Jump to content

Face it and deal with it!


roguebeaver
 Share

Recommended Posts

Falcons heart, soul, and manhood was left on the field in Texas at the hands of NE in Feb 2017. They attempted redemption in NE a couple of weeks ago and failed! This would be a different team now had they won in NE, but they were not ready to reclaim their manhood. The mission isn’t totally lost yet but is heading that way, unless they admit failure and stop trying to go back in time and make something right, is too late at this point... history is written and can’t be erased. 

Best thing they can do at this point is bury this siht now, and stop looking back, it can NOT be changed. 

So, they still have time, but stop Licking the wounds, reflecting back, wondering what went wrong and take their balls out of their throats and put them back between their thighs, where they belong! Unless they do this, they will continue to play as the nutless wonders they are looking like at the present moment. We are not paying to watch a bunch of eunichs running around pretending to be warriors of the gridiron, they are not at this point in time! 

If they don’t get right get soon,  then perhaps they should reclassify themselves to the lingerie league and dress the part they are playing at present! Imagine seeing sweitzer, and his blazing eyes in a thong,, and sport bra! Sounds good till they crap their drawers after on good push! Right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Falcons heart, soul, and manhood was left on the field in Texas at the hands of NE in Feb 2017. They attempted redemption in NE a couple of weeks ago and failed! This would be a different team now had they won in NE, but they were not ready to reclaim their manhood. The mission isn’t totally lost yet but is heading that way, unless they admit failure and stop trying to go back in time and make something right, is too late at this point... history is written and can’t be erased. 

Best thing they can do at this point is bury this siht now, and stop looking back, it can NOT be changed. 

So, they still have time, but stop Licking the wounds, reflecting back, wondering what went wrong and take their balls out of their throats and put them back between their thighs, where they belong! Unless they do this, they will continue to play as the nutless wonders they are looking like at the present moment. We are not paying to watch a bunch of eunichs running around pretending to be warriors of the gridiron, they are not at this point in time! 

If they don’t get right get soon,  then perhaps they should reclassify themselves to the lingerie league and dress the part they are playing at present! Imagine seeing sweitzer, and his blazing eyes in a thong,, and sport bra! Sounds good till they crap their drawers after on good push! Right?

I mean......no, not really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mega Flare said:

Some of these guys have been playing football in high heels since February.

Think about it though.   It broke them - how could it not?     How could you have that World Champion trophy in your grasp - FIRMLY and then have it snatched away in the blink of an eye.   The disbelief, pain and agony of that has to still be with them.   It's still with us as fans.

They can rah rah and claim that they are embracing the suck - but they are still human beings and in the end - it's there and it's still brutally painful.   Every interview, every sports show, every news article, every pregame and post game conference - it's thrown in their face again and they are asked how does it feel - and how can they overcome it?     Imagine that - just imagine that.    You did everything that was asked of you - you poured your soul onto the field - and it was there - right there ....

Then gone.

 

How can we not understand what's happening here?    It's the reason I said before the beginning of the season that I didn't expect much this year.   I think next year is our year - I really do.   If they can hold on together and not fall completely apart by the end of this year and make the right moves in the offseason to shore up those lines - we can do this and be the first team to play a Super Bowl at home (not seeing the Vikings get past Philly and Dallas but I could be wrong.)

They are football players.   They get paid a lot of money.   They are also real men who had their souls crushed and have to relive it every week over and over and over and over and over again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Think about it though.   It broke them - how could it not?     How could you have that World Champion trophy in your grasp - FIRMLY and then have it snatched away in the blink of an eye.   The disbelief, pain and agony of that has to still be with them.   It's still with us as fans.

They can rah rah and claim that they are embracing the suck - but they are still human beings and in the end - it's there and it's still brutally painful.   Every interview, every sports show, every news article, every pregame and post game conference - it's thrown in their face again and they are asked how does it feel - and how can they overcome it?     Imagine that - just imagine that.    You did everything that was asked of you - you poured your soul onto the field - and it was there - right there ....

Then gone.

 

How can we not understand what's happening here?    It's the reason I said before the beginning of the season that I didn't expect much this year.   I think next year is our year - I really do.   If they can hold on together and not fall completely apart by the end of this year and make the right moves in the offseason to shore up those lines - we can do this and be the first team to play a Super Bowl at home (not seeing the Vikings get past Philly and Dallas but I could be wrong.)

They are football players.   They get paid a lot of money.   They are also real men who had their souls crushed and have to relive it every week over and over and over and over and over again.

Exactly.

I said this to my mom after both the Pats and Panthers games this year:

Super Bowl 51 CRUSHED me as a fan. Months and months later, I still can't think about it for more than a second or two without feeling my stomach drop from anger and disappointment.

And I'm just a fan. I didn't spend my whole life working for that moment, sweating for that moment, dreaming of that moment.

They all said exactly the "right things" over the summer about using the loss to fuel the next season. Heck, Ryan even did a commercial about it.

But c'mon. You'd have to be superhuman to be "over" having your lifelong dream wrenched away from you when it was as certain as certain comes in sports.

I don't know what the answer is to truly using that loss to galvanize you (instead of just saying it in words).

But I know it's the problem (or at least a big part of the problem) right now.

It's like every time we slip up for even a moment in a game, they think, "Well, here we go again" and then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

No one can convince me that if we had dropped a Super Bowl banner to open the new stadium, we'd be sitting at 4-4 right now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Exactly.

I said this to my mom after both the Pats and Panthers games this year:

Super Bowl 51 CRUSHED me as a fan. Months and months later, I still can't think about it for more than a second or two without feeling my stomach drop from anger and disappointment.

And I'm just a fan. I didn't spend my whole life working for that moment, sweating for that moment, dreaming of that moment.

They all said exactly the "right things" over the summer about using the loss to fuel the next season. Heck, Ryan even did a commercial about it.

But c'mon. You'd have to be superhuman to be "over" having your lifelong dream wrenched away from you when it was as certain as certain comes in sports.

I don't know what the answer is to truly using that loss to galvanize you (instead of just saying it in words).

But I know it's the problem (or at least a big part of the problem) right now.

It's like every time we slip up for even a moment in a game, they think, "Well, here we go again" and then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

No one can convince me that if we had dropped a Super Bowl banner to open the new stadium, we'd be sitting at 4-4 right now.

 

Boston has always been the biggest nemesis of Atlanta sports, this even goes back to the days of Dominique with the Hawks too and before that. Thankfully during the Braves run in the 90's we didn't have to worry about the Red Sox being good, but you might as well replace them with the Yankees...

Edited by mqg96
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

Man, you make me feel like a natural woman....

see, I knew I could post that and get away with it, because we do indeed have some lady posters here who are quite actively involved with so many of our discussions. One posted right below your response to me.

 

I also knew I could get away with it because some of the people I poke fun at, you this time, actually have a sense of humor and run with it like you did there, and I don't mean run to the mods like the lil beyotch they are, right @SkerFalcon8710  ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

No one can convince me that if we had dropped a Super Bowl banner to open the new stadium, we'd be sitting at 4-4 right now.

 

If we had dropped that Super Bowl banner I wouldn't give a rat's a## if we were 0-8 right now. 

I really wouldn't.  I just want one before I die. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Falcons are still affected by the disappointment from blowing it in the Super Bowl, and it's a funk that has washed over the entire organization and fanbase. 

We blame the new OC, but the reality is that this team would have a better record if they just handled the small things better, like throwing and catching the ball, and not getting stupid penalties. The mindset of the Falcons is not right, and will probably not get right this year. They probably do not practice/prepare well, they certainly do not play well, and they will not get it together in enough time to make any significant impact this year. This is not a strong-willed team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tandy said:

Think about it though.   It broke them - how could it not?     How could you have that World Champion trophy in your grasp - FIRMLY and then have it snatched away in the blink of an eye.   The disbelief, pain and agony of that has to still be with them.   It's still with us as fans.

They can rah rah and claim that they are embracing the suck - but they are still human beings and in the end - it's there and it's still brutally painful.   Every interview, every sports show, every news article, every pregame and post game conference - it's thrown in their face again and they are asked how does it feel - and how can they overcome it?     Imagine that - just imagine that.    You did everything that was asked of you - you poured your soul onto the field - and it was there - right there ....

Then gone.

How can we not understand what's happening here?    It's the reason I said before the beginning of the season that I didn't expect much this year.   I think next year is our year - I really do.   If they can hold on together and not fall completely apart by the end of this year and make the right moves in the offseason to shore up those lines - we can do this and be the first team to play a Super Bowl at home (not seeing the Vikings get past Philly and Dallas but I could be wrong.)

They are football players.   They get paid a lot of money.   They are also real men who had their souls crushed and have to relive it every week over and over and over and over and over again.

Instead of being broken, they should be mad, mainly at their coach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

The Falcons are still affected by the disappointment from blowing it in the Super Bowl, and it's a funk that has washed over the entire organization and fanbase. 

We blame the new OC, but the reality is that this team would have a better record if they just handled the small things better, like throwing and catching the ball, and not getting stupid penalties. The mindset of the Falcons is not right, and will probably not get right this year. They probably do not practice/prepare well, they certainly do not play well, and they will not get it together in enough time to make any significant impact this year. This is not a strong-willed team. 

A better record wouldn't necessarily mean we are a good team though. We have gone through the cream puff part of our schedule and we continue to play like this we will be lucky to win 7 games. This team is no where near contending and it's not because of dropping close games. It's because we are not very good right now, on any facet, period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...