Jump to content

Seattle has had a garbage schedule


Brewcrew
 Share

Recommended Posts

They have only played 3 teams with a winning record and only won one of those (Rams, also a division game).  The other wins include 49ers, Giants, Colts, Texans and Cardinals.  Those teams have a combined record of 12-35...  Garbage.   

The Redskins beat them in the daunting CenturyLink Field just two weeks ago.  And the Hawks are coming in pretty banged up.  This is a game the Falcons really need to take advantage of.  It's a very winnable game and the tie-breaker is a big deal.  It is time to make a statement on Monday night and beat them down into submission like they did the Cowgirls.  

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the injury situation of the Seahawks, I wouldn't call this game "winnable".  I'd say this is a game the Falcons absolutely have to win if they want to get where they are going.

There is a lot of luck in football and Seattle has recently suffered a lot of bad luck.  Atlanta needs to be able to take advantage of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Playing the Seahawks in Seattle in primetime is a whole another ball game. What's Russell Wilson's overall home record? Oh, and what's Russell Wilson's overall home record in primetime games? Don't forget the Falcons poor Monday Night road record either. We broke that streak against the Saints last season, so if we want to start a winning streak in Monday Night road games. Better win next week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have watched every Seahawk game this year.  They aren't the same team once you get past the mystique -- even before the injuries started to take hold.  I think Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner are better than ever, but everything around them is starting to atrophy.  I saw teams able to throw the ball outside on them with frequency -- and it wasn't just the result of blown coverages -- they were giving them that work.

That defensive line is legit, and stacked with young talent, but they have been gashes this season.  The 49ers put 159 yards on 'em.  Michael Bennett already has more sacks than he had last season, but he isn't the constantly disruptive force he has been in years past when he had a legit claim to being the best defensive player in the league.  

Don't get me wrong, they are still good... very good.  However there are holes on both sides to exploit, but once again it's really going to come down to what Atlanta does.  If they are executing, if they are multiple and integrating all of their weapons into the game, they are a better team than Seattle.  I don't care where the game is being played.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Playing the Seahawks in Seattle in primetime is a whole another ball game. What's Russell Wilson's overall home record? Oh, and what's Russell Wilson's overall home record in primetime games? Don't forget the Falcons poor Monday Night road record either. We broke that streak against the Saints last season, so if we want to start a winning streak in Monday Night road games. Better win next week. 

Oh, you don't say...:tiphat:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That insane game they played against the Texans should remind everyone that they can still win if you let Wilson run and throw all over you. If the Falcons can find a way to contain Wilson, and they did well against Prescott, then it is certainly winnable. But if you fall asleep on Wilson he will make you pay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this game determines whether or not we have a shot at the playoffs this year. We have to beat Seattle and TB twice to give us a little breathing room for our last 4 against Minnesota, NO x2, and Carolina. 

We would then hold the tiebreaker over Detroit, Green Bay, Dallas and Seattle. I could easily see 3 NFC south teams in the playoffs this year, but lose to Seattle and it could easily be them with Carolina.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Jesus said:

That insane game they played against the Texans should remind everyone that they can still win if you let Wilson run and throw all over you. If the Falcons can find a way to contain Wilson, and they did well against Prescott, then it is certainly winnable. But if you fall asleep on Wilson he will make you pay.

Lets put Clayborn on him so he can't scramble no more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

That insane game they played against the Texans should remind everyone that they can still win if you let Wilson run and throw all over you. If the Falcons can find a way to contain Wilson, and they did well against Prescott, then it is certainly winnable. But if you fall asleep on Wilson he will make you pay.

 

Yep.  Cam and Prescott the two weeks before is a perfect precursor.  They should be well rehearsed in keeping him in the pocket by now.  This game is going to be on the defense to take control of.        

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Peyton said:

With the injury situation of the Seahawks, I wouldn't call this game "winnable".  I'd say this is a game the Falcons absolutely have to win if they want to get where they are going.

There is a lot of luck in football and Seattle has recently suffered a lot of bad luck.  Atlanta needs to be able to take advantage of that.

This is a true statement.  Seattle being an NFC contender makes it bigger but the bottom line is Atlanta put themselves behind the 8 ball a bit with the Miami & Buffalo losses.  Seattle dealing with injuries on D, a suspect Oline, and a bad RB situation means that even in Seattle the Falcons have to take advantage if they’re going to do anything this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

 

 

 

 

We've played bad teams and beaten ourselves. 

They've played bad teams and won. 

Winning over good teams or bad teams is important to a team beyond standings and stats. 

Let's not forget that Micheal Bennett probably has a photoshoped Picture of Matt Ryan wearing a Las Vegas police uniform in his locker. I think even a beat up Seahawks team will get up for this game to try and repay us for dominating them on a national stage in the playoffs last year. To a man they know if they beat us our season could be over. This ain't going to be  a walk in the park. I'll be impressed/surprised if we beat them big at home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

We've played bad teams and beaten ourselves. 

They've played bad teams and won. 

Winning over good teams or bad teams is important to a team beyond standings and stats. 

Let's not forget that Micheal Bennett probably has a photoshoped Picture of Matt Ryan wearing a Las Vegas police uniform in his locker. I think even a beat up Seahawks team will get up for this game to try and repay us for dominating them on a national stage in the playoffs last year. To a man they know if they beat us our season could be over. This ain't going to be  a walk in the park. I'll be impressed/surprised if we beat them big at home.

You seem to think the Seahawks record is dramatically different than the Falcons.  It's not.  It's one game better.

They lost to a GB team that Atlanta pounded and they lost to an average Tennessee team and they lost at home to the Redskins.

This isn't a team coming up clutch every week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Peyton said:

You seem to think the Seahawks record is dramatically different than the Falcons.  It's not.  It's one game better.

They lost to a GB team that Atlanta pounded and they lost to an average Tennessee team and they lost at home to the Redskins.

This isn't a team coming up clutch every week. 

Seem to think - The only thing I think at this point is every team is dangerous at this point to us until we've proven we have our stuff together. The Seahawks have plenty of motivation to knock us off or back into the downward spiral. All I'm saying is I don't care what they've done so far this season or who's hurt. The only thing I care about is how they play us on game day. I'll be happy as heck if we coast over them, but I fully expect the game to be a toss-up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The O.D.B said:

Seem to think - The only thing I think at this point is every team is dangerous at this point to us until we've proven we have our stuff together. The Seahawks have plenty of motivation to knock us off or back into the downward spiral. All I'm saying is I don't care what they've done so far this season or who's hurt. The only thing I care about is how they play us on game day. I'll be happy as heck if we coast over them, but I fully expect the game to be a toss-up. 

There is no doubt that in this league a team that is making dumb errors or playing uninspired is going to get beat.

But if the Falcons can eliminate the mental errors as they mostly did against Dallas, they are going to win this game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

There is no doubt that in this league a team that is making dumb errors or playing uninspired is going to get beat.

But if the Falcons can eliminate the mental errors as they mostly did against Dallas, they are going to win this game.

Maybe it's just the burns still stinging or my superstitious side talking, but I'm in show me mode until I see something resembling what we saw in the playoffs last year for a few games. I'd love to be reading "THEY'RE BACK!!!" headlines for the next few weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Seem to think - The only thing I think at this point is every team is dangerous at this point to us until we've proven we have our stuff together. The Seahawks have plenty of motivation to knock us off or back into the downward spiral. All I'm saying is I don't care what they've done so far this season or who's hurt. The only thing I care about is how they play us on game day. I'll be happy as heck if we coast over them, but I fully expect the game to be a toss-up. 

 

All I'm saying is that despite their winning record Seattle is a very flawed and beatable team.  I would have very little faith in making the playoffs if we don't leave with a win.  Despite playing in Seattle and with them having extra days to rest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Maybe it's just the burns still stinging or my superstitious side talking, but I'm in show me mode until I see something resembling what we saw in the playoffs last year for a few games. I'd love to be reading "THEY'RE BACK!!!" headlines for the next few weeks. 

I'm not assuming the Falcons are going to play great or anything.

I'm just observing that as far as health goes, the Seattle Seahawks are in absolute shambles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...