Seriously why wouldn’t we try the save season and get Gary Kubiack?

JT

I’m not overreacting or saying we should get rid of Sark....I’m confidently just suggesting that our falcons should demote Sark for the time being and go hire Kubiack on a 2 year deal. Kubiack may or may not be able to save our season but it’s worth a shot and would give sark an opportunity to learn from one of the best WCO coaches out there.

And unlike others I don’t care what anyone says this offense is still one of the most stacked overall in the nfl in terms of talent but severely underachieving.

Sark just isn’t use to the nfl yet, doesn’t mean he’s not ever going to get it but he’s rightfully going through a tough time in a new league he’s not use to. Blame Quinn if you want to place blame on someone but this is a perfect example of why coaches are extremely important even with a lot of talent.

Im no football guru or expert but  it looks to me that the offense biggest issue is that they just  can’t seem to “flow” as you all can tell. It’s not Sark every play or the players every play it’s a mixture. Sark can’t figure out how to keep the defense off balance like shanahan could. And then when he calls an excellent play the players can’t excute that play properly. Which leads to me that Sark, Matt Ryan and this offense just isn’t in sync with each other and after 8 weeks they don’t know how to fix it.

so let’s stop wasting time! Demote sark, hire Kubiack, hope like **** Kubiack can work some mid season magic and turn our season around.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, PK Manley said:

After the season if things don't improve, I'd certainly be open to it, but hiring someone from the outside mid-season has no realistic chance of happening.

There's a reason that when HCs or OCs get fired mid-season, they promote someone in-house to the interim position.

Trading, dropping, or signing new players happens all the time.  Look at Kelvin Benjamin and Sammy Watkins, of late. No reason it couldn't or shouldn't happen with coaches.  Would gladly lose Sark for an experienced play caller

Just now, chronob said:

Trading, dropping, or signing new players happens all the time.  Look at Kelvin Benjamin and Sammy Watkins, of late. No reason it couldn't or shouldn't happen with coaches.  Would gladly lose Sark for an experienced play caller

And yet it never, ever happens with coaches like it does with players.  Apparently there is a (very obvious) reason.

Just now, PK Manley said:

And yet it never, ever happens with coaches like it does with players.  Apparently there is a (very obvious) reason.

Yeah, misguided loyalty. Doesn't mean it shouldn't happen, particularly in this case. This is a business.. Here's the playbook; study it and do your job. Oh, and do it better than the last guy. 

36 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Because were it not for two missed layups -- an overthrow and a dropped TD -- the Falcons would have had 31 points on the board today.

Wouldn't these constant missed opportunities and failures to execute point to a problem with how the players are coached or how they practice? Sark didn't call a bad game, but there is something fundamentally wrong with the preparation and execution of this offense. 

8 minutes ago, chronob said:

Yeah, misguided loyalty. Doesn't mean it shouldn't happen, particularly in this case. This is a business.. Here's the playbook; study it and do your job. Oh, and do it better than the last guy. 

Uh no, it's that during the season it takes almost all of your waking hours to prepare for the next opponent.  There is no time for a brand new coach to:

A. Learn an entire playbook and all of it's nuances, as well as becoming familiar with all of the new players to effectively call plays.

Or

B. Install a new playbook and have the entire offense and coaching staff learn it.

If it were as easy as you're implying, some team would try it.

2 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Wouldn't these constant missed opportunities and failures to execute point to a problem with how the players are coached or how they practice? Sark didn't call a bad game, but there is something fundamentally wrong with the preparation and execution of this offense. 

Our Oline can't win in the trenches yet we send our speed back straight up the gut in the teeth again and again and again yeah Sark is calling a **** of a game if he going to do this at least send Freeman but how stupid do you have to be to go away from the ZBS with these two backs.

16 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

That’s what I can’t understand. I agree with everything you asked and stated about sark not calling a bad game overall. Sure some of those running plays were in question that he called  but he did come up with some nice plays we just missed on.

something is very wrong with the preparation, flow, & execution of this offense indeed but it’s getting old.

i don’t want sark gone but he has the keys to a Ferrari and need to be demoted to a Ford. If you can’t figure it out in 8 weeks than whatever it is likely won’t get fixed this season.

31 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Uh no, it's that during the season it takes almost all of your waking hours to prepare for the next opponent.  There is no time for a brand new coach to:

A. Learn an entire playbook and all of it's nuances, as well as becoming familiar with all of the new players to effectively call plays.

Or

B. Install a new playbook and have the entire offense and coaching staff learn it.

Oh, I don't think it would be easy, or free of hiccups.  I liken it to picking up and starting a new QB in the middle of the season.  Sometimes it provides a spark and turns things around.  Other times it goes poorly.  But at 4-4 (and a shaky one, at that) I think something needs to happen.  After losing this game we're now in crunch time.  Teams have fired coordinators mid-season.  Most of the time it is definitely not worth the risk.  But if there is a rare opportunity to do so and pick up someone like Kubiak that is familiar with the system and is an experienced (and successful) play caller...worth the risk, in my opinion. 

Edited by chronob

12 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Our Oline can't win in the trenches yet we send our speed back straight up the gut in the teeth again and again and again yeah Sark is calling a **** of a game if he going to do this at least send Freeman but how stupid do you have to be to go away from the ZBS with these two backs.

Well as far as passing plays I saw at times the o line held up well but Matt had no where to throw the ball on those plays. Everyone was covered like the defense just knew exactly what we were doing when Matt did have some time to throw....that seems to happen a lot when the line actually does give Matt time seems like

Ok, so put the Falcons in this Bobby Petrino like situation where a college coach tries to coach in the pros and put them through misery, OR, bring in an NFL vet coach with success.....

HMMMM what a hard ******* decision.  I would love for Matt Ryan to look like this every time a play is called 

Image result for steve sarkisian fire

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Because were it not for two missed layups -- an overthrow and a dropped TD -- the Falcons would have had 31 points on the board today.

Good points however I still believe something is wrong with the flow of this offense just in general . These plays just don’t mesh well together throughout the drive.

But I definitely agree ....can’t mess up on the plays sark nails and he nailed those two no doubt about it. Should have been tds each time.

1 hour ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Unless Kubiak can block, catch or kick, I'm not sure he' the solution to our execution problems.

This is exactly why we have poor execution.

COACHING,  our team is a dysfunctional mess. Dilly Queen Dan and Sukisian are in way over their heads.

1 hour ago, PK Manley said:

Or

It wouldn’t be an entirely new playbook. Its actually the same playbook with probably a few more wrinkles added since they were together. Kubiak was the OC for Mike in the 90s and Kyle was the OC for Kubiak when he was at Houston. Same reason matt Schaub was brought in last year bc he has played almost his entire career in the Shanahan/kubiak system. Schaub helped Matt Ryan with the playbook. 

However, I agree with you. It would be very difficult to hire someone from outside the organization mid season but we should definitely look for someone you the offense that has experience running the Shanahan/Kubiak system. We should have promoted matt lafleur. He was ready and was Shanahans right hand man last year. 

Edited by rbrick28

At this point in the season, we've got to roll with what we've got.  It could be something we look at during the offseason, but I don't think Quinn has the guts to pull the trigger on axing Sark.

But at the end of the day, not every miscue on offense is Sark's fault. Matt Ryan is just playing some garbage football this season. Sark definitely has a large portion of the blame, but players not executing has been killing us all season as well. Bringing in Kubiak right now won't fix the problems with execution...that's on the players.