Atlanta United...kind of sad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Watching video of the Atlanta United games that people post on Facebook and the stadium looks completely full. When did people start liking soccer more then football?

probably has something to do with the game not stopping every 5 seconds for a **** commercial break. NFL games shouldn't take 4 ******* hours to play 1 hour of actual game time.

It is really simple- corporate fans vs actual fans. Tickets are much cheaper to go to Atlanta United and I do not think you need to buy a PSL to be a season ticket holder. The Falcons sell a lot of their tickets to corporations who then pass off the tickets to their clients or executives. Like a lot of people have said,that Atlanta falcons fans are priced  out. Therefore ATL United gets fans in the seats while falcons get a mix. 

#1.  NO PSL's for ATLU 

#2. Tickets available to the general public at a very decent price

#3. NO PSL's you can buy Season Tickets on a yearly basis

.....remember when the Falcons used to do that?  Remember those full Domes for regular season games AND playoff games, just like the ATL United?  

170122_nfc_championship_2671.jpgnflfal3_2__44607.1483929123.1280.1280.jp

Atlanta is a great sports city when you give the entire city the ability to buy affordable tickets!  

10 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Watching video of the Atlanta United games that people post on Facebook and the stadium looks completely full. When did people start liking soccer more then football?

Huh? Wait, What? When did they start liking Futbol more than American Football? Is that your question? Seriously?

I have a friend who was a Falcons season ticket holder for close to 30 years but had to give them up (like many other real fans) because of the PSL and ticket prices at Benz. So expect more listless, roaming, corporate crowds moving forward. And if the Falcons aren't winning, lots of visitor jerseys in the stands. You reap what you sow.

It's nice to see the great fan support for the soccer team and I hope it continues. It's just too bad that for me soccer is unwatchable.

1 minute ago, Mr.Blank said:

I have a friend who was a Falcons season ticket holder for close to 30 years but had to give them up (like many other real fans) because of the PSL and ticket prices at Benz. So expect more listless, roaming, corporate crowds moving forward. And if the Falcons aren't winning, lots of visitor jerseys in the stands. You reap what you sow.

It's nice to see the great fan support for the soccer team and I hope it continues. It's just too bad that for me soccer is unwatchable.

Well MR Blank, do something about the PSLs since this was your idea anyway. You do reap what you sow. How enlightening. 

10 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Simply because the are more people in Atlanta that Love Futebol (pronounced Foo che' bowl ) than American Football.

On the World Stage of Futebol, the USA is pretty much a joke, but this will change over the next 12 years

"What kind of name is that".............. :bang: 

1 hour ago, aerosmith67 said:

#1.  NO PSL's for ATLU 

.....remember when the Falcons used to do that?  Remember those full Domes for regular season games AND playoff games, just like the ATL United?  

Atlanta is a great sports city when you give the entire city the ability to buy affordable tickets!  

This. You can’t blame a city for crappy Fans when they can’t afford the tickets 

Edited by NeonDeion

10 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Columbus had a 22yr old goal keeper become a star tonight, probably the best goalkeeping I've seen in the last few years outside of Howard's effort vs Germany in the WC

I think I read that Columbus team might be moving here to Austin, TX...

30 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

This. You can’t blame a city for crappy Fans when they can’t afford the tickets 

2 hours ago, aerosmith67 said:

#1.  NO PSL's for ATLU 

I remember someone else saying this a few years ago.  Looks like he was right!

United crowds are infinitly better than Falcon crowds which is a shame cause their largely many of the same people. I had actually high hopes this summer that there would be a bleed over effect to Falcons but I've been kinda disappointed  in that regard (losing games isnt helping mind you)

Reputation alone is a huge advantage. United's version of the Benz is building a reputation for being a fortress teams don't want to come in to and people want to be part of that and they get involved. Falcons are still in that everybody kinda sitting around on their hands phase, too embarrassed or "too cool for school" to play along with the ATL chants or make noise when it's not just a big 3rd down.