Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unintentional Grounding

2018 NFL Draft Prospects the Atlanta Falcons have shown interest in

397 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Sick.... like.... hoping this ends soon.

I just got over a nasty bronchitis. Hope you feel better soon

Did a little vid on him. Love his point of attack. Never shoulder blocking. Arm extension is good. low center of gravity. Blocks well and gets off of blocks just as well. Eyes stay in the backfield. Tackling is good. Speed rush is sneaky fast for his size. Seems a bit stiff at time, but has potential to bend better and fight at the top level.

All around I like him near the 4th / 5th round. Could go un-drafted, but I don't see that happening since the DE class is short on quality edge setters. He is the kind of guy at 6'2" / 6'3" - 245 / 250 to replace Reed and give us a young thirsty guy to prove himself and breakout. 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

The two tackles from NC state are seriously good. 

I hope we don't waste our time with that kicker we scouted. His kicking seems off.

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

The two tackles from NC state are seriously good. 

I hope we don't waste our time with that kicker we scouted. His kicking seems off.

I'm probably going to look at both of them and do film breakdowns. I know that BJ Hills sister was talking to me about doing an interview.

Osiruz likes this

On 1/24/2018 at 1:35 AM, ike barn87987 said:

You watch his tape after watching Isaiah Wynn's tape and you say "blech"......guy is closer to Schweitzer/Garland than anybody good.

Draft Isaiah Wynn and fix the ******* problem!

On 12/17/2017 at 0:04 AM, ike barn87987 said:

If I had to pick one from this as far as a 1st rd pick, I would say Ohio State and Billy Price. 

look at the tape of Isaiah Wynn and Billy Price back-to-back and tell me whose better.

On 2/15/2018 at 2:45 AM, Unintentional Grounding said:

one of the guys I just watched film on.

If you take this guy he's your replacement for Brooks Reed.

Atlanta need to get stronger against the run and with this guy showing he sets a pretty strong edge and adds some rush to me He'd be a solid day 2,3 pick.

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

If you take this guy he's your replacement for Brooks Reed.

Atlanta need to get stronger against the run and with this guy showing he sets a pretty strong edge and adds some rush to me He'd be a solid day 2,3 pick.

He’s the clayborn replacement IMO. He can move inside on passing downs, set the edge against the run and generate pass rush

kiwifalcon likes this

2 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/nfl-draft/news/112764/jacksonville-state-db-siran-neal-interview.html/

CB Siran Neal named a lot of teams that like him, and we were one of them. It's early but who knows. Skip to around the 7:45 mark and he says the Falcons.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but I will check this kid out.

8 minutes ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

UMMMMMMM........

This kid is a freak of nature. SS? Slot CB? FS? Lb?

If we are looking in the mid rounds to add a piece of talent to this team that can grow this is the guy.

I just feel like we can do better at NB than Poole. We've already been looking at NB type players. Grant Haley and Linden Stephens. But Neal would be a big NB. Did Poole get the NB position by default or did he flat out win it?

datchrisb1 likes this

3 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

I just feel like we can do better at NB than Poole. We've already been looking at NB type players. Grant Haley and Linden Stephens. But Neal would be a big NB. Did Poole get the NB position by default or did he flat out win it?

Pool kind of won by default. I think this kid could give him a run for his money.

22 hours ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

UMMMMMMM........

This kid is a freak of nature. SS? Slot CB? FS? Lb?

If we are looking in the mid rounds to add a piece of talent to this team that can grow this is the guy.

Looks good, but the competition isn't great, hard to tell... plus he has a pronounced hitch sometimes when he has to flip his hips (0:17, 1:11, 2:02), looks like it's also there when he has to drive sometimes (0:08). It's not always there though. Just my opinion.  I agree, he could give Poole a good run, but I wouldn't play him in the slot with all those "quick" slot guys, he's either a safety or boundary.  Good find.

22 hours ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Pool kind of won by default. I think this kid could give him a run for his money.

If I had to pick a guy to man the slot regardless of round, give Poole some real competition, this is my top guy. He's physical, transitiions with ease, aside from poor technique there is no wasted movement anywhere, quick and fast, and he's a man corner, what we need IMO.

23 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

If I had to pick a guy to man the slot regardless of round, give Poole some real competition, this is my top guy. He's physical, transitiions with ease, aside from poor technique there is no wasted movement anywhere, quick and fast, and he's a man corner, what we need IMO.

I like Jackson too, but MJ Stewart would also be good at NB. He had a good week at the SB too.

Check out @theACCDN’s Tweet: