Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falconsfansrus

For those who said the seats were full

86 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, BAMF said:

Why the fixation with people in seats? The stadium is designed for people not to be in their seats! Really, there are bars all over the place! TVs everywhere (including the bathrooms) Places to stand, eat and watch the game. Clubs for people to gather and watch. I don't see any pictures of the City View where there are 2 levels of space for fans to stand and watch the games. It's a brand new stadium you can literally use the entire 3 hours just exploring what it has to offer.

Because you loose the home field advantage. Fans are not in their seats making noise on defense, supporting the home team. In addition, the atmosphere sucks. Every game now feels like a preseason game :(

16 minutes ago, brewman said:

What is the fixation with fannies in seats?  Why does anyone care?

Home field advantage? 

22 minutes ago, falconsfansrus said:

Because you loose the home field advantage. Fans are not in their seats making noise on defense, supporting the home team.

I do see your point.

This is a whole new model as far as "going to a game".

Before, you showed up, sat in your seat unless you were going to the restroom, or getting something to eat.

Now you can wander around, take in the sights, go to a restaurant or bar, meet up with your friends--all while the game is going on.

I think it's gonna be a while before the uniqueness wears off.

If it doesn't then maybe they can make adjustments such as piping in REAL crowd noise from the various venues and spots inside the stadium. (Can they do that?)

I mean the good news is that it doesn't look like the Cowboys ticket purchasers wanted to be in their seats any more than the Falcons fans.

When it comes creating a home field advantage, the Falcons definitely screwed that up with this stadium.  Quinn and staff are going to have to win these games on their own, there will be no 12th man help here.

Drew4719 and Kaptain Krazy like this

35 minutes ago, gp_74 said:

My question is this...were there a ton of fans mulling around some of the multitudes of amenities and watching on screens, or was the stadium actually that empty?

I was there and yes there were MORE than a ton of people mulling around etc.  The concourses were full during game play.  Don't let those pics fool you, the place was packed!

8 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I mean the good news is that it doesn't look like the Cowboys ticket purchasers wanted to be in their seats any more than the Falcons fans.

Actually if you look closely at the pics, the majority of fans in their seats were Cowboys fans...

49 minutes ago, falconsfansrus said:

Because you loose the home field advantage. Fans are not in their seats making noise on defense, supporting the home team. In addition, the atmosphere sucks. Every game now feels like a preseason game :(

Exactly. This whole trend started with baseball. The stadiums have been designed with all these amenities, games, bars, etc... I think it started with Camden Yards. People take breaks from the seats and go walk around and hang out. I think that formula is fine for baseball because it's a long nine innings with some relatively boring stretches throughout. It's less intense. But it's not a good choice for football, where EVERY possession is important and a game can easily ride on a single momentum swing. 

Maybe I'm just old-school. It's like I said before all this MBS/PSL stuff went down. I would've watched the Falcons OUTSIDE yesterday in the rain and cold, on a cow pasture. That's what true fans do.

If you buy tickets but hang out at the bars socializing and watching other games on TV, when your defense needs you to be in the seats making noise, then I really have to question your fanhood. It's your money. You paid it, and it's your right to do with it what you want. But you are a "spectator", not a fan. We will see what true fans look like next Monday night. Hopefully our team can overcome that.

I'm sorry if you're offended by this. But I'm really not sorry. I've lived in this city 50 years, and have attended Falcon games equally as long. I've earned the right to speak the truth. And overall, Atlanta is mostly a town of spectators, not fans.

Edited by since68andcounting

2 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

Exactly. This whole trend started with baseball. The stadiums have been designed with all these amenities, games, bars, etc... I think it started with Camden Yards. People take breaks from the seats and go walk around and hang out. I think that formula is fine for baseball because it's a long nine innings with some relatively boring stretches throughout. It's less intense. But it's not a good choice for football, where EVERY possession is important and a game can easily ride on a single momentum swing. 

Maybe I'm just old-school. It's like I said before all this MBS/PSL stuff went down. I would've watched the Falcons OUTSIDE yesterday in the rain and cold, on a cow pasture. That's what true fans do.

If you buy tickets but hang out at the bars socializing and watching other games on TV, when your defense needs you to be in the seats making noise, then I really have to question your fanhood. It's your money. You paid it, and it's your right to do with it what you want. But you are a "spectator", not a fan. We will see what true fans look like Thursday night. Hopefully our team can overcome that.

I'm sorry if you're offended by this. But I'm really not sorry. I've lived in this city 50 years, and have attended Falcon games equally as long. I've earned the right to speak the truth. And overall, Atlanta is mostly a town of spectators, not fans.

I could've not said it better. I have not missed a single game in 20+ years...I truly miss the Dome atmosphere...My family and I are the only ones making noise on D in my area...Yesterday 8 seats to my right were empty most of the game... and these are 50 yard line, first row,,, What a waste of primo seats :( 

Dallas coach said that crowd noise was a factor, so unless we're pumping in crowd noise again, I'd say the people who were in the seats were actually doing the dang thing, cheer-wise.

gkgrimes likes this

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

When it comes creating a home field advantage, the Falcons definitely screwed that up with this stadium.  Quinn and staff are going to have to win these games on their own, there will be no 12th man help here.

Eventually the "new car smell" will wear off and folks 'll be less enamoured with all the shiny objects.  

Local sports talk radio and others are trying to spin the open seats as people mulling around away from their seats which is difficult to prove or argue but is just not true. MB stadium like most all NFL stadiums in the country now have about a 25 to 30% sea of empty seats that are clearly visible with photos taken at any point before, during and towards the end of the game. This was the case in MB stadium yesterday which was a surprisingly high number considering Dallas usually has a strong following. I hope the NFL develops a backbone and solves this problem. 

Penumbra likes this

Stop with the empty seats theory. The reason it was loud even when Dallas offense was on the field was not because Dallas’ fans were dumb, it’s because, we the Falcon fans like me, who held on to our tickets, even after being offered $450 per seats which is 4x face value, were making all that noise. Looking at the score on those pix, it’s 25-7, in 4th qtr. So yeah, the Dallas fans were already making their way out.

I don’t blame Falcons fans that wanna make some extra bucks on the side, but please, don’t discredit fans that actually showed up.

Well when you start the first half of the season looking like Joey Harrington and 2007 season, its hard to get people behind it.  If they would have looked like they did yesterday all year and been competitive in their losses , it would be a different story for the fans

I can't even imagine if the Saints get the 1 or the 2 seed in the NFC... that's a home field advantage there in New Orleans with those fans....

2 hours ago, BAMF said:

Why the fixation with people in seats? The stadium is designed for people not to be in their seats! Really, there are bars all over the place! TVs everywhere (including the bathrooms) Places to stand, eat and watch the game. Clubs for people to gather and watch. I don't see any pictures of the City View where there are 2 levels of space for fans to stand and watch the games. It's a brand new stadium you can literally use the entire 3 hours just exploring what it has to offer.

This largely due to the design of the new stadium. Club level moved to this prime seating on the lower level and those people end up standing directly behind the players benches and enjoying the available amenities. (Used to be a great many  very long-term ST fans sitting in those seats now in the end zones & elsewhere.)

3 hours ago, falconsfansrus said:

You must have been at a different game than I. The stadium was rocking. We are  2-2 at home and 3-2 on the road. I’m not sure anyone has a meaningful home field advantage.

1 hour ago, Gee-Q said:

I can't even imagine if the Saints get the 1 or the 2 seed in the NFC... that's a home field advantage there in New Orleans with those fans....

The Saints don’t even have a winning record at home in any of the last 3 years...

I sold my tickets early to recover some PSL cost although this was the only game I sold.  I got standing room tickets though for myself and some friends though. I actually liked watching from the concourse as much as my seats although my seats are nose bleeds. I like standing and then pacing around during breaks although I’ll probably still mostly stay in my seats. I can assure you though I was watching the game.

Penumbra likes this

3 hours ago, falconsfansrus said:

The only way the atmosphere feels to you like a preseason game is your seats are in your living room :)

Garrett is going to blame anything but his dumb azz refusal to chip or double Clayborne LOL. seriously it sounded loud on the radio at the right times.but no where near what it could be, oh well at least we got a new stadium out of it.