As long as we beat the Vikings, Cowboys, Seahawks, and the rest of the NFC South we will looking just fine come playoff time. Give our guys sometime to figure it against the Jets. Our real test will be how we respond down the stretch and into the playoffs. Our season isnt over.

Edited by quickzero
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, quickzero said:

As long as we beat the Vikings, Cowboys, Seahawks, and the rest of the NFC South we will looking just fine come playoff time. Give our guys sometime to figure it against the Jets. Our real test will be how we respond down the stretch and into the playoffs. Our season isnt over.

So as long as we win out after this week, we're good? 

That seems do-able for the current incarnation of this team ...

4 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

So as long as we win out after this week, we're good? 

That seems do-able for the current incarnation of this team ...

I called us going 11-5 this season and I'm sticking to that. We have 10 games left; who says we can't win at least 7 of them?

Edited by quickzero
2 hours ago, quickzero said:

I called us going 11-5 this season and I'm sticking to that. We have 10 games left; who says we can't win at least 7 of them?

Don't mind me, man. I'm usually as optimistic as they come. And I'll certainly be rooting my heart out again come Sunday. But being at Gillette last weekend temporarily broke me.

:bang:

3 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Me too. I was more disgusted with 23-7 than I was with SB 51.

SB51 broke something in me as a fan (as melodramatic as that might sound, it's true). It took me the whole offseason to piece it back together and come back to this season with full belief in the team. But I really did come back with the feeling that we were something special. Sitting there Sunday, man, certain that we'd give the Pats a really, REALLY hard fight, I just ... I don't know. The broken fan feeling seeped back in.

9 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

SB51 broke something in me as a fan (as melodramatic as that might sound, it's true). It took me the whole offseason to piece it back together and come back to this season with full belief in the team. But I really did come back with the feeling that we were something special. Sitting there Sunday, man, certain that we'd give the Pats a really, REALLY hard fight, I just ... I don't know. The broken fan feeling seeped back in.

I was really proud of the falcons SB 51 the way they battled for it. 23-7 was a joke. 

I just hope we get atleast 1 ring before Matt Ryan and Julio retire.

3 hours ago, quickzero said:

I was telling my friend this exact thing today.  I have to admit I’m somewhat  concerned we will pull out of it but we absolutely have the talent to do it.

I think we have coaching issues right now that are at the root of our problems.

6 hours ago, quickzero said:

I like the optimism but the team just didn't go on a bad streak.  There have been problems evident since preseason.

The team really struggles in the 2nd half of games.  The defense can't get off the field and the offense can't stay on.

The Vikings and Seahawks still have really good defenses and the Cowboys can just bludgeon the defense with their running game.

We'll see what happens but forgive me if I don't share your optimism based off what I've seen the past 6 games.

14 hours ago, quickzero said:

So if we do that and make it to the SB...we're screwed yet again. We can't beat the AFC...

7 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I like the optimism but the team just didn't go on a bad streak.  There have been problems evident since preseason.

The team really struggles in the 2nd half of games.  The defense can't get off the field and the offense can't stay on.

The Vikings and Seahawks still have really good defenses and the Cowboys can just bludgeon the defense with their running game.

We'll see what happens but forgive me if I don't share your optimism based off what I've seen the past 6 games.

I just think we will be better down the line. We better be better.