to bounce your way. Injuries and bad bounces or bad officiating can ruin a team season. The Lions are famous for getting shafted by the refs and bad luck IMO.

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Patriots are the only team that wins championships based purely on skill IMO. 

Most teams that win championships are no more talented or even less talented than our roster. Things have to bounce your way. Injuries and bad bounces or bad officiating can ruin a team season. The Lions are famous for getting shafted by the refs and bad luck IMO.

the teams with 4 or 5? yeah, skill and coaching. maybe 2 or 3, but if those are won within a few years of each other, then you have to put as much or more emphasis with the skill level of the roster. Pats have been relevant, IE: the team to beat for most (almost all) of Belicheks tenure. Even with backups in key positions

12 hours ago, RazorWing said:

banner.jpg

rrMQal1.jpg