Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I don't care who they are against, how you get them, or what. Great job and many fans on this board hate playmakers and wins.

Agree, he’s played well. This performance was nuts. He deserves a modest contract, regardless if he can stay healthy.

i swear DQ must be calling plays again. Different defense

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Sheesh... tough crowd.

Guy goes out and has the best defensive performance by an NFL Lineman in a long time and the response is:

"meh."

We deserve the bad fan reputation.

I’m happy for him and he had a great game but I’m not going to get my hopes up for him having those types of performances on a consistent basis lol he may get two sacks the rest of the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Macintez said:

I’m happy for him and he had a great game but I’m not going to get my hopes up for him having those types of performances on a consistent basis lol he may get two sacks the rest of the year.

If anyone gets their hopes up for ANY player to have those types of performances on a consistent basis, they'd be constantly disappointed.

After Julio had 300yds receiving...did anyone expect it again? 

I agree with you though, I totally think 2-3 more sacks this year and that's probably it! Lol, I'm going to celebrate each one! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

Agree, he’s played well. This performance was nuts. He deserves a modest contract, regardless if he can stay healthy.

i swear DQ must be calling plays again. Different defense

I promise you the defense wasn’t any different. They’ve been playing well all year. Just couldn’t always tell because the offense wasn’t taking care of the ball or sustaining drives. We’re #7 overall defense. Been right at top 10 all season. #6 against the pass. #10 scoring defense. The only issue was werent creating turnovers. The last two games we’ve gotten back on track with 2 TO’s in both games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheFatboi said:

I promise you the defense wasn’t any different. They’ve been playing well all year. Just couldn’t always tell because the offense wasn’t taking care of the ball or sustaining drives. We’re #7 defense. Been right at top 10 all season. #6 against the pass. #10 scoring defense. The only issue was werent creating turnovers. The last two games we’ve gotten back on track with 2 TO’s in both games. 

That’s fair. I think the big difference is they were tested better between drives this game. I wasn’t a huge fan of moving up for Takk, but dang if he isn’t getting pressure

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

No he doesn’t, not off this performance . Had it been against Smith then I can agree with that. 

I agree.  Example of an average pass rusher getting a dream match-up.  Not taking away, I like him as a player and would bring him back.  This was a once in a career aberration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

That’s fair. I think the big difference is they were tested better between drives this game. I wasn’t a huge fan of moving up for Takk, but dang if he isn’t getting pressure

Not only that he was a problem in the run game last night as well. I like Takk coming in early on run downs. We took the approach of tackle the RB on the way to the qb. If anything is different about the D it’s that. They were putting pass rushers in on early downs last night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Not only that he was a problem in the run game last night as well. I like Takk coming in early on run downs. We took the approach of tackle the RB on the way to the qb. If anything is different about the D it’s that. They were putting pass rushers in on early downs last night. 

Agree. It’ll be interesting to watch Takk as he fills out physically. I love the constant rotation of pass rushers. Brooks Reed looks good as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

What’s even more encouraging about clay’s performance is note how Poe and Grady were pushing the pocket and on every sack you see Vic or Takk flushing Dakk. It is quite possible the DL is gelling at the right time. 

No doubt...the 6 sacks gets alot of pub....as it should that is a special moment.

However our entire front 7 kicked their azz.....Upshaw and Rubin also had good games......yeah Smith was out...but the supposed best guard in football (Martin)....got strait up whopped

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, falconsd56 said:

No doubt...the 6 sacks gets alot of pub....as it should that is a special moment.

However our entire front 7 kicked their azz.....Upshaw and Rubin also had good games......yeah Smith was out...but the supposed best guard in football (Martin)....got strait up whopped

@TheFatboi pointed out they’ve been on the verge of great all season, but kept making dumb penalties. They most certainly were pushing the middle against Martin and Fredrick. Two absolute studs. This is the time of year you want your defense telling. I think we make the playoffs

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MSalmon said:

@TheFatboi pointed out they’ve been on the verge of great all season, but kept making dumb penalties. They most certainly were pushing the middle against Martin and Fredrick. Two absolute studs. This is the time of year you want your defense telling. I think we make the playoffs

No doubt....if we can sustain the energy from yesterday we are going to be very very tough to beat

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...