Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unintentional Grounding

2018 NFL Draft Prospects the Atlanta Falcons have shown interest in

397 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Unless it’s Quentin Nelson. The kid is as good as I’ve seen. So good that we might have to do a Julio type trade to get up that high. That’s not going to happen, nor do I want it to. But the fact that a guard is that highly regarded says a lot. Tbh, I’m fine rolling with what we have a guard. It worked fine, and there’s only a couple guys I’ve seen so far that I think could set in and do better.

Good points

1 hour ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Unless it’s Quentin Nelson. The kid is as good as I’ve seen. So good that we might have to do a Julio type trade to get up that high. That’s not going to happen, nor do I want it to. But the fact that a guard is that highly regarded says a lot. Tbh, I’m fine rolling with what we have a guard. It worked fine, and there’s only a couple guys I’ve seen so far that I think could set in and do better.

I would be fine with Billy Price 1st rd. But rather go DT.

On 1/4/2018 at 1:31 AM, Colin_Pernett said:

I am not OK with what we have at OG.  The interior OL has cost us too many games........including the Super Bowl.  

Mack is great, but he is all we have.  Garland and Harlow might develop but Wes is what he is......and that ain't nearly good enough.  

Ryan, Freeman, Mack and Julio are in their primes.  If we continue to mess around with the OL, we will waste all that talent.  

Embrace the suck likes this

On 04/01/2018 at 0:46 AM, Colin_Pernett said:

Josh Allen huh? That’s weird. If he falls, it’ll be the best for him to sit for a long time behind a very good QB. I don’t like him, but he’s got the tools. If he is given the keys to a franchise, I have very little doubt he will be a huge bust. But he could be something here. Now if we drafted Lamar Jackson, who we have seen at Louiseville, I’d be over the moon. 

I really like Fumagalli from Wisconsin. He’s a pretty good blocker and has great hands. He’d let us dump Toilolo’s contract and get a much better receiver. 

I think Lamar Jackson will be Robert Griffin 2.0

I love Josh Allen. Think he will be great.

On 1/6/2018 at 5:50 PM, etherdome said:

Mack is great, but he is all we have.  Garland and Harlow might develop but Wes is what he is......and that ain't nearly good enough. 

Don't understand the thought process at all. Why could Garland or Harlow still develop but not Wes ? Why is Wes maxed out after 1 year of starting experience ?

FA91 likes this

2 hours ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

Don't understand the thought process at all. Why could Garland or Harlow still develop but not Wes ? Why is Wes maxed out after 1 year of starting experience ?

Wes was complimented a lot during his rookie season.  During training camp and throughout the year, there were reports of his rapid development.  He had a lot of time to learn the blocking schemes and to work on his deficiencies.  This may be his first year as a starter, but he had a lot of prep time last season.  Bottom line:  he has not progressed enough this season to trust that he will somehow be fine next year.

Garland is older but was a DT.  To me he is the jack of all trades sort of player and should remain in that role.

Harlow is a true rookie and it remains to be seen what he has learned and how far he has progressed.  I look forward to next training camp and hope that he competes very well.  

Truth be told, the window of opportunity is open now.  Ryan, Freeman and Julio are at their peaks.  There is not time to wait.  We need better OG's now.  

4 hours ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

First Riley and now Quinton. The back-up search begins.

It is time to cut the cost of a back up QB.  Soon Schaub could move to QB coach.......if he wants to stay in the game. 

4 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I hope we talk to Nic Shimonek, the QB from Texas Tech. He's got a live arm and he's mobile. Didn't miss a beat stepping in for Mahomes this year.

Me too!! Love his arm and he has pretty good mobility.

Draft

Here are some of the prospects teams met with after the third 2018 Shrine Bowl practice this week, according to Chase Goodbread of College Football 24/7:

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-notes-baker-mayfield-draft-dolphins-titans/

ZoneOne01 likes this

Atlanta Falcons - USC linebacker Uchenna Nwosu.

I wonder is they asked him about Sam / Rushing? If we cut Brooks Reed would drafting Nwosu be a good move?

Going to do a video on him since they talked to him.