Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tl;dr

Hawks November Game Thread

40 posts in this topic

Think I got the formatting right finally, so here it is. Pretty brutal stretch right out of the gate for a team that is already struggling. 

Nov. 1: at Philadelphia 7:00

Nov. 3: Houston 7:30

Nov. 5: at Cleveland 3:00

Nov. 6: Boston 7:30

Nov. 10: at Detroit 7:00

Nov. 11: at Washington 7:00

Nov. 13: at New Orleans 8:00

Nov. 15: Sacramento 7:30

Nov. 18: Boston 7:30

Nov. 20: at San Antonio 8:30

Nov. 22: LA 7:30

Nov. 24: New York 7:30

Nov. 25: Toronto 7:30

Nov. 30: Cleveland 7:30

Edited by tl;dr

Already down 13-4 at the first timeout. Don't think we will see much improvement in the record these next few weeks

Tough month no doubt but let's see how these boys navigate it. I don't expect much from this team yet because it's in rebuild mode but I want to see them play hard and develop.

falconsrus likes this

2 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Tough month no doubt but let's see how these boys navigate it. I don't expect much from this team yet because it's in rebuild mode but I want to see them play hard and develop.

Agreed, if they play hard I can be happy win or lose. We aren't winning it all anytime soon, so might as well hope to see the young guys get experience. 

Hawks have 14 games this month. All games except 2 occur in a 4 games in 6 nights stretch. The NBA did us no favors to start the season, now it continues into November.

No real practice time available to develop with this kind of schedule.

blkbigdog35 and Drew4719 like this

I wonder if the early start to the season has folks looking sloppy, today should actually be game 2 or 3 for teams.

On 11/2/2017 at 5:13 PM, DirtybyrdGA said:

I wonder if the early start to the season has folks looking sloppy, today should actually be game 2 or 3 for teams.

Probably, plus learning a new offense, still getting in bball shape.

Hawks have been really bad defending the 3, Houston puts up more 3s than 2s some games. We might be in for a long night 

That's great to hear. I just hope they can keep Harden in check some what to have a chance. They need to make him play on both ends of the floor.

48 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Good win for Hawks against Cavs on road.

Awesome win! The game started before the Falcons game was over, so I’m gonna watch the replay when it comes on in a few minutes. Thank you Hawks for giving me a good game to watch on a day the Falcons couldn’t. Proud of you guys!

blkbigdog35 likes this

Didn't expect a win but glad they got one. Sundays have sucked but at least the dawgs are taking care of business. Maybe the hawks can build on this win.

falconsrus likes this

Good win today... Collins continues to impress me. There is promise with Prince too. Dennis is still such an enigma to me. I think he could be very good, but he still has those random games where you question that.

I don't know if we will be drafting top 5, but I hope we find a way to get a top 5 pick whether it is by luck or trade. If we could find a way to land Sexton and one of the center's from this draft, I would be thrilled. 

Report: Bulls, Hawks most likely destinations for Jahlil Okafor

yahoo.com  

The Celtics are reportedly interested in Jahlil Okafor, but they might not be willing to trade enough to get him. As long as the 76ers are refusing a buyout, Boston appears to be an unlikely landing spot for the disgruntled center.

So, other teams are emerging as possibilities.

League sources indicate the Chicago Bulls and Atlanta Hawks are the most likely destinations for Okafor.

Neither the Bulls nor Hawks look ready to do much this season, with or without Okafor. So, any trade for him should be based on the long-term.

The catch: He’s on an expiring contract, and any team that trades for him can’t give him a salary above $6,313,832 next season (what he would’ve earned on his declined fourth-year option). There are two possibilities leading up to his free agency after a trade:
•Okafor plays well. In that case, he might draw more than $6,313,832 in free agency, and the team that trades for him will be stuck.
•Okafor doesn’t play well. In that, the team that traded for him will regret surrendering an asset.

There would be some logic to trading for Okafor, acquiring his Bird Rights, evaluating him up close and then trying to re-sign him. But there’s a very narrow path for that to pay off. He can’t be too bad or too good, or that plan fails.

If Chicago or Atlanta trades for Okafor, it should be at a very low cost.

Great effort Hawks. Heartbreaking ending. Kyrie is just too good in those end of game situations.

We've looked so good these last two nights against the teams from last years ECF. The team is really gelling and the chemistry is there. I'll be disappointed if they don't start winning some games, at least against bad teams.

Edited by Drew4719
blkbigdog35 and JerseyNo12 like this

28 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Great effort Hawks. Heartbreaking ending. Kyrie is just too good in those end of game situations.

We've looked so good these last two nights against the teams from last years ECF. The team is really gelling and the chemistry is there. I'll be disappointed if they don't start winning some games, at least against bad teams.

No doubt and at this point it gives us some hope for this team.

JerseyNo12, jayu70 and Drew4719 like this

So I heard baze took to social media to call out Collins for not passing the ball to Babbitt instead of dunking against Cleveland the other day? 

17 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

So I heard baze took to social media to call out Collins for not passing the ball to Babbitt instead of dunking against Cleveland the other day? 

The fuk? He can't call anybody out with his stealing azz. You know if there was a response?