Just how banged up is Seattle?

Falcons Fan MVP

I had this game penciled as a loss. But with Richard Sherman being injured and Kam Chancellor along with Earl Thomas being a question mark it looks like The Falcons should take care of business at Seattle. I don't know the status of their o line or weather or not Chancellor or Thomas will play. I even heard a rumor Russell Wilson is banged up.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

Remember who Carolina didn't have before we went up there. It's week to week with this year's Falcons team. 

I remember Atlanta pretty much having their way against Carolina, but lacked execution. I wish people kill the "we're getting our *** kicked logic". Our losses have come from a few key mistakes. I had a Camwagon Fan swear up and down that Cam had the game of his life against Atlanta. 

21 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I remember Atlanta pretty much having their way against Carolina, but lacked execution. I wish people kill the "we're getting our *** kicked logic". Our losses have come from a few key mistakes. I had a Camwagon Fan swear up and down that Cam had the game of his life against Atlanta. 

This!

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

True.  However this is also the difference between good teams and mediocre teams.  I’m not yet willing to say that this is the week Atlanta starts clicking for the most part even if I do think that on paper we have a better team than they do right now.

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I had this game penciled as a loss. But with Richard Sherman being injured and Kam Chancellor along with Earl Thomas being a question mark it looks like The Falcons should take care of business at Seattle. I don't know the status of their o line or weather or not Chancellor or Thomas will play. I even heard a rumor Russell Wilson is banged up.

It's not about Seattle. It is about the Falcons not doing anything to harm themselves. Seattle at full strength is no problem for an Atlanta team that avoids foolish penalties and mistakes. If we do have foolish penalties and mistakes, no amount of Seattle injuries can save us. 

4 hours ago, Malachore said:

Pretty sure the only person they are going to be without is Sherman, no way we get lucky enough to miss the entire LOB.

Chancellor is probably out. Thomas will likely play, Sherman is out (lets not forget he's being replaced by Byron Maxwell whom got his a*s destroyed by Julio the last time they saw each other). Wagner, Bennett and Wright all have injuries. Brown may be out (another chance for Clayborn to feed!) Their starting RB is out and their starting  LG might be out too. They are beat up and down on both sides of the ball. Will make it interesting for us.

Edited by FenixFalcon

I don't care who we play, who is healthy, home or away, national tv or not; when the Atlanta Falcons don't beat themselves with mistakes, they have the talent to bury any team they play. There isn't one single dominant team out there that I'm confident would beat us on talent alone. We just need to get our head out of our ***** and start taking care of business.#Facts

1 hour ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I don't care who we play, who is healthy, home or away, national tv or not; when the Atlanta Falcons don't beat themselves with mistakes, they have the talent to bury any team they play. There isn't one single dominant team out there that I'm confident would beat us on talent alone. We just need to get our head out of our ***** and start taking care of business.#Facts

Do you think we should have beat the Patriots week 7?

They are in shambles.  Shambles.

On defense they will be starting a CB they were trying to dump a few weeks ago that failed a physical on one side and an injured rookie on the other side. Chancellor is going to be out, and that is one week after having a monster game against the Cardinals that really held the defense together.

The one piece of the LOB that will be in place is himself coming off a hamstring pull and we don't know how good he will be either.

Of course they lost a stud DE in Avril earlier in the season and that is why they are running old azz Freeney out there for 40+ snaps a game.  It's too many for him and he is already wearing down.

On offense they are either going to have a scrub at LT or Duane Brown on a bad ankle.  Either way is bad news, especially since the starting LG Joekel had knee surgery a few weeks ago and is most likely out too.  Their top 2 RBs are out and the two guys they have been running out there are averaging 2.6 and 2.7 yards per carry.  Russell Wilson is by a large margin their leading rusher with only 290 yards.

Even Doug Baldwin got hurt in the last game, pulling a quad, although he was able to make it through the game. 

This team is a physical wreck, and it will be an epic wasted opportunity if the Falcons do not win this game.

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you think we should have beat the Patriots week 7?

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

They could have easily. 

One blocked FG and a really dumb roughing the passer penalty on Atlanta really changed that whole game.

Based on how NE Defense was playing up to that point, I thought we should have beaten them.

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Earl Thomas makes that defense great. He is the most important piece. That defense can survive without anyone except Earl

Earl is great but they have won games without him - even made the playoffs without him. This will be the first time they have played a game without Sherm - it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

18 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Earl is great but they have won games without him - even made the playoffs without him. This will be the first time they have played a game without Sherm - it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

They are a good team with or without Earl. But that defense isn't great without Earl. Sherm is great because Earl provides over the top help. That's why Patrick Peterson said Sherm didnt even play man straight up

15 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Didn’t see the game but wasn’t his best plays (runs) come off lack of containment? 

35 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Earl Thomas makes that defense great. He is the most important piece. That defense can survive without anyone except Earl

Yap I agree...with Earl Thomas and Sheldon Richardson this game will be closer than most people think.

We have to be surgical in game planning and defense may have to go man most cases. Also, putting QB spy is gonna be monumental task.