11 hours ago, gazoo said:

I was telling my friend this exact thing today.  I have to admit I’m somewhat  concerned we will pull out of it but we absolutely have the talent to do it.

I think we have coaching issues right now that are at the root of our problems.

The ever eternal optimistic gazoo... do you seriously think we will sweep our division? There will be a loss in there somewhere against Carolina or Saints.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Miller2Rison said:

From the performance i saw last week "arguably" is right.

We played bad last week. Made a lot of errors this team isn’t used to making (2 missed field goals, jets sweep at the 1). I just feel like if we put it together on offense, this team is going to win the NFC. We had games like this last year too.

15 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Don't mind me, man. I'm usually as optimistic as they come. And I'll certainly be rooting my heart out again come Sunday. But being at Gillette last weekend temporarily broke me.

:bang:

That is understandable.

A win this week will help get that bad taste out of our mouths......

I get what the op is saying and I agree but lets get back.to the super cliched "one game at a time"

Beat the jets and start to move forward from there

Oh yeah, but you are a bad "3-0-against-the-NFC Team"...Saints are going to sweep you.  I did not think that after our 0-2 start, but the one thing that Drew Brees has not had since 2010 has arrived: An emerging and young defense.  Kamara and Ingram.  Wide-outs who will get the ball when they are open.  A Hall of Fame QB and not a "skiddish" one.  Yeah, you better hope for a wildcard.  Falcons are not winning the NFC South.  Prediction:  Saints will arrive in town in December and proceed to sweep the falcons twice over the next three weeks from that first game.  Book it!

Your chance came at 28-3 in that important game in FEB.  Something's going on and (Again) the Saints have a defense.  Look up the target % for QBs against our rookie Corner Lattimore.  <50%.  They'd be better off throwing the ball away.  LB AJ Klein who the Panthers wish they would have kept after LK's 50th concussion.  He was sitting on the bench behind LK and comes to the Saints and is a stud.  ****, Manti Tao is even balling.  Tedd Ginn Jr. is catching balls (+130 yrds receiving on SUN).  You guys have messed around and let the Saints develop a defense and gain confidence. 

You're in trouble fellas.  Saints are going to be in the Division race until the last two games of the season...FALCONS/BUCs.  No one on this board thought that after our 0-2 start. 

Edited by saintvictorg
5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

No but it gives you a better chance to get to the super bowl

You still believe in this demolition derby of a team going that far. And are you satisfied with only getting there? There’s no chance this team makes it that far or even the playoffs playing how they are playing now

22 hours ago, rudy said:

The ever eternal optimistic gazoo... do you seriously think we will sweep our division? There will be a loss in there somewhere against Carolina or Saints.

Well, we certainly have the talent to go on a tear and win division but the issues we have that seem to be rooted in coaching may prevent that from happening.  I can say for the first time in a long time I’m not sure if we will pull out of this this year.

7 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

You still believe in this demolition derby of a team going that far. And are you satisfied with only getting there? There’s no chance this team makes it that far or even the playoffs playing how they are playing now

With how they are playing this moment?? Nope

But this team who blew out the packers....were a couple unlucky tips away from blowing out the lions.....and who looked unstoppable for a half vs the dolphins?

Yup......we just have to get out out of our own heads and do the fundamental things better....if we do that this team can go as far as they want. It's not like any team has bullied us around. Even bs New England.....a couple better throws in the endzone and a none stupid play call on the half foot line and that game is very different.

If we can not do those things...then it is a top 10 pick incoming

39 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

But this team who blew out the packers....were a couple unlucky tips away from blowing out the lions.....and who looked unstoppable for a half vs the dolphins?

Yup......we just have to get out out of our own heads and do the fundamental things better....if we do that this team can go as far as they want. It's not like any team has bullied us around. Even bs New England.....a couple better throws in the endzone and a none stupid play call on the half foot line and that game is very different.

I see what you are saying, but by the same token we COULD be 1-5 right now as well. All I know is that this team is not passing the eyeball or smell test right now, and quite frankly it's because of errors and mistskes that were not present on last year's team. If we could somehow remove our heads from our own posteriors, then perhaps we could go on a nice little run and get into the playoffs, but at this point in time it seems to the fans that that may be a hard row to hoe.

17 hours ago, saintvictorg said:

Oh yeah, but you are a bad "3-0-against-the-NFC Team"...Saints are going to sweep you.  I did not think that after our 0-2 start, but the one thing that Drew Brees has not had since 2010 has arrived: An emerging and young defense.  Kamara and Ingram.  Wide-outs who will get the ball when they are open.  A Hall of Fame QB and not a "skiddish" one.  Yeah, you better hope for a wildcard.  Falcons are not winning the NFC South.  Prediction:  Saints will arrive in town in December and proceed to sweep the falcons twice over the next three weeks from that first game.  Book it!

The Saints were my dark horse pick in the NFC South coming into 2017, like, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2017 Saints are the new 2016 Falcons or 2015 Panthers. That's how the NFC South has always been, back & forth, and with the high quality QB play this division has unlike others all over the NFL. Each team is a few off season moves and draft picks away from being a contender any given year. The Saints' AFC East schedule this year matches 2009 and the Saints' NFC North schedule this year matches 2011, the previous 2 times the Saints won the division. I had a feeling the Saints would not miss the playoffs 4 straight years with Drew Brees and Sean Payton, just like last season when the Falcons with Matt Ryan avoided missing the playoffs 4 straight years. Every year in the NFC South, the one team you expect to do the worse, will always go to first. Last season with the Falcons when we saw that 2016 schedule, we thought we were gonna be the worst team and the Panthers would still be good, and we all saw what happened.

Edited by mqg96
17 hours ago, saintvictorg said:

Your chance came at 28-3 in that important game in FEB.  Something's going on and (Again) the Saints have a defense.  Look up the target % for QBs against our rookie Corner Lattimore.  <50%.  They'd be better off throwing the ball away.  LB AJ Klein who the Panthers wish they would have kept after LK's 50th concussion.  He was sitting on the bench behind LK and comes to the Saints and is a stud.  ****, Manti Tao is even balling.  Tedd Ginn Jr. is catching balls (+130 yrds receiving on SUN).  You guys have messed around and let the Saints develop a defense and gain confidence. 

You're in trouble fellas.  Saints are going to be in the Division race until the last two games of the season...FALCONS/BUCs.  No one on this board thought that after our 0-2 start. 

Wanna make a bet?

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

You're right...but we aren't going to keep playing like we did against New England.

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

All I will say is this team could very easily be 1-5. I mean easily

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That is the furthest thing from the truth. Easily definitely shouldn’t be used in the 5-1 scene at all

Really???

had the refs made the correct call on the "fumble" in the bills game we probably win that game.

Had Hooper squeezed that ball at the end of the Miami game we probably win that one .

A blown call by the refs in the bills game (with another one  that was razor thin) ended up being the difference in the game.

I would say 2 games that eessentially came down to 2 plays qualify as easily winnable situations