Would The Cowboys have beaten us in the NFC Championship Game last year if they would've made it?

32 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Not with the way Atlanta was playing offense.  They didn't have anything that could keep up with what the Falcons were doing offensively.

They scared me more than anyone else in the NFC because they had the type of team that could keep our red hot offense on the sidelines

Edited by JD dirtybird21

No, I don't think there was anybody in the NFC that could have beaten us last year.  Unfortunately, there was a team in the AFC who could, though ---
Man, it was our year --- the stars were perfectly aligned --- the Football Gods were smiling down on us --- and we were clicking on all cylinders. 
Then, it all came crashing down like a house of cards, because we wouldn't run the freaking ball, and kick the field goal. 

But, I'm good ---- I'm over it....took a while, but I'm over it. 

No I'm not --- who am I kidding ----I'll never get over it... 

I just have this dread, that we will never get back there again, in my lifetime --- 

6 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

No, I don't think there was anybody in the NFC that could have beaten us last year.  Unfortunately, there was a team in the AFC who could, though ---
Man, it was our year --- the stars were perfectly aligned --- the Football Gods were smiling down on us --- and we were clicking on all cylinders. 
Then, it all came crashing down like a house of cards, because we wouldn't run the freaking ball, and kick the field goal. 

I just have this dread, that we will never get back there again, in my lifetime --- 

The problem is the football gods shine on the Patriots just about every year.

2 hours ago, FalconJim said:

I don't know about you but I've been here TWICE with this team in my lifetime and the 1st time I really wasn't expecting a win because I felt that team just didn't have enough to keep up with the Broncos but last year's team? UNSTOPPABLE. I told EVERYONE that we were gonna blow that team out in the SB and they just laughed in my face. I woulda had everyone eating crow Feb. 6.

Last year we were like the Apostle Peter when he walked on the water. He was fine until he took his eyes off of the prize (Jesus in his case) and started to focus on the situation around him (the Patriots in our case). We were fine until we lost focus in the second half. The Cowboys would have gotten beat as badly as Green Bay and Seattle did. 

3 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Last year we were like the Apostle Peter when he walked on the water. He was fine until he took his eyes off of the prize (Jesus in his case) and started to focus on the situation around him (the Patriots in our case). We were fine until we lost focus in the second half. The Cowboys would have gotten beat as badly as Green Bay and Seattle did. 

Great analogy.  Now the team is playing like Peter when he got crucified upside down.

1 hour ago, jonnyblooz said:

No, and wouldn't have lost to the Steelers in the SB, and shouldn't have lost to N.E. obviously.

I have no doubt they would have hammered the Ravens four years ago if not for epic collapse #1.

I disagree about Ravens. Matt Ryan hurt his shoulder in NFCCG in 2012. I think Ravens were a team of destiny that year. We will be too soon. Probably 2019.

45 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I disagree about Ravens. Matt Ryan hurt his shoulder in NFCCG in 2012. I think Ravens were a team of destiny that year. We will be too soon. Probably 2019.

Matt Ryan fumbled yet again at pivotal moement of the game before he hurt his shoulder...Mike Smith forgot to run the ball with Turner. 

Blew another 17 pt lead. 

Ravens defense would have annihilated us!

On 11/7/2017 at 2:51 AM, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

I don't know about you but I've been here TWICE with this team in my lifetime and the 1st time I really wasn't expecting a win because I felt that team just didn't have enough to keep up with the Broncos but last year's team? UNSTOPPABLE. I told EVERYONE that we were gonna blow that team out in the SB and they just laughed in my face. I woulda had everyone eating crow Feb. 6.

I truly believed we were going to beat the Broncos until some players and coaches were all kept up the night before with no sleep because of Eugene Freaking Robinson....

On 11/6/2017 at 11:25 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

As we prepare to take on The Cowboys on Sunday one question has popped in my mind. What if the Falcons had to play at Dallas in the NFCCG last year? I feel like we would have won most likely but The Cowboys would have had a good chance to beat us or give us trouble. I was glad GB beat them. 

We’ll never know. 

They were, and are, a horrible matchup for our defense. We struggle with ball control offenses and that is what they do... perhaps better than anyone. We certainly could have pulled it out but it would have been a much, much tougher game than the Green Bay game. Not to mention we would have been playing on the road. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

They were, and are, a horrible matchup for our defense. We struggle with ball control offenses and that is what they do... perhaps better than anyone. We certainly could have pulled it out but it would have been a much, much tougher game than the Green Bay game. Not to mention we would have been playing on the road. 

That's one team that's invested in their O line over the years.  Imagine what this team could have been which that mentality.  Probably a Superbowl win in 2004 at least.