Brian Hill

caponine

1 minute ago, Flyin' In DC said:

We have been rolling with 2 RB;s all year. I assume Coleman and Ward will get spelled by the other Coleman if necessary. Then Poe in short yardage and goal line. I guess we are also banking on Freeman coming back in 2 weeks

Ward was our insurance for Free and Teco.  Hill was our insurance for Teco and Ward.  I assume they go after a veteran RB but the timing is absolutely awful.

1 hour ago, athell said:

So we rolling with 2 RBs then while Free is out?  That does not seam...ideal...

I'm thinking Terron Ward deserves a chance. They've kept him around for a reason. All I've read around this forum around draft day and pre-season is how players need time to develop, but when there is a roster spot where someone excels like Freeman and Coleman then all you hear is how "Nobody can replace them or pick up the slack if they are gone". 

Does nobody not remember how Coleman was a FUMBLING machine a couple years ago?  Ward has been solid. I think he has potential to be a power RB, Just my opinion. For RB's to excel in this league there has to be time for game planning for their particular strengths and styles. At the rate Freeman is going he probably doesn't need to be on the field for his own well being. He got paid, and I got to give the man kudos because he went all out, but I am also glad that the NFL protocol is protecting him and saving him form himself at this point in ti me. JMO. 

There is a reason the Falcons have kept Ward around. Although to be completely honest, it makes the Falcons drafting process look really bad letting Brian Hill go like that. 

We shall see what happens. The fact that Dan Quinn is mentioning D. Poe being a fullback just wreaks of a realization of bad decisions with some draft selections like Brian Hill. I mean, whoever made that pick should be fired knowing the lineup of RB's to begin with where the Falcons go alone. 

If the Falcons were going to draft a RB, they needed to draft the biggest, CRUSHING POWER RB you could find for short yardage situations or BLOCKING situations. Instead they seem to think they have that BACKFIELD??????". 

Oh well, flame away those are my thoughts. Should have never drafted an RB in my opinion unless it was some POWER RB that can run over people for short yardage. 

Just my opinion......... 

17 minutes ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

Oh well, flame away those are my thoughts. Should have never drafted an RB in my opinion unless it was some POWER RB that can run over people for short yardage. 

Just my opinion......... 

No flames needed, makes sense.  I like Ward a lot, especially as a 3.  But now he is a 2, and that worries me long term if Devonta is out for an extended time.