Florida State at Boston College Game thread..

SacFalcFan

15 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

anyone think the FSU is going to hurt Alabama once the actual playoff polls start (FSU was basically Alabama's signature win, and to date their only game/win over a ranked opponent, but at 2-5 that's not looking like such a great win anymore)???

Very doubtful imo unless UGA drops a game then has a multiple touchdown win over Bama in the SEC title game. 

7 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

2019 is looking better and better for my canes. Gators and Noles have some studs committed and they are all on the verge of decommitting. And Miami is in great position for all of them. Great times

Looking forward to a disastrous class for the Gators myself. :lol: Hoping either LSU or we plucks JaMarr Chase, Bama grabs Copeland, Corral bolts with no expected receiving targets of note... class disintegrates. At that point 2019 then looks bad too unless they actually fire/part ways with Mac as is being discussed... Then it would depend on the hire. 

31 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Looking forward to a disastrous class for the Gators myself. :lol: Hoping either LSU or we plucks JaMarr Chase, Bama grabs Copeland, Corral bolts with no expected receiving targets of note... class disintegrates. At that point 2019 then looks bad too unless they actually fire/part ways with Mac as is being discussed... Then it would depend on the hire. 

Great times for uga and UM with the Gators floundering 

12 hours ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

anyone think the FSU is going to hurt Alabama once the actual playoff polls start (FSU was basically Alabama's signature win, and to date their only game/win over a ranked opponent, but at 2-5 that's not looking like such a great win anymore)???

yes.. alabama's schedule doesn't have much to it.. people want to talk about the SEC West, but unless auburn is ranked high they won't have really any top 25 wins.  fsu falling apart and showing they have a ton of issues and getting dominated by teams like boston college which shows that wins means nothing. 

11 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

2019 is looking better and better for my canes. Gators and Noles have some studs committed and they are all on the verge of decommitting. And Miami is in great position for all of them. Great times

yeah your average per commit is going to be something.. heck it's already something for 2018..  CMR has done a terrific job with the south florida schools and coaches.  just take all you can from fsu and florida.. i hate both so bad. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

yeah your average per commit is going to be something.. heck it's already something for 2018..  CMR has done a terrific job with the south florida schools and coaches.  just take all you can from fsu and florida.. i hate both so bad. 

Yes he has. He has reestablished that relationship with south Florida coaches and I'm so happy. I hate both of those schools too. Pure hatred

12 minutes ago, eddiesauto said:

I love the fact that FSU is who UT beat in the 98 National Championship Game. Totally shut down Peter Warrick that night.

What happened to FSU? I know they lost their starting QB in Atlanta week 1 vs Alabama, but it sounds like they've totally fallen apart.

They still have a crappy o line. I kinda doubt they would have had a good year even if Francois didn’t get hurt. Defense hasn’t been playing well either. 

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

They still have a crappy o line. I kinda doubt they would have had a good year even if Francois didn’t get hurt. Defense hasn’t been playing well either. 

Oh ok, thanks for the info. I don't follow them closely, but knew that they usually had a good program. Think that Jimbo might be forced out after the season, or would they allow him to revamp his assistants?

34 minutes ago, eddiesauto said:

Oh ok, thanks for the info. I don't follow them closely, but knew that they usually had a good program. Think that Jimbo might be forced out after the season, or would they allow him to revamp his assistants?

FSU would have to pay $39M for Jimbo to go away. He's not going anywhere.

34 minutes ago, eddiesauto said:

They would owe him so much on a buyout it’s insane

I'm just waiting to hear Jimbo preach how much confidence he has in his staff.  Hopefully he catches enough heat to make the necessary changes in the off season.  

With 4 games left, the best case scenario is a 6-5 season, but 5-6 is more likely best case and 4-7 a more realistic projection.  Even though it's staring us in the face, it's hard to fathom FSU not being bowl eligible.  But it may be the kick in the @$$ that Jimbo needs.