Jump to content

Seahawks - Sherman


Dr. Falcon
 Share

Recommended Posts

So with the news that Sherman has a torn Achilles (his words not mine; also thoughts and prayers for him), and Ezekiel Elliot (pray for his woman beating soul) out this game, either the Falcons are starting to catch a few breaks, or God has a sense of humor and the Falcons do what they do and lose embarrassingly to the elliotless Cowboys and the Shermanless Seahawks.

 

Lets hope it is the former.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, papachaz said:

ouch! I didn't watch any of this game. looked it up on the NFL site, good grief, I wouldn't have been able to watch much of that anyway, MY EYES OHHHH MY EYES....

 

god awful uniforms right there. just another reason to hate TNF and goodell IMO

sherman is going to be pissed. He already loathed TNF. This is gas to a fire...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I feel like a lot of us are over TNF. It is stupid to make these guys play on 4 days rest when they preach "safety" etc etc 

totally agree. and wasn't there a player last week that came right out and said as much in a post game presser? one of the Jets players if memory serves me right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, papachaz said:

totally agree. and wasn't there a player last week that came right out and said as much in a post game presser? one of the Jets players if memory serves me right.

I saw something on tv ab Incognito ripping TNF but I had the sound off so Idk what was said. The NFL as an organization is full of $hit with a capital $

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Not to mention so many of the games on TNF are straight up terrible. They try to boost ratings w those disgusting color rush jerseys too. I'm ok w it going away

well the color rush uniforms are just to try to get more jersey sales. There's actually an article on the NFL site bragging about how people like them. I haven't talked to or read many people that like the high schoolish look of them at all. pure propaganda.

 

yeah I'd be ok with the only thursday football being Thanksgiving day and preseason. And while we're at it, they can do away with mexico city and london games too

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, papachaz said:

well the color rush uniforms are just to try to get more jersey sales. There's actually an article on the NFL site bragging about how people like them. I haven't talked to or read many people that like the high schoolish look of them at all. pure propaganda.

 

yeah I'd be ok with the only thursday football being Thanksgiving day and preseason. And while we're at it, they can do away with mexico city and london games too

 

Yeah the games out of the states are stupid. Taking away jobs here to "strengthin the brand" is a blatant money grab and tangible evidence that the nfl doesn't care ab the city the team represents. I'd love to see a chart that shows the economic effect playing in London has on the football teams hometown. And don't even get me started on the STL and Oakland situation.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly I like TNF and MNF. I don't get enough football throughout the NFL season as it is and they give me Football 3/7 days of the week. I would be okay with TNF being moved to Friday night or Saturday Night though. Annoying having to watch 8 channels (NFL Mix on Sunday ticket lets you have up to 8 mini channels on one screen) at once on Sunday's to keep a grasp on what's happening throughout the games.

Far as the Sherman situation goes, the Hawks are beat up bad. Sherman's out, Chancellor was banged up pretty bad, Wagner got hurt, Bennett's  injured, Earl Thomas was still out (might be back in 2 weeks though), and their newly acquired tackle traded from Houston got banged up a bit too. This bodes well for our chances in that game. Far as Zeke being out goes...well Alfred Morris is their starter. They can get yards with him, but he doesn't score TDs (believe me I've had him in past Fantasy teams, so I know). Beasley might have a good game against us, and there's still the chance that Dez Bryant plays, but he's a long shot too. This should be a Falcons favored win with Zeke out. That said we can start with a 20 point lead in any game and still have a shot at throwing the game away at the end of the 4th quarter.

Edited by FenixFalcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, FenixFalcon said:

Honestly I like TNF and MNF. I don't get enough football throughout the NFL season as it is and they give me Football 3/7 days of the week. I would be okay with TNF being moved to Friday night or Saturday Night though. Annoying having to watch 8 channels (NFL Mix on Sunday ticket lets you have up to 8 mini channels on one screen) at once on Sunday's to keep a grasp on what's happening throughout the games.

Far as the Sherman situation goes, the Hawks are beat up bad. Sherman's out, Chancellor was banged up pretty bad, Wagner got hurt, Bennett's  injured, Earl Thomas was still out (might be back in 2 weeks though), and their newly acquired tackle traded from Houston got banged up a bit too. This bodes well for our chances in that game. Far as Zeke being out goes...well Alfred Morris is their starter. They can get yards with him, but he doesn't score TDs (believe me I've had him in past Fantasy teams, so I know). Beasley might have a good game against us, and there's still the chance that Dez Bryant plays, but he's a long shot too. This should be a Falcons favored win with Zeke out. That said we can start with a 20 point lead in any game and still have a shot at throwing the game away at the end of the 4th quarter.

well everyone is entitled to their opinions. I've always liked MNF, but playing on thursday after a sunday game, all while preaching player safety, is just the epitome of 'hypocritical' IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outside of a terrible non-call PI that saved them the game, when has Sherman actually done anything of consequence against the Falcons anyway?

More than anything, I remember him throwing a complete tantrum on the sideline because we were working them over so severely.

Heck, even what now feels like forever ago, Roddy had that dude’s number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I feel like a lot of us are over TNF. It is stupid to make these guys play on 4 days rest when they preach "safety" etc etc 

I agree.  I also believe that TNF is over-saturatioin of the product.  Football is special for a number of reasons.  One of which is that each game is like an "event".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I'm sure it's not popular but I've always liked Sherman and wished we had a dude like that on our defense. We're Falcons fans btw we know DAMM well we can lose to the Elliot-less cowboys and Sherman-less Seahawks 

Same here. Sherman is a playmaker, and there are no two ways about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Rodgers out...now Sherman...rest of NFC playing like dog ****

Smh. Philly is the ONLY good team this year. We should be cruising back into the super bowl. 

Exactly man and that's the sad part. This organization lied to us this whole off season. It had Dimitroff written all over it. 1 big FA splash, questionable personnel decisions, and a mediore draft. Quinn go back to making the decisions and leave the bromance with TD alone. Let him handle the cap and you do the draft/FA.

Edited by lju713
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I feel like a lot of us are over TNF. It is stupid to make these guys play on 4 days rest when they preach "safety" etc etc 

i agree....thursday night football is not necesaary  unless, they  had 12 games in season and no preseason  games.

they need to  stop preseason  games...these are professional  athletes , college football  does not have preseason and they do just fine.

Edited by mattyicefalcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...