Lack of INT's

Detroit_Falcon

If I am not mistaken the Falcons only have a mere 2 interceptions on defense this season. The first being against the Packers by Trufant and the second being against the Fins by Deion Jones. I imagine this has to turn back into the birds favor at some point this season just by odds alone but it seems that teams don't make mistakes against the Falcons. Considering the Falcons had 12 last season what could be the difference & how concerned are you all about this?

7 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Those penalties really have been killer moments in games. Meanwhile how many of OUR interceptions have been tipped off receivers' hands? Would be nice to get a few of those on the other side of the ball. :bang:

I figure this bad luck would have to turn eventually. Also with the pass rush picking up maybe that will create more INT's as well.

There are quite a few reasons for the low INT total.

In addition to several being negated by penalty, the Falcons are forcing QBs to check down constantly, and those aren't the kind of passes you are going to intercept often.  The Falcons are 15th in passing attempts against but only 6th in passing yards allowed, and 4th in net yards per pass against.

All that being said, I think the defense is getting confident in what they are doing finally and the picks are going to come.

1 hour ago, Detroit_Falcon said:

If I am not mistaken the Falcons only have a mere 2 interceptions on defense this season. The first being against the Packers by Trufant and the second being against the Fins by Deion Jones. I imagine this has to turn back into the birds favor at some point this season just by odds alone but it seems that teams don't make mistakes against the Falcons. Considering the Falcons had 12 last season what could be the difference & how concerned are you all about this?

4 have been called back because of stupid penalties. So we’d have 6 at this point if not for the mistakes that negated those picks. 

38 minutes ago, Peyton said:

In addition to several being negated by penalty, the Falcons are forcing QBs to check down constantly, and those aren't the kind of passes you are going to intercept often.  The Falcons are 15th in passing attempts against but only 6th in passing yards allowed, and 4th in net yards per pass against.

All that being said, I think the defense is getting confident in what they are doing finally and the picks are going to come.

All true except the picks were coming. We’d be at 6 at this point if not for penalties. But I agree I think the dumb penalties will subside a bit and the picks will start sticking. 

2 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Not to mention the ones that Trufant, Alford, Poole has had their hands on and didn't bring in. I think Trufant has had his hands on three that could have ben picked.

Absolutely. Poole I know have missed 3. Allen dropped one. Tru has dropped 3 I can remember. We’re getting our hands on the ball. Just have to finish. And the other half stop negating with stupid penalties. 

57 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Unless the qbs name is Matt Ryan and you have receivers with mittens for hands

11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

We don’t have a problem. 4 have been negated by penalties. We’d have 6 if not for penalties. 

Respectfully disagree that we don't  have a problem. Other teams also have these unlucky breaks but make up for it with other plays. We have yet to do that consistently. 

This is the exact hole that I fell into earlier in the season. Kept saying we don't have a problem with our offense  because if this and if that. Bottom line is that we are almost last in INTs. 

1 minute ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Respectfully disagree that we don't  have a problem. Other teams also have these unlucky breaks but make up for it with other plays. We have yet to do that consistently. 

This is the exact hole that I fell into earlier in the season. Kept saying we don't have a problem with our offense  because if this and if that. Bottom line is that we are almost last in INTs. 

There’s no problem. We negated 4 and dropped at least 7 that I can recall by memory. That’s not a problem. That’s just stop the dumb penalties and hold on to the ball. And no teams don’t negate this many int’s with penalties. Not the ones that are getting the turnovers. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Biggest overturned int that pissed me off was alfords against New England. Easiest pick ever and it got overturned cause of a penalty

Absolutely bro. We don’t have an issue getting picks. We have to stop negating them. Even in the Dallas game Tru had one negated.