ESPN Ranks Sark......LOLOLOL

NeonDeion

atl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

6. Atlanta Falcons

Offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian

The former Washington and USC coach is a first-time NFL playcaller with the Falcons, though he called plays plenty at the collegiate level. Sarkisian played and coached under Norm Chow, the former BYU and USC playcaller who was the Titans' offensive coordinator from 2005 to 2007. Sarkisian, who succeeded current 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan in Atlanta, inherited last season's top scoring offense, at 33.8 points per game. The Falcons have dipped to 15th in scoring, at 21.9 points per contest, but Sarkisian still has some of the league's best offensive personnel -- when healthy -- with All-Pro wide receiver Julio Jones, reigning MVP Matt Ryan and two-time Pro Bowl running Devonta Freeman, among others. -- Vaughn McClure

2 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

ESPN didn't rank Sark. They ranked the Atlanta offense. 

Well, that’s not what the beginning of the article says. It’s quite confusing. Even still are we the 6th best offense? No.

And if you are ranking purely on personnel then we should be #1

Just now, Vandy said:

Yep. Plus he’s not near as bad as this board’s General opinion of him is.

He's had some pretty bad moments starting out.  That said, I like what he did during the Dallas game and am hoping beyond hope that it was a turning point for him.

Just now, athell said:

He's had some pretty bad moments starting out.  That said, I like what he did during the Dallas game and am hoping beyond hope that it was a turning point for him.

All coaches have them, my friend (see Shanny in SB)...but overall, our offense’s problems have been more in execution than the playcalling.  

Just now, Vandy said:

All coaches have them, my friend (see Shanny in SB)...but overall, our offense’s problems have been more in execution than the playcalling.  

They do, but right now I'm not worried about all coaches I am worried about our coach! :(

Execution has been a huge problem for sure, but you cannot defend things like that entire goal line series in the New England game.  He has had some pretty big head scratchers so far.  Like I said though, there is a time of transition, and I liked the Dallas game plan so hopefully he builds on it going forward.

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yep. Plus he’s not near as bad as this board’s General opinion of him is.

How many dropped catches have killed our red zone scoring opps? & how many pts teamshave scored off that and won games this year?

If for moment, we take away those INTs ....Sark would be called for Offensive Cordinator of year

13 minutes ago, athell said:

They do, but right now I'm not worried about all coaches I am worried about our coach! :(

Execution has been a huge problem for sure, but you cannot defend things like that entire goal line series in the New England game.  He has had some pretty big head scratchers so far.  Like I said though, there is a time of transition, and I liked the Dallas game plan so hopefully he builds on it going forward.

Well, coaching has been an issue all season and execution goes back to coaching, starting at the top....

players started the  season sloppy as ****, which magnifies the questionable play calls when they don’t work

2 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

How many dropped catches have killed our red zone scoring opps? & how many pts teamshave scored off that and won games this year?

If for moment, we take away those INTs ....Sark would be called for Offensive Cordinator of year

Same on other side too Ice-Ice baby....dropped int’s, stupid penalties, sloppy tackling...

42 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Regardless of where fault lies, this offense doesn't deserve a ranking of number 6.

Atlanta's offense is currently:

10th in offensive DVOA
4th in yards per play
5th in net yards per attempt
5th in yards per carry
8th in expected points contributed
6th in plays per drive
3rd in yards per drive
6th in TOP per drive
9th in points per drive
8th in scoring % per drive

6th is a perfectly reasonable ranking. 

Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Atlanta's offense is currently:

10th in offensive DVOA
4th in yards per play
5th in net yards per attempt
5th in yards per carry
8th in expected points contributed
6th in plays per drive
3rd in yards per drive
6th in TOP per drive
9th in points per drive
8th in scoring % per drive

6th is a perfectly reasonable ranking. 

Ok so you cherry pick the stats that make the offense look good and then come to that conclusion.  I can dig it.

Where do the Rams rank in the same stats I wonder.

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

DVOA for advanced statistics, "rate stats" for the raw numbers. Meaning: yards per attempt (including net and adjusted), yards per carry yards per play, plays per drive, yards per drive. 

Ok well the DVOA ranks Atlanta 10th, which I think is probably about where this offense ranks.  Maybe.  They have been so shaky in the red zone though it is hard for me to even give them that.

3 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

DVOA for advanced statistics, "rate stats" for the raw numbers. Meaning: yards per attempt (including net and adjusted), yards per carry yards per play, plays per drive, yards per drive. 

So it is not your opinion that red zone performance is an important indicator of offensive performance?