Matt Ryan top 3 QB after 10 weeks

AtlLover

3. MATT RYANATLANTA FALCONS – 86.1OVERALL GRADE

Ranking the NFL QBs - Week 10 - Matt Ryan

Our No. 2-graded quarterback since Week 6, Ryan continued his hot play with a clean game against the Cowboys. His first pass was intercepted on a tipped pass that normally falls incomplete, and that continues Ryan’s trend of unlucky interceptions. He’s actually been the best in the league at avoiding turnover-worthy plays, so don’t let those eight interceptions fool you. Against Dallas, Ryan maneuvered the pocket, moved the chains on third down, and showed off his red zone accuracy with a well-placed ball in the back of the end zone for his second touchdown of the day. Ryan finished 13-for-13 for 133 yards and a score on passes in between the numbers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-qb-rankings-by-pff-grade-after-week-10?utm_content=buffer81f7d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, AtlLover said:

3. MATT RYANATLANTA FALCONS – 86.1OVERALL GRADE

Ranking the NFL QBs - Week 10 - Matt Ryan

Our No. 2-graded quarterback since Week 6, Ryan continued his hot play with a clean game against the Cowboys. His first pass was intercepted on a tipped pass that normally falls incomplete, and that continues Ryan’s trend of unlucky interceptions. He’s actually been the best in the league at avoiding turnover-worthy plays, so don’t let those eight interceptions fool you. Against Dallas, Ryan maneuvered the pocket, moved the chains on third down, and showed off his red zone accuracy with a well-placed ball in the back of the end zone for his second touchdown of the day. Ryan finished 13-for-13 for 133 yards and a score on passes in between the numbers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-qb-rankings-by-pff-grade-after-week-10?utm_content=buffer81f7d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Wow! That is awesome!

How many interceptions this year have been as a result of bouncing off of receivers hands this year?

Thanks for posting.  There are lot of Ryan detractors still hanging around but he is the best QB we have ever had in my opinión.  Bart was a legend and Vick was a Prodigy but Ryan has withstood the test of time!  Strangely enough, he still doesn't have the franchise record for most TDs in a game.  Does anybody remember who that record belongs to?

1 minute ago, lostnmexico said:

Thanks for posting.  There are lot of Ryan detractors still hanging around but he is the best QB we have ever had in my opinión.  Bart was a legend and Vick was a Prodigy but Ryan has withstood the test of time!  Strangely enough, he still doesn't have the franchise record for most TDs in a game.  Does anybody remember who that record belongs to?

Guessing ,  Bobby hebert

2 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Wade Wilson with 5??

8 minutes ago, QuinnTorris said:

I wonder who's gonna be the new scapegoat in 2018?

Or 2019?

It's pretty astonishing Matt has accomplished what he has ie fastest ever to 40,000 yards and all the stats that go with it, while switching from OC to OC to OC.  Matt is just that steady presence that elevates this team year after year.  Would have loved for Shanny to stick around a few seasons longer :(

1 minute ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Plenty of us have been saying this already... Ryan has been a stud as usual. 

Receivers need to Rise Up

It's why that superbowl still pisses me off, amongst other reasons...outside of Atlanta and really even in Atlanta he is grossly underrated and a SB win would have gone a long way for his HoF cred.

8 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I agree with the idea that the turnovers largely havent been his fault but he's also missed some very makeable passes a bit too frequently for my liking. 

I think he's playing right around his baseline, TBH. Which is like a Top 7-10 QB. 

And even with the timing Larry I attribute that to throughout the whole offseason he didn’t have Julio and Gabriel and even now Julio usually sits during the week of preparation. Their timing has been off but i think it’s getting better. I think that’s where him missing guys is coming from. 

14 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I agree with the idea that the turnovers largely havent been his fault but he's also missed some very makeable passes a bit too frequently for my liking. 

I think he's playing right around his baseline, TBH. Which is like a Top 7-10 QB. 

Yeah, the offense just hasn't had the same timing and rhythm to it like last year.  He has had some bad overthrows this year which may be due to his change in mechanics in the offseason.  He is a smart dude, his best football is yet to come this season I think.