• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Senior year at LSU:

SENIOR SEASON (2014)
Second-leading rusher for LSU as a senior with 571 yards and three TDs on 112 carries … Averaged 5.1 yards a carry … Played in all 13 games with one start … Rushed for season-high 127 yards and a pair of TDs in win over Kentucky in October … Had 7 4 yards on 12 carries in 10-7 win over No. 3-ranked Ole Miss … Also caught two passes for 45 yards, including a 32-yarder, in win over the Rebels … Started only game of career against Auburn and finished with 23 yards rushing on eight carries … Scored first TD of season and had 62 rushing yards in win over New Mexico State … Chipped in 50 yards on six carries for a season’s best 8.3 yards per carry at Florida ... ... The 127 rushing yards for Magee was his fourth career game with over 100 yards ... Accounted for a career-high 220 all-purpose yards (44 receiving yards, 49 kickoff return yards) during the Kentucky game ... Only the third player since 1990 to lead the Tigers in both rushing and receiving yards during the same game ... The only other players to do that were Joseph Addai against Alabama in 2004 and Harvey Williams against Alabama in 1990 … Caught four passes for 29 yards and completed a 44-yard pass against Mississippi State.

Just now, 4LoveoftheGame said:

I think I would have rather liked them to bring back Brandon Wilds off the Jaguars Practice Squad. I sure hope they know/see something that the Ravens, Seahawks, Rams and Browns didn't see about Magee.

That would havr made sense given he has some familiarity with the offense

2 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

I don’t think so. Maybe they just don’t trust Ward that much.

Ward was on the practice squad, but by taking someone of another teams practice squad you are committed to keep that player on your 53 man roster for the remainder of the season.  The only reason the Falcon's would do that is if one of their other running backs was going to be out for a while.  Once Devonta is cleared to play they'll have to make room on the 53, and it can't be by releasing Terrance McGee.  At least that's how I understand the process.

2 minutes ago, brewman said:

Ward was on the practice squad, but by taking someone of another teams practice squad you are committed to keep that player on your 53 man roster for the remainder of the season.  The only reason the Falcon's would do that is if one of their other running backs was going to be out for a while.  Once Devonta is cleared to play they'll have to make room on the 53, and it can't be by releasing Terrance McGee.  At least that's how I understand the process.

"Injury settlement".

11 minutes ago, brewman said:

I'm assuming you mean the Falcon's would cut McGee with an injury settlement when Devonta returns.  Does the NFL require proof of an injury, or is it just a procedural thing?

I'm not 100% sure but I feel like I've seen teams do this and not even realize the player was hurt.

I like Ward.  Always have.  McGee won't threaten Wards spot either...  But we need depth right now and thus the move.

McGee is about 5' 8", 215

OVERVIEW

2014: Played in all 13 games, starting one. Finished second on team in rushing yards. Team's primary

backup playing behind Leonard Fournette. 2013: Played in all 13 games as the primary backup RB. 2012: Switched positions to WR during spring practices and played in nine games as a reserve WR. 2011: Played in five games as a reserve RB. Missed the final three games of the season with an undisclosed knee injury that required surgery.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dashL 4.65 and 4.66 seconds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Has more than enough competitiveness and toughness. Sees the holes and makes good decisions when the ball is in his hands. Has decent strength and falls forward to finish runs. Courageous pass protector. Understands protection schemes -- who to block and when to release. Works his feet to stay in front of blitzers and is technically sound.

WEAKNESSES

Below-average athlete. Dull runner lacking improvisation. Shake and acceleration are missing from his game. What you see is what you get. Can break tackles here and there but isn't a punisher. Can catch throws to him but must improve at adjusting to poor throws out of backfield. Didn't impress enough to get a bigger piece of the pie among LSU running backs.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 7 or priority free agent

SOURCES TELL US

"He doesn't really do any one thing all that great, but he's solid at everything you ask him to do. He's not special, but I would draft him down the line." -- NFC area scout

BOTTOM LINE

Limited, dime-a-dozen running back who will get some attention from teams for his willingness to stick his nose into blitzers and protect the quarterback on third downs. Has just three kickoff returns over last two seasons, so he's likely a camp body who must find a way to shine with limited reps.