Our biggest need is a RG (Wes Schweitzer replacement). What r your thoughts on our biggest needs before the trade deadline?

jj00100

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

They are brother. Matt has only been sacked 12 times and that’s 8th best imnthe NFL. The best is the saints with only 7 sacks. Matt has been hit 37 Times. Good for 12th best. Our rushing avg is 4.8 and that’s 4th best. I don’t know what these guys are looking at but our line is def top 10 again this year for sure. Maybe if they watched all 32 teams and not only our team they’d see the differences in how good or Bad lines are. Wes is playing great to me. He’s had a few moments but geez he’s a 2nd year player 1st time starter. Dudes are either trolls or crybabies. This ain’t college where the difference in talent levels is a large margin. It’s the NFL where even a 2-5 team has talent but maybe the wrong coach or the wrong scheme for the personnel. It’s lityle things like that that separate nfl teams. You can be the worst and be the best the very next season. 

They don’t know what they don’t know,my friend.

how you been?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ZoneOne01 said:

RG isn't a big issue for this team anymore. Schweitzer isn't a liability nor is he out here blowing games with his play.  For a 6th rounder, he's playing well above where he was drafted.  

5th rounder I believe . We should've tried to make our team better before the trade deadline but we didn't which is sad because our team got issues

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Absolutely. I’ve been well my man. Been back and forth to LA working so that’s why I’ve been MIA lately. I’m actaully still out here til Thur. What about you? How you been?

Rough year, my friend. We’ll talk soon when you get settled Back home. 

9 hours ago, jj00100 said:

5th rounder I believe . We should've tried to make our team better before the trade deadline but we didn't which is sad because our team got issues

Wrong 6th rounder. You don't even know jack squat about this team. You're wrong just deal with it and stop making 5 threads about the same thing 

18 hours ago, Intellectually Honest said:

Top 10 "IMO" means nothing. What evidence do you have to back that belief up?

Last year, we were 10th in adjusted line yards. This year, we're 6th.
Last year, we were 17th in power success &. This year, we're 7th. 
Last year, we were 23rd in stuffed percentage. This year, we're 11th.
Last year, we were 7th and 3rd in 2nd level runs and open field runs respectively. This year, we're 2nd and 3rd. 
Last year, we were 23rd in adjusted sack rate, this year we're 14th.
Last year we were 27th in QB Hits, this year we're 12th

For starters. 

9 hours ago, Trust Me Son Since 70 said:

Wrong 6th rounder. You don't even know jack squat about this team. You're wrong just deal with it and stop making 5 threads about the same thing 

I don't know squat about this team because i thought Wes was a 5th round pick instead of a 6th? LOL. u r funny boy. I am a diehard falcons fan that has watched almost every game since the 90s with Chris Miller at  QB. 

OG and a reliable sure handed TE (Don't know y we let Jacob Tamme go) is what this team is lacking and are the most important needs for this team. I think Austin Hooper is still Raw and has a lot of upside I do, but at this moment of his career, he should take a back seat. i think Tamme wouldve been better for this team at this moment right now and if he played in the superbowl.

As for Wes, he's gone up against some tough DTs and has gotten destroyed. If you give Matt Ryan time to throw, he will carve opposing defenses up.  But his mentality right now is kinda screwed up cause he has no faith in his OLINE. he panics when that 3 second window is up, he has no faith in his OLINE to protect and so he goes to panic mode. You should go watch film on Wes, he's gettin pushed back like it's nothing and DTs are getting to Ryan easily.

I like how Matt Ryan has adjusted and has finally been running for yardage when nothing is there, i hope he keeps doing that as it'll help out our team and keep the chains moving. 

Edited by jj00100

On 10/30/2017 at 4:01 PM, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Yeah and I dont know that we'd have the ability to get Glenn under the cap. 

I dont think Wes has been a revelation or anything but the total context of the situation hardly supports spending assets to upgrade him on a temporary basis. A RG isnt the difference between this team being a ~ .500 +/- 1 game team and a 12-4 team. 

That makes absolute no sense. There is a reason why offensive linemen, the best ones are getting paid big.  They do things for the offense and the team that others can't.  It may be being able to block for one more second which could result in that first down or touch down.  It can be that great hole they create for the running game to keep the chains moving.  Wes is literally just a stop gap player out there who probably wouldn't make any other NFL roster as of today. Josh Sitton is the way to go and if we pass on him, than this team isn't as serious as they would make people believe.  

On 10/30/2017 at 5:44 PM, raysnill1 said:

look at that seal block, then watch that big boy sprint down the field with his RB

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media-lounge/videos/Cant-miss-play-Colemans-2nd-longest-run-of-career/b883ccbf-a440-4ec4-95c0-fb3dee9d60d8

he's given up 2 sacks this season and when the game slows down the penalties will stop, but complaining about Wes at this point is just people complaining just to have something to complain about

Look at him get on his horse down the field to try and help block.  I mean, big man was hauling.

Solid effort by Schweitzer on that play.

21 hours ago, jj00100 said:

nd how exactly would we have made it better? Cant trade for Kyle Shannahan so there’s that. We fixed the run issues with Rubin. We have pass rushers, we have linebackers, we have corners, we have safeties. The only thing we could’ve traded to get better is the wr’s hands to stop dropping the ball for turnovers. THATS THE MAIN ISSUE WITH THE TEAM!!! Turnovers. We’ve gifted 14 points on turnovers. Had MULTIPLE turnovers in multiple games. We’re minus in the TO differential when we were positive last season because the offense wasn’t turning the ball over. We’ve negated defensive turnovers with penalties. That’s our issue. All fundamental and execution issues. TALENT IS THERE. We’d have looked like fools trading for WHAT?? Who would we give away? And at what cost? That’s not how you build a winning franchise. 

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

nd how exactly would we have made it better? Cant trade for Kyle Shannahan so there’s that. We fixed the run issues with Rubin. We have pass rushers, we have linebackers, we have corners, we have safeties. The only thing we could’ve traded to get better is the wr’s hands to stop dropping the ball for turnovers. THATS THE MAIN ISSUE WITH THE TEAM!!! Turnovers. We’ve gifted 14 points on turnovers. Had MULTIPLE turnovers in multiple games. We’re minus in the TO differential when we were positive last season because the offense wasn’t turning the ball over. We’ve negated defensive turnovers with penalties. That’s our issue. All fundamental and execution issues. TALENT IS THERE. We’d have looked like fools trading for WHAT?? Who would we give away? And at what cost? That’s not how you build a winning franchise. 

Image result for redford gifs

5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Some people just want to trade for the h ell of it. Kinda like the FA period when they want ALL the big name FAs,  but don't want to pay BIG money for them.

2 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

That makes absolute no sense. There is a reason why offensive linemen, the best ones are getting paid big.  They do things for the offense and the team that others can't.  It may be being able to block for one more second which could result in that first down or touch down.  It can be that great hole they create for the running game to keep the chains moving.  Wes is literally just a stop gap player out there who probably wouldn't make any other NFL roster as of today. Josh Sitton is the way to go and if we pass on him, than this team isn't as serious as they would make people believe.  

Honestly, this post is all sorts of broke. 

1) Are you aware of a way to sign "the best" OL players in Week 9 of the NFL season with ~$800k in cap space? Really? 

2) Our run game has been consistently effective and productive when it has been called upon. Its been more effective this year than last year in most available metrics. That isnt a concern. 

3) The notion that Schweitzer "probably wouldnt make any other NFL roster as of today" is embarrassingly out of touch. Are you kidding me with this? Do you watch NFL football? Have you watched the offensive lines in Seattle or Houston or half a dozen other spots around the league? Get out of here with this nonsense. 

Not good, Stone-fan. Not good. 

2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Honestly, this post is all sorts of broke. 

1) Are you aware of a way to sign "the best" OL players in Week 9 of the NFL season with ~$800k in cap space? Really? 

2) Our run game has been consistently effective and productive when it has been called upon. Its been more effective this year than last year in most available metrics. That isnt a concern. 

3) The notion that Schweitzer "probably wouldnt make any other NFL roster as of today" is embarrassingly out of touch. Are you kidding me with this? Do you watch NFL football? Have you watched the offensive lines in Seattle or Houston or half a dozen other spots around the league? Get out of here with this nonsense. 

Not good, Stone-fan. Not good. 

Wes is getting his *** kicked out there and you know **** well matt Ryan is releasing the ball earlier and shuffling his feet alot faster than last year. There is not a qb in the nfl that would feel comfortable with Wes in front of them.

It's not wes fault, this is his first time ever playing guard, but look at the best offensive lines, they don't have a 7th round guy who is only there because of no other option.  Him beating out garland is not hard to do, who can't beat out garland for a starting oline spot?

Look at the cowboys, literally all first rounders on the line besides leal Collins who was considered a first round talent

Look at the chiefs. First round talent and great vet pick ups like schwartz.  

Edited by R_The_Great