Jarvis Landry Available any interest from us?

TheRidder

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

How many receivers come to a team in the middle of the season to a completely new system and actually make a contribution THAT season?

This will be one of the few times I’ve disagreed with you. I absolutely would trade for Landry, the guy has glue for hands. Extremely talented. I think he would be the exception to that rule. 

Just now, ryantlanta said:

Who cares talent is talent. Talent can make plays anytime knowing the system or not.

Who care?  

Um, you should because receiver is not a plug and play position.  The fact that you can't answer my question proves my point.

Go look around a bit.  Go look at other receivers who got traded or who hooked onto talented offenses with elite quarterbacks and didn't do anything because it ain't just about talent when it comes to receiving.  You have to have a rapport with your quarterback, you have to have timing.

And when it comes to system, every system does things a little bit different.  Some teams run the comeback route at 12 yards, other systems run it at 14.  You gotta know exactly what your quarterback likes.  Some teams ask you to read coverage and convert routes on the fly and every team does it differently.  That takes seeing things exactly the way your QB does.  That takes reps.  That takes off season and practice.  You don't just go to a new team and pick that up.

System absolutely matters. 

6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

How many receivers come to a team in the middle of the season to a completely new system and actually make a contribution THAT season?

Yup....Landry is a great player but honestly receiver is not a need for us.

.....now if they want to deal Wake or Branch....or even better Jones then I would listen

3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Who care?  

Um, you should because receiver is not a plug and play position.  The fact that you can't answer my question proves my point.

Go look around a bit.  Go look at other receivers who got traded or who hooked onto talented offenses with elite quarterbacks and didn't do anything because it ain't just about talent when it comes to receiving.  You have to have a rapport with your quarterback, you have to have timing.

And when it comes to system, every system does things a little bit different.  Some teams run the comeback route at 12 yards, other systems run it at 14.  You gotta know exactly what your quarterback likes.  Some teams ask you to read coverage and convert routes on the fly and every team does it differently.  That takes seeing things exactly the way your QB does.  That takes reps.  That takes off season and practice.  You don't just go to a new team and pick that up.

Yup......take a system like Koetters that has alot of option routes .....The receivers and qb have to be on the same page.....if the receiver runs an out.....while the qb expects an in.....

Welll he will get that in route....IN...short for interception

22 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

This will be one of the few times I’ve disagreed with you. I absolutely would trade for Landry, the guy has glue for hands. Extremely talented. I think he would be the exception to that rule. 

So did Randy Moss and every coach he had will tell you he was one of the smartest players they ever coached.  Go look up his numbers when got traded in the middle of the season in 2010.

Or what about Michael Floyd?  Anybody remember last year how the Patriots grabbed him after the Cardinals let him go and there were folks around here mad talking about Brady was gonna turn him instantly into a Pro Bowler because you know Brady can make magic with anyone and he was gonna bolster their attack in the playoffs?

Does anyone remember one play Michael Flyod made for the Patriots?  

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead
Typo... I mean Randy Moss got traded in 2010 to the Vikings then Titans...

13 minutes ago, ryantlanta said:

Who cares talent is talent. Talent can make plays anytime knowing the system or not.

LOL!!!! SEE!!!! THIS IS THE TYPE OF ASININE POSTS IM TALKING ABOUT.  And yes I was shouting.  

"Talent makes plays knowing the system or not".......LOL!!!!! Is this HS or college? That's the only places I've seen talent making plays that didn't know the system (especially at that position).

16 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

True, but he would be a huge factor for next season, and maybe help this team at the end of this season. But I highly doubt the Falcons are interested.

9 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Who care?  

Exactly!!!! Man, some of these people be posting out of their @$$. I really do believe that their @$$ cheeks be touching their keys.

5 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

So did Randy Moss and every coach he had will tell you he was one of the smartest players they ever coached.  Go look up his numbers when got traded in the middle of the season in 2007.

Or what about Michael Floyd?  Anybody remember last year how the Patriots grabbed him after the Cardinals let him go and there were folks around here mad talking about Brady was gonna turn him instantly into a Pro Bowler because you know Brady can make magic with anyone and he was gonna bolster their attack in the playoffs?

Floyd is not as good as people thought. He has really done nothing with the Vikings this year. I think his personal life must of taken away from his focus of the game a bit.

5 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

So did Randy Moss and every coach he had will tell you he was one of the smartest players they ever coached.  Go look up his numbers when got traded in the middle of the season in 2007.

I remember one big block by him in the playoffs

I like Landry, but I don't see how he can make a significant impact this year for the Falcons. I certainly wouldn't want to give up a draft pick for him at this point until we see what other "Real Needs" we have. If the Falcons are to make a trade, I would like for that trade to be for another player in the trenches. 

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Moss had an absolutely amazing 2007 season with the Pats. He played all 16 games as well. You remembering the correct season?

That’s a bit of an unfair comparison with Floyd considering that Floyd didn’t produce even with the Cards. Landry has consistently produced in Miami despite poor QB play and limited run game. He gets a bit of an unfair markdown because of a lack of TDs, but he does move the chains, he’s very reliable. 

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Moss had an absolutely amazing 2007 season with the Pats. He played all 16 games as well. You remembering the correct season?

That’s a bit of an unfair comparison with Floyd considering that Floyd didn’t produce even with the Cards. Landry has consistently produced in Miami despite poor QB play and limited run game. He gets a bit of an unfair markdown because of a lack of TDs, but he does move the chains, he’s very reliable. 

I didn't mean 2007... that was a typo.  I mean 2010 when he got traded in the middle of the season.

And Floyd didn't produce with the Cardinals?  Well when he hooked on with the Patriots some folks around here thought he'd be the second coming with Brady.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead

15 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Who care?  

all anyone has to do to prove you're right, is rewatch our first 6 games and then listen to Julio's presser where he talked about 'we're not on the same page yet'.....and this is a WR who's ONLY QB of his pro career is the one throwing to him this year too

:tiphat: