New falcons Vid is up talking about why Matt Ryan's INT's

My new video highlighting the INT's thrown so far. Please discuss what you think is the problem is and reasons why below.

Thanks guys! Trying hard to keep the train moving lol

Email us suggestions and comments at Unintentionalgrounding@gmail.com

YouTube: UnintentionalGrounding - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClCI...

Twitter:@UnGrShow - https://twitter.com/UnGrShow

Instagram - ungr_show

Go support us on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/UnGrShow

Design and Motion Graphics by:
Domingo Rodriguez - @d.omingo on Instagram
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just on the first one I think your idea that it is wide open is absurd.  When the ball is halfway there the Safety is as close to where the ball is coming as Hooper is.  And the corner is has him covered well.  Could Hooper have come back to the ball a little?  I don't know, he was running full speed down the field.  Seems like you are looking to blame somebody other than Ryan to me.  I thought it was an unnecessarily risky throw on first down.  Gabriel and Freeman are both much better options on that play.

1 minute ago, Peyton said:

Just on the first one I think your idea that it is wide open is absurd.  When the ball is halfway there the Safety is as close to where the ball is coming as Hooper is.  And the corner is has him covered well.  Could Hooper have come back to the ball a little?  I don't know, he was running full speed down the field.  Seems like you are looking to blame somebody other than Ryan to me.  I thought it was an unnecessarily risky throw on first down.  Gabriel and Freeman are both much better options on that play.

It is an open gap in the field. All Hooper needs to do is catch it........ Nothing more to say on that. Matt made a good throw and Hooper didn't catch it.

Just now, falcons007 said:

Any decent TE should catch that ball. This is NFL, DB made a great play though. If your TIght Ends have to be wide open to catch the ball, there is a big problem. Should have signed a Veteran TE. 

That's like saying that any decent pass catcher would never have a CB reach over his shoulder and slap the ball away, but it happens 5 times a game.  This one just happened to result in an INT because he was double covered.

I can't imagine why you are giving Sarkisian blame on the second one, 100% on Matt.  It's second and one.  The pattern has two WRs and Freeman in it.  The other WR is wide open.  It's an easy read, if nobody is open throw it away.  100% on Matt Ryan.

Because this is the MO of Sark now. He really doesn't understand how to use what he has. IMO that is a blame both type of thing. Sark for only giving Matt two options and Matt for trying to force it into triple coverage. 

Just now, Peyton said:

That's like saying that any decent pass catcher would never have a CB reach over his shoulder and slap the ball away, but it happens 5 times a game.  This one just happened to result in an INT because he was double covered.

But on the other hand if that play is made "we" would all be praising Matt and Hooper for the play. It's as I said.... A play just not made. Have to get better at that part of the game.

Just now, Unintentional Grounding said:

Because this is the MO of Sark now. He really doesn't understand how to use what he has. IMO that is a blame both type of thing. Sark for only giving Matt two options and Matt for trying to force it into triple coverage. 

That reasoning is just showing a bias against Sarkisian.  On 2nd and 1, a team is supposed to take a shot.  That is why there is max protect.  If it isn't there, you are supposed to throw it away.

Matt had two good options on the play, and he chose the bad one. 

Just now, Peyton said:

No, it goes to fundamentals. Hooper just need to use his body better. As old Tamme was, he used his body effectively. I am not even talking about TG, Olsen, Antonio Gates or Witten level here. Good thing is Hooper is young, he needs to learn to use his body to make those catches.  There are lot plays made in double coverage, even last year. We don't talk about those plays from last year because they weren't tipped ball interceptions. You could argue, may be It wasn't the best read, but its hard to know with out play called. It looked like a quick read, get rid of the ball as Miami pass rush was coming after Falcons. 

That reasoning is just showing a bias against Sarkisian.  On 2nd and 1, a team is supposed to take a shot.  That is why there is max protect.  If it isn't there, you are supposed to throw it away.

Matt had two good options on the play, and he chose the bad one. 

Not at all tbh. I like Sark and what he is doing. I think you are digging for something that is not there. I really am just calling it as I see it.

1 minute ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Not at all tbh. I like Sark and what he is doing. I think you are digging for something that is not there. I really am just calling it as I see it.

I know, but there is something wrong with your eyes lol, because that play was 100% Matt Ryan's fault.

The Quinn INT is on Ryan 100%.  Of course Julio doesn't come to the ball, it is designed for him to catch it on the run. It's not a hook route.  Julio doesn't know that Ryan has made a dreadful decision there and Quinn is about to take it from him. It's designed for him to take it on the run.