Unkn0wn

Braves Off-season Thread

899 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, K26dp said:

I really like having 3 quality lefties, especially if they all hold their own against RH batters too. I think it was a key to those really good 2010-2012 bullpens. 

Exactly. It didn't matter lefty or righty, we could throw Venters or EOF out there and they would get the job done. Boy I sure do miss OVentral. I've got a poster of those guys that I look at with fond memories.

DOB says Anthopoulus had conversations with Lorenzo Cain before he got the $80M offer from the Brewers. 

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves are working hard to sign Eduardo Nunez. FO is also still talking with Peter Moylan.

As I mentioned here a couple weeks ago, I think Eduardo Nunez would be a good addition.

According to Jerry Crasnick the Braves are interested in a 1 year deal with Nunez. They expect to have Riley in 2019 and refuse to block him. Nunez isn't willing to accept a short deal at this time.

37 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

According to Jerry Crasnick the Braves are interested in a 1 year deal with Nunez. They expect to have Riley in 2019 and refuse to block him. Nunez isn't willing to accept a short deal at this time.

Well if he's not willing to accept a 1-year deal then he can hit the road. Go with Rio Ruiz and Johan Camargo platoon at 3B. I know the numbers for Ruiz haven't been good but if you look at his ABs, they're very good. There's reason to be optimistic if you throw the numbers out the window. I'd be concerned if he was making easy out after easy out but he works the count well and usually makes good contact. He averages seeing 3.93 pitchers per AB. Just for comparison on how good that number is, Freddie Freeman sees 3.91 pitchers per AB.

Former Brave Williams Perez accidentally killed a man in Venezuela. Perez was handing the man his gun when it accidentally discharged striking the individual. The man was training Perez for the upcoming season. Perez accepted a Spring invitation from the Cubs.

Braves defeated Folty in arbitration. Team submitted $2.2M and he submitted $2.3M.

Foltynewicz wins at life however. His wife has given birth to their first child, a son.

So what's the MLB minimum this year? And all the pre-arb players, are we to assume that is what they're getting unless we hear word about something being different? Trying to update my Braves payroll and I'm at $91.3M but that's without all the pre-arb players being accounted for.

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So what's the MLB minimum this year? And all the pre-arb players, are we to assume that is what they're getting unless we hear word about something being different? Trying to update my Braves payroll and I'm at $91.3M but that's without all the pre-arb players being accounted for.

$545,000 is the MLB minimum. Haven't heard what the Braves are giving any pre-arb guys. Probably the minimum though.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

$545,000 is the MLB minimum. Haven't heard what the Braves are giving any pre-arb guys. Probably the minimum though.

Thanks, that is what I'm gonna put until I hear differently.

EDIT: Alright, realized that my spreadsheet wasn't adding in Adrian Gonzalez but got that fixed now. Add in the pre-arb guys at a projected MLB minimum of $545K and that makes the Braves payroll at $124.5M.

Braves will attend Tim Lincecum's showcase.

If this were 2012 I would love this. Just like had it been 2012 I would have loved to have had Matt Kemp. Alas it's 2018 and neither player is useful for anything other than being a cheerleader.

He's probably a RP if anything at this point. He'll have to really show something to get any interest though.

90s braves documentary on MLB Network tonight at 9...I suppose this will be  different than the Driven shows...:D

Braves still open to acquiring 3B but not Moustakas. They reportedly have less than $10M to spend. Next winter they'll have $50M. 

Carlos Gonzalez returning to the Rockies, 1Y/8M.

The A's apparently have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with Jonathan Lucroy.