Who thinks we're still a playoffs team this yr?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we go 5-3 the rest of the season that's 9-7 and even that doesn't guarantee us a spot because of the Panthers, Rams, Seahawks, and Cowboys. Season is over. We will look back at easy games against the Dolphins, Bills, and a very winnable game in Carolina. Can't blow your opportunities when you have them. 

Nah. Maybe if our luck suddenly changes in a dramatic fashion, but I don't think so. I keep saying it, but we have a DC with no experience in that position and an OC that lost our awesome assistant coaches and also has no NFL experience at his position. I think we're gonna have to chalk this season up as a learning experience and hire some new assistants and maybe we can make another playoff run next season. 

We also have a ton of young players that need experience. Hopefully everybody will grow from this season. 

I'm expecting to watch a disappointing season.

The talent is there and the conference is wide open below PHI and DAL.

That said, I think Quinn needs to consider adding a measure of discipline to his relationship building approach. I would modify his motto slightly: "You do your job so your brother can do his, if you commit a mentally weak penalty, my job is to put a boot in your a@@." 

The talent is clearly there. However, you can't continue to commit penalties the put you behind the chains or breathe new life into a struggling opponent. My prediction is that the problem is ingrained in Quinn's approach and the only thing that can save this team this year is a big ole ball of momentum. Perhaps this team will turn out to be a more talented version of the 2011 Giants who were meandering along without a pulse halfway through the season. I'm not feeling it. 

Hope springs eternal in the human beast. I hope I don't break my TV!

The talent is there but I think 28-3 affected them more than they're and some of the fans are willing to admit.  As far as magically turning it on and making the playoffs, I don't see it. Nothing about their play I've seen so far would suggest that this team can do it. The only place we're talented at is on paper and that paper hasn't translated to the field. 

Defense too small and gets ran over, wideouts can't catch, I don't know what to think about Matt Ryan anymore, oline sucks, Hooper sucks, coaches suck. It's all a mess.  Let's put this season in rice and try again next year. 

It's all still in front of us with so many division games left. If we can get a handle on the butterfingers movement that is plaguing our receiving corps, improve our play calling, and get the timing down on the deep routes (notice the focus on offense), we will be fine. I fully expect the defense to continue improving through the season with so much young talent.

No playoffs this year.  I came to the realization that they weren't going to make the playoffs after the Miami loss.  Now they are just too far behind too many teams, plus are playing some of the worst football.

I'm not sure what to expect for next year either.  They typically like to ride out bad streaks without doing anything drastic, so I expect to see Sark back next year with very few changes.  Just saying they need a little more time to gel.

Just now, dmo_dlo said:

Which part of that was Sark's fault?

Mental breakdowns aside, Sarkisians offense lacks any imagination or ability to expose mismatches. On top of it, the play calling is atrocious. the 1st and 5 series from mid field when a scoring drive pretty much would have delivered the probably knock out blow and Sark brings in the goal line offense was inexcusable. The play action was carving them up and you go completely conservative. Just the dumbest thing I've seen since the jet sweep from the half yard line in NE.

No and for numerous reasons. 

Bad decision to hand the Ferrari over to a college coach that doesn't know our system or players, instead of promoting one that knows our system inside and out. 

Bad coaching from all the coaches, starting with Quinn. 

SB hangover. I was in denial, but it's real. Guys are pressing and trying to win SB 51 on every play. Ryan I think is hit the worst. 

D can't create turnovers or get to the QB. Stat wise we look better, but they are not passing the eye test. Now a lot has to do with the offense not being able to score and stay in the field to give the D a breather. 

O has no identify. We are not running the same system from last year. We were lied to on that. Sark is trying to run his college nonsense and it's not working. 

Players just aren't executing when the coaches finally do, do their jobs. Players and coaches just can't get on the same page. 

Some players have drastically regressed, particularly the OL and WR's. TE is a major weakness. Tru is playing horrible. Poe just seems to be a name. RG needs to be replaced like now. Do we have a FB? 

ST's needs a total rebuild this off-season, starting with replacing Armstrong and Roberts. Gabriel should replaced Roberts now. It's not like he's doing much on O. 

The entire team has no confidence at all. Each failed play and each loss just adds to the lack of confidence. 

Quinn simply has no answers to get this teams confidence back up and get them rolling. He's at a loss. Rah rah only gets you so far. Eventually a HC has to come up with some X and O's. 

59 minutes ago, falconut1991 said:

No playoffs this year.  I came to the realization that they weren't going to make the playoffs after the Miami loss.  Now they are just too far behind too many teams, plus are playing some of the worst football.

I'm not sure what to expect for next year either.  They typically like to ride out bad streaks without doing anything drastic, so I expect to see Sark back next year with very few changes.  Just saying they need a little more time to gel.

You and me both.  I get a gut feeling about this team around 4-5 games in every year and it hasn't really been off yet.   Losing to that Miami team after a bye week at home told me all I needed to know.  This team just doesn't have whatever it is they need to fix the mistakes.

I really think most folks see it but as much as we're labeled a doom and gloom board hope springs eternal around these parts.