Shout out to reed, our most consistant pass rusher

TRUju2111

The Falcons have many pass rushers who can be productive, but yet no one really notices outside of Beasley.

Takk, Reed, and Clayborn can all be solid contributors in the pass rush. Dak was harassed by all of them yesterday and should've been sacked much more if it wasn't for his very good mobility and quickness.

Takk would've sacked Dak on that TD run play if Dak wasn't that fast.

I don't know if it was playing at home on the turf, but there was something special about that pass rush last night. In the 2nd quarter, it looked like the pocket was breaking down every play. The Falcons DL was getting after it. The only thing that saved Dak was his mobility. He was doing an excellent job of escaping the rush and was gashing us a bit, but it just kept coming and was non-stop.

IMO, the thing that always hurt the Falcons pass rush was the lack of push straight up the middle. What I noticed in the dolphins game was we were allowing Jake Cutler's bumass to have a lane to step up in the pocket. Last night the Falcons were getting good push from Poe and Jarrett straight in Dak's face.

45 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The Falcons have many pass rushers who can be productive, but yet no one really notices outside of Beasley.

Takk, Reed, and Clayborn can all be solid contributors in the pass rush. Dak was harassed by all of them yesterday and should've been sacked much more if it wasn't for his very good mobility and quickness.

Takk would've sacked Dak on that TD run play if Dak wasn't that fast.

If Poole and Jones didn't both take the same man, it wouldn't have been a TD either.  These cats ran together in coverage.  Takk gets to the QB almost every time.  This kid will be special.

36 minutes ago, uga_falcons_braves said:

I don't know if it was playing at home on the turf, but there was something special about that pass rush last night. In the 2nd quarter, it looked like the pocket was breaking down every play. The Falcons DL was getting after it. The only thing that saved Dak was his mobility. He was doing an excellent job of escaping the rush and was gashing us a bit, but it just kept coming and was non-stop.

IMO, the thing that always hurt the Falcons pass rush was the lack of push straight up the middle. What I noticed in the dolphins game was we were allowing Jake Cutler's bumass to have a lane to step up in the pocket. Last night the Falcons were getting good push from Poe and Jarrett straight in Dak's face.

Quinn should pull out some of those 1977 Jerry Glanville tapes.  4 LBs, and blitz two from the same side.  That s*** is virtually unstoppable.

29 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Quinn should pull out some of those 1977 Jerry Glanville tapes.  4 LBs, and blitz two from the same side.  That s*** is virtually unstoppable.

Actually early in the game there was a play where Vic and Campbell lined up next to each other as if they were gonn blitz off Chaz greens side together. I think Campbell dropped in coverage though but they sold it like they were both coming