When is Vic Beasley going to develop into a consistent pass rusher?

ChickenBiscuit

This is not a thread to discredit or disrespect Vic Beasley in anyway. I love the kids athletic talent and his humble attitude. He's a phenomenal athlete and I'm well aware that he led the league in sacks last year.

But are we going to see more consistent pressure from the 8th overall pick Vic Beasley? He's great at stunts, he can hawk down QBs like Dak and even drop back into coverage -- I'm not doubting that he's played a role on our defense -- but when are we going to see Beasley develop into the consistent pass rusher? Someone that offensive coordinators constantly have to account for? Is that potential there at all for Beasley?

I couldn't help but wonder this when watching Clayborn run wild on poor Chaz Greene. I know Greene is a d-list NFL tackle and all, but Beasley has 4 sacks through 7(?) games and has yet to have a day where he really takes over.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

This is not a thread to discredit or disrespect Vic Beasley in anyway. I love the kids athletic talent and his humble attitude. He's a phenomenal athlete and I'm well aware that he led the league in sacks last year.

But are we going to see more consistent pressure from the 8th overall pick Vic Beasley? He's great at stunts, he can hawk down QBs like Dak and even drop back into coverage -- I'm not doubting that he's played a role on our defense -- but when are we going to see Beasley develop into the consistent pass rusher? Someone that offensive coordinators constantly have to account for? Is that potential there at all for Beasley?

I couldn't help but wonder this when watching Clayborn run wild on poor Chaz Greene. I know Greene is a d-list NFL tackle and all, but Beasley has 4 sacks through 7(?) games and has yet to have a day where he really takes over.

There using him differently now. I dont see him trying to beat the turn now, just more stunting inside. I think he was either out one game and on a snap count 2 others or idk...but i remembered him having a hammy.

If everything goes well with Vic I think he won’t develop until year 5. He just simply has not figured out how to disengage when blocked, which lets me know that he’s not the strongest guy. Until he figures out how to maximize his skill set (which is no doubt his athletic ability) then he will stuggle living up to the standards we have for him. In my mind he continues to rush the passer as if he’s Von Miller when he needs to be more of the Freeney type... Still hasn’t developed those disruptive finesse moves to keep tackles hands off of him. Jab steps, spin and rip moves. Beasley simply has to get to that pass rushing zone to where he isn’t thinking and just reacting.

2 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Remember how Dallas never gave Chaz Green help on the way to giving up 6 sacks? Vic Beasley and Grady Jarrett say Your Welcome.. 

That was definitely Jarrett killing the inside. I honestly believe by the end of the year we will have a solid top 5 defense lol

Vic is not a constant pressure type guy.  He's a guy who can spy QBs, and be a looping speed rusher.

I'd expect him to be an 8-10 sack guy yearly who can also do a lot more for you.

We do need a tall/long power guy who is getting in the QBs face nearly every play even if he's not making the sack...we don't have much of that (at least not developed yet), but Vic's skillset is very useful.