Jets: Injuries

falcndave

Skrine and Shell are out. I'm not proud. I'll take all the help we can get. Not sure that losing a starting tackle will mean much to them. McCown is being sacked at a furious pace as it is. Skrine's injury could mean good things for Sanu. Wilkerson is questionable.

Keep an eye on the weather as well. Could be very rainy and/or windy for this one. The current forecast is for wind to kick up to 20+ later in the day. 

15 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

Well, the worst D in the league had at least one backup DB playing due to injury and we didn't take advantage.  Interested to see if Sarkasian has learned how to utilize his weapons and exploit mismatches yet.

If he calls and good play, and the ball is either overthrown or dropped...has he learned how to utilize his weapons and exploit mismatches yet? If he calls a jet sweep, and both blockers make their blocks (instead of a duel whiff), is the ensuing TD evidence of great offensive coordination?

Not picking on you personally. I have done it too this week. I think sometimes we confuse results with the quality of the calls. Poor calls well executed look brilliant. Brilliant calls poorly executed make it look like an OC is "overthinking" it. 

Sark has made some mistakes. That said, it is not even approaching the deboggle that this week's feeding frenzy would have us to believe.

50 minutes ago, falcndave said:

If he calls and good play, and the ball is either overthrown or dropped...has he learned how to utilize his weapons and exploit mismatches yet? If he calls a jet sweep, and both blockers make their blocks (instead of a duel whiff), is the ensuing TD evidence of great offensive coordination?

Not picking on you personally. I have done it too this week. I think sometimes we confuse results with the quality of the calls. Poor calls well executed look brilliant. Brilliant calls poorly executed make it look like an OC is "overthinking" it. 

Sark has made some mistakes. That said, it is not even approaching the deboggle that this week's feeding frenzy would have us to believe.

It's certainly not all on Sark but I do think a big part of the struggles are his situational play calls.  I said it earlier this week, I think sometimes coaches go to the execution argument to defend a bad call.  I know it's easy to MMQB a call after it doesn't work but I do think plays like the jet sweep Sunday night are doomed from the start.