Jump to content

Silver Lining


Falconsfan567
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's taken me a while to put the Carolina loss behind me but I finally have started looking forward to the Dallas game tomorrow. The silver lining to the Falcons season is that they're 4-4, not 1-7 or 2-6. Outside of the Eagles there are no dominant teams in the NFL this year. 23 of the 32 teams have 5 or fewer wins this year. The Falcons are 3-1 in the NFC, so having tiebreakers over teams like the Packers and Lions already is huge. A win over the Cowboys today would make them 4-1 in conference. Yes, they're 0-1 in the division, but having 5 games left in the division, with 3 of them being at home, well they control their own destiny. The Falcons certainly have the talent to play much better than they have so far. If they put it together like the talent says they're capable of, they control their own destiny to make the playoffs. We've seen several times over in the history of the NFL that the best regular season team rarely wins the Super Bowl. It's whoever puts it together at the right time that wins the Super Bowl. Just make the dance and anything can happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Put together how ? With this system and staff we may win 2-3 more games and I'm serious not trying to be an ***.

There's nothing wrong with the system. Many of the issues the Falcons have offensively have been issues that fall directly on the players. It's the same issues we had in 2015 with Shanahan. People wrongly blame the OC for issues that are completely out of their control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There's nothing wrong with the system. Many of the issues the Falcons have offensively have been issues that fall directly on the players. It's the same issues we had in 2015 with Shanahan. People wrongly blame the OC for issues that are completely out of their control.

Not the system ? All of a sudden Ryan can't throw, line can't block, Freeman and Coleman can't run  and Julio can't catch?  c'mon man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There's nothing wrong with the system. Many of the issues the Falcons have offensively have been issues that fall directly on the players. It's the same issues we had in 2015 with Shanahan. People wrongly blame the OC for issues that are completely out of their control.

So if it’s on the players and their lack of execution and disclipline doesn’t that fall on coaching?  

Basically the same stuff we were saying in 2015

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny thing is there wasn't much worry about adapting to Sarkisian's offense before the season. All you heard is its going be just a tweaking here and there.Now 8 games in its well it takes some time. Why would they bring in someone who's scheme takes 2 years again to learn,When they could have hired LaFleur Shanny's QB coach atleast he might have understood the nuances of the 7th best offense in NFL history, better than a primarily college football coach.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's taken me a while to put the Carolina loss behind me but I finally have started looking forward to the Dallas game tomorrow. The silver lining to the Falcons season is that they're 4-4, not 1-7 or 2-6. Outside of the Eagles there are no dominant teams in the NFL this year. 23 of the 32 teams have 5 or fewer wins this year. The Falcons are 3-1 in the NFC, so having tiebreakers over teams like the Packers and Lions already is huge. A win over the Cowboys today would make them 4-1 in conference. Yes, they're 0-1 in the division, but having 5 games left in the division, with 3 of them being at home, well they control their own destiny. The Falcons certainly have the talent to play much better than they have so far. If they put it together like the talent says they're capable of, they control their own destiny to make the playoffs. We've seen several times over in the history of the NFL that the best regular season team rarely wins the Super Bowl. It's whoever puts it together at the right time that wins the Super Bowl. Just make the dance and anything can happen.

hmm...wasnt that suppose to start last week??

that said, we are beating ourselves  every game....and keep repeating same mistakes.

Talent was non issue  with  our team.

what lacks = leadership during game time & discipline. 

we are lacking  the "XFACTOR" & "GRIT"  

theres always few moments late in game when a team or the leader HAS to realize to seize the moment and finish the opponent. we had that last year till superbowl 51 struck. 

I strongly  hope it starts this Sunday or else, we are in abysmal  hole of no return you can count on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That Julio drop showed me it just isn't our year.

Not going to continue to mentally invest into this season, but I am excited about the draft. Grab some playmakers on offense at WR/TE as the offense has struggled whenever Julio or Mo goes down and stock up on the lines.

This year will be a minor setback only for the greatness of next year when we become the only team to win a Super Bowl in our own stadium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possible? Yes. 

But a light bulb needs to go on. I think the SB hangover is evident this year when the team is facing adversity in the second half of games. Last year we had a killer instinct. This year, except for the fourth quarter of the Carolina game, we just looked and acted defeated. If that can change we can beat anyone. We have the talent. The issue is between the ears of Ryan and the other leaders on this team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, stizz said:

That Julio drop showed me it just isn't our year.

Not going to continue to mentally invest into this season, but I am excited about the draft. Grab some playmakers on offense at WR/TE as the offense has struggled whenever Julio or Mo goes down and stock up on the lines.

This year will be a minor setback only for the greatness of next year when we become the only team to win a Super Bowl in our own stadium.

Julio epic catch in Superbowl 51 on sidelines under  3 mins  told me We made history!! 

so what if he dropped 1 catch....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

hmm...wasnt that suppose to start last week??

that said, we are beating ourselves  every game....and keep repeating same mistakes.

Talent was non issue  with  our team.

what lacks = leadership during game time & discipline. 

we are lacking  the "XFACTOR" & "GRIT"  

theres always few moments late in game when a team or the leader HAS to realize to seize the moment and finish the opponent. we had that last year till superbowl 51 struck. 

I strongly  hope it starts this Sunday or else, we are in abysmal  hole of no return you can count on it.

 

Here you go !..;-)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having tiebreakers over Detroit and Green Bay + $1.00 will get you any size drink at McDonald's. 

The Falcons are 8th or 9th right now in the NFC, with Dallas, Seattle, Minnesota, Saints x 2, Panthers again to go.  Five division games still to play.

8-8 at best, and more like 6-10 the way they are playing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How Long have we been waiting on the Falcons to develop a winning formula? Since ’66? Last year it (apparently) looked like they finally may have succeeded. So, what did they do with the new-found good answer to all these years of growing pains? With a promise to do nothing but tweak, they simply changed everything that made it work. Kinda like finally finding the cure for cancer, dumping the formula down the toilet and starting over. Should have paid whatever it took to keep the coaching family in place for a few years to cement the process and culture, maybe build a dynasty, and to glory in it. Instead players are adjusting, adjusting, adjusting to all the “just tweaks”, starting over, again. Praying for a better second half of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, sluggo said:

How Long have we been waiting on the Falcons to develop a winning formula? Since ’66? Last year it (apparently) looked like they finally may have succeeded. So, what did they do with the new-found good answer to all these years of growing pains? With a promise to do nothing but tweak, they simply changed everything that made it work. Kinda like finally finding the cure for cancer, dumping the formula down the toilet and starting over. Should have paid whatever it took to keep the coaching family in place for a few years to cement the process and culture, maybe build a dynasty, and to glory in it. Instead players are adjusting, adjusting, adjusting to all the “just tweaks”, starting over, again. Praying for a better second half of the season.

There's NO way Shannihan wasn't going to be a HC this year in SF. Why his assistants weren't at least retained is one of the cosmic mysteries of our time, but only the FO knows the answer to that one. Last year this year only works if Shanny stays and thst wasn't going to happen no matter what.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bare with me, take a Ferrari for example. Take out it's engine or just isolate it in your mind... Now, is that engine going to fire if you unplug a few vacuum hoses? Maybe, probably it will run.

Okay, now take that same engine, but instead, shrink down one or two of the pistons a few micro meters. Drill a few holes in the manifold. Drain a few litres from the radiator and oil pan. That thing is not going to run right, and will be downright disastrous. I'm not saying this team is a Ferrari, but there are aspects of this offense that are still being... engineered so to speak. Until Sark has the plans to the car down pat, it's going to be ugly. Just give it a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see what you’re saying but I’m afraid the Falcons have dug themselves into a hole that will be impossible to get out of. If the Falcons plan on making the playoffs we need to start winning and our division needs to start losing because as now the tie breaker over Green Bay and the Lions don’t mean much as GB will not make the playoffs and I don’t think the Lions will either. 

If we beat the Cowboys we will move to #7 but even then you better hope for some losses up top. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

I see what you’re saying but I’m afraid the Falcons have dug themselves into a hole that will be impossible to get out of. If the Falcons plan on making the playoffs we need to start winning and our division needs to start losing because as now the tie breaker over Green Bay and the Lions don’t mean much as GB will not make the playoffs and I don’t think the Lions will either. 

If we beat the Cowboys we will move to #7 but even then you better hope for some losses up top. 

Using the word “impossible” is a little harsh. Only one division game has been played. The Panthers have lost games they should’ve won, just like us. The saints could lose tomorrow, on the road against a tough Buffalo team. The Falcons definitely have the tougher road, but it can definitely be achieved 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Xfactor said:

Not the system ? All of a sudden Ryan can't throw, line can't block, Freeman and Coleman can't run  and Julio can't catch?  c'mon man

No, it's not the system. How can you blame the coaches when the plays there there to be made and the players aren't making them? It's not Sark's fault that Matt Ryan has overthrown everything this year. It's not Sark's fault that the receivers have butterfingers at the absolute worst times in the game. It's not Sark's fault that the team commits penalties left and right. I said the same thing in 2015 when everyone was calling for Kyle's head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...