What if Elliott would have played?

Falcons Fan MVP

I was hoping Elliott would play last Sunday. I wanted to see how well we would play vs arguably the best RB in the league.

I know we lost Freeman so the Cowboys have no excuse. I just wonder how well we would have done against Elliott?

I think we would have done well. Just like the Broncos did week 2. Our defense was fired up and they would have taken Elliott to school that day IMO. The D line was not going to get beat on this day.

39 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Not particularly... Morris had 53 yards in 11 carries which is nearly 5 ypc also. 4.81 to be exact. 

They could run the ball without Zeke. They chose not to, then they weren’t in position to. 

If you take away his 20-yard run to open up their second half he had 10 carries for 33 yards. Nearly half his yardage total on one carry, I'd say that inflates things a bit.

Not to mention they ran the ball three or four times to end the game and probably picked up 20 yards. Their stats were greatly inflated they were shut down in the run game.

Edited by Malachore

10 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I've been asking this for years:

Can anyone explain to me how Jason Garrett still draws a paycheck as an active employee

of the Dallas Cowboys? 

Because right when you think his job is in jeopardy he gets into the playoffs. It's like Jerry is afraid to let him go because of what happened with Jimmy Johnson.

7 hours ago, Malachore said:

If you take away his 20-yard run to open up their second half he had 10 carries for 33 yards. Nearly half his yardage total on one carry, I'd say that inflates things a bit.

Not to mention they ran the ball three or four times to end the game and probably picked up 20 yards. Their stats were greatly inflated they were shut down in the run game.

Yeah, but it doesn’t work that way. It’s not different than saying “if you take away that one run where he lost two yards he’d have 5.4 ypc” 

Bottom line, they only had 11 rushing attempts that weren’t Dak so to act like they couldn’t run the ball is disingenuous.... they just didn’t run the ball. 

4 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Yeah, but it doesn’t work that way. It’s not different than saying “if you take away that one run where he lost two yards he’d have 5.4 ypc” 

Bottom line, they only had 11 rushing attempts that weren’t Dak so to act like they couldn’t run the ball is disingenuous.... they just didn’t run the ball. 

Well for the most part they couldn’t run. It was totally shut down in the 1st half. They had one series of good runs in the second half but that was it. After we got a two score lead they were one dimensional.