Sunday had a lot of the look and feel of some of our losses

Another dropped pass being intercepted deep in our own territory. Another interception of our own wiped away due to penalty. More offensive drives starting inside our own 5 yard line. **** even a nice play by Deion batting down a pass seemed to prevent a great read and potential pick 6 by Rico. In many ways this game had a lot of the same elements that spelled doom for us during our 1-4 stretch. 

The main difference I saw was how we responded to those adversities. Our defense got off the field on third downs with a relentless pass rush. We won the turnover battle. We sustained drives. We shut down their run game. When we got in the red zone, we settled for 7, not 3. We hit those intermediate-deep passes that have eluded us all season. We converted on third down.

Say what you want about Dallas not being at full strength, but that was a talented team that we made look mediocre, and we did it with our backs against the wall. The rest of our season won’t be easy, but this was the first step to righting the ship, and put our fate back in our hands. Now it’s up to us to keep it rolling. 

46 minutes ago, Upstate NY Falcon said:

Say what you want about Dallas not being at full strength, but that was a talented team that we made look mediocre...

I just posted this in another thread that addresses this somewhat:

This whole thing about them missing Zeke is a false narrative. This was their first game without him, right? Did they come in with an undefeated record then? If Zeke makes all the difference they should have. But the point is they have lost games WITH Zeke. So the fact that they lost one without him means nothing. How is all of a sudden that the difference? Why is that the narrative? If they had an undefeated record coming in I could see it. But they didn't.

6 minutes ago, fuego said:

I just posted this in another thread that addresses this somewhat:

This whole thing about them missing Zeke is a false narrative. This was their first game without him, right? Did they come in with an undefeated record then? If Zeke makes all the difference they should have. But the point is they have lost games WITH Zeke. So the fact that they lost one without him means nothing. How is all of a sudden that the difference? Why is that the narrative? If they had an undefeated record coming in I could see it. But they didn't.

•  

They clearly missed Tyrone Smith more.