OT: Sports Emmy - Smoltz over Collinsworth & Romo

I know everyone loves Romo for his insight into each play.  I enjoy him too.  And Collinsworth wins the Sports Analyst Emmy regularly.  But Smoltz was a gem.  Brilliant.  Almost as good as an analyst in October as we was as a player.  If Cox pitched him Game 1 in the playoffs the Braves have 3 championships.  I’ve met Smoltz several times in Fellowship of Christian Athletes and played a few rounds of golf with him.  Nothing fake about this man.  Best analysis in sports if you ask me.

12 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I know everyone loves Romo for his insight into each play.  I enjoy him too.  And Collinsworth wins the Sports Analyst Emmy regularly.  But Smoltz was a gem.  Brilliant.  Almost as good as an analyst in October as we was as a player.  If Cox pitched him Game 1 in the playoffs the Braves have 3 championships.  I’ve met Smoltz several times in Fellowship of Christian Athletes and played a few rounds of golf with him.  Nothing fake about this man.  Best analysis in sports if you ask me.

Love Smoltz. You could hear how good he was when he first started sitting in with Chip and Joe on the Braves games.

Like Romo and his "for the love of God what are you doing?" style.

And for Collinsworth ... oh that reminds me that I need to take my dog for a walk so he can take a DUMP.

One analyst is "impartial"... The other is not.

One is a "front-runner" for the major franshises, the other is not.

One bascially saw a penalty last week,and claimed that it was not a penalty...lololol. All the evidence on slow-mo replay.

I respect Skip Caray and Professor Pete Van Wieren.

Stan Kastan banned them from the team plane---because they were impartial--even as Braves announcers. The Braves had won for years, years, and years, but if they saw a call that was in-favor of The Braves and unfair to the other team, they would tell it like it is.

Edited by Rise