D-Line role players

kiwifalcon

Ok folks talk to me Shelby Upshaw Rubin Reed.

Everyone talks about our guys who get paid or the pay dirt pass rushers I want to know what y'all think of these 4 guys.Under the radar types lunch pale guys who get in and do the dirty work on 1st and 2nd down.

I got a word for all 4 of these guys they all play TOUGH and if I were to pick a guy that I've seen the past 2 seasons that epitomises that and gets very little praise it's Courtney Upshaw,tough as nails player I love guys like him a bit undersized but plays with a lot of heart and I've even seen him move guy's inside when asked.

Also love what Rubins brought to the team since he's started playing for us another tough SOB who plays like the immovable object inside.Plays an unsung role but I bet those guys playing behind him in Campbell Jones Weatherspoon and Riley will love him.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Ok folks talk to me Shelby Upshaw Rubin Reed.

Everyone talks about our guys who get paid or the pay dirt pass rushers I want to know what y'all think of these 4 guys.Under the radar types lunch pale guys who get in and do the dirty work on 1st and 2nd down.

I got a word for all 4 of these guys they all play TOUGH and if I were to pick a guy that I've seen the past 2 seasons that epitomises that and gets very little praise it's Courtney Upshaw,tough as nails player I love guys like him a bit undersized but plays with a lot of heart and I've even seen him move guy's inside when asked.

Also love what Rubins brought to the team since he's started playing for us another tough SOB who plays like the immovable object inside.Plays an unsung role but I bet those guys playing behind him in Campbell Jones and Weatherspoons love him.

Absolutely. I don’t think ppl realize how much we missed upshaw for a few games  along with Beasley’s abscence.  I think the D will be really clicking the remainder of the season having those key role players. And i think we’ve taken a new ideology I’d tackle the RB on the way to the qb. I noticed that in the Dallas game. We had pass rushers that can rush on early downs. If this is the new norm I like it. Teams can’t get those sneaky passes off on 1st down so easily. 

2 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Rubin has been a very good signing for us, not only is he a brick wall in the run game but you always see him around the guys and congratulating someone on a big play, guy looks like he was a good pick up and brought some accountability and professionalism to the dline group. 

The group lacks a leader. People figured Poe might be that guy but he isn't. Looking at the rest the one who I think might mature into that role is Takk. Give him a year or so and I think he will be the outspoken leader of the group.

26 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Rubin has been stout.

Hageman suspension has been lifted. Just saying... B)

https://www.fanragsports.com/report-nfl-lifts-rashede-hagemans-suspension/

Interesting. I didn't realize he was reinstated on the 31st. I was kinda expecting that we cut his as more of a statement and that we'd resign him once his suspension was lifted. Guess not. Wouldn't mind having him back though. 

Guess we really don't have any incentive to bring Hageman back with the Rubin signing working out so well. Rubin has definitely made a big difference for us in the run game.