Geno Smith 2.0

GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Please God let us NOT make McCown look like our last Jets throttling. Remember when we were suppose to beat the Jets like a drum Geno's rookie year and he throws 3 Td's and ends up being the best game of his career??? I use to get sooo fired up for the Falcons games and now it is almost like a Dentist appt... So we sign Spoon??? Maybe but he still doesnt pass rush so how does that fix us?

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

It's not the Falcon defense you should he worried about.

Yet it gave up long sustained scoring drives to the Bills,  Dolphins,& Pats.

The defense has a problem getting off the field in the 2nd half of games.

Sure the offense hasn't helped but let's not act like the defense has been just fine.

59 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Sure the offense hasn't helped but let's not act like the defense has been just fine.

Tired of this defense not being able to get stops after our offense keeps going 3 and out. It’s ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Tired of this defense not being able to get stops after our offense keeps going 3 and out. It’s ridiculous.

This is what I'm seeing.  The offense can't stay on the field long enough for the defense to get some wind.  Look at formations and make small in game adjustment.  The defense can be better...but Imma say 70% offense fault.  Jmo.

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yeah like the time they gave up a long scoring drive to Miami right after halftime at the start of the 3rd quarter.

Or the 19 play drive that they gave up to the Bills that took over 11 minutes off the clock.... which came after a 12 play drive by the Falcons.  There was a punt and turnover but the defense wasn't on the field.

The problems with the offense have been well documented but the defense has had it's share of problems as well.  They can't get off the field and yes the offense can't stay on the field.

7 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This defense works best when the offense is moving. Look at Miami it was 17-0 at the half. Offense moves and scores, the defense has time to stay fresh. It doesn't have to be a score each time but some kind of movement up the field is needed.

10 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Please God let us NOT make McCown look like our last Jets throttling. Remember when we were suppose to beat the Jets like a drum Geno's rookie year and he throws 3 Td's and ends up being the best game of his career??? I use to get sooo fired up for the Falcons games and now it is almost like a Dentist appt... So we sign Spoon??? Maybe but he still doesnt pass rush so how does that fix us?

Personally, I consider this a weak analogy. McCown has been getting it done all year with a TE as his best target. If he gets it done against us, it will be a continuation of what he is doing. Geno, on the other hand, got it done against no one but us. Check out McCown's stats then lay Ryan's next to them. While getting pounded to the tune of 22 sacks (Ryan has 11), he has more TDs and fewer INTs that Ryan. His completion percentage is above Ryan's at 69.2.  

His name may be McCown, but his play has risen above the lack luster talent around him. ASJ is a stud when his head is right. Outside of that, he has an abysmal line and very ordinary receivers. 

This yet another case of labeling something bad (Dolphins, Bills, McCown etc.) that isn't bad. 

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

This defense works best when the offense is moving. Look at Miami it was 17-0 at the half. Offense moves and scores, the defense has time to stay fresh. It doesn't have to be a score each time but some kind of movement up the field is needed.

Yes 17-0 at the half and the defense gives up a long time consuming scoring drive right after halftime.... when they were rested. 

Again the offense clearly has it's issues but the defense has its share of problems as well.

We knew the offense was going to take a step back this year but I hoped the defense would make enough improvement to offset that... and they haven't.

An average offense combined with an average defense gives you an average team... which is what the Falcons have looked like.

Look at some of the first drives the other teams had in the 3rd quarter after the half.   Long drives - sustained drives.  Drives meant to keep the offense out of rhythm.    

No the defense doesn't get a pass here either.

Not to mention the freakin' penalties!

14 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

THEY WERE "GASSED"!!!  "SUCKING AIR"!!!  Our offense was only on the field for like, 26 mins. against the Pats.  Our "D" barely had time to get their breath, and maybe a shot o' Gatorade, and they were right back on the field, again!  That's what has to get fixed --- more sustained, time consuming drives, so our Defense can get some rest... 

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!!

On 10/25/2017 at 8:13 AM, Jesus said:

It's not the Falcon defense you should he worried about.

We should be worried about the offense and defense. I don't understand why you would think the Defense is doing a good job. They are not. The Falcons D gets gashed in the run, and they can't get off the filed or get any turnovers. The Falcons D is just as bad as the O. Making a couple of plays on either side of the ball doesn't win games especially when both sides commit more mistakes than they do good plays.

Jets 28

Falcons 13

Edited by 4dabirds

12 hours ago, FalconJim said:

THEY WERE "GASSED"!!!  "SUCKING AIR"!!!  Our offense was only on the field for like, 26 mins. against the Pats.  Our "D" barely had time to get their breath, and maybe a shot o' Gatorade, and they were right back on the field, again!  That's what has to get fixed --- more sustained, time consuming drives, so our Defense can get some rest... 

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!!

What's the excuse for coming out after half time and letting the opponent have the ball for over half the quarter on their opening drive? How can you people continue to make that baseless claim without acknowledging reality?

7 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

We should be worried about the offense and defense. I don't understand why you would think the Defense is doing a good job. They are not. The Falcons D gets gashed in the run, and they can't get off the filed or get any turnovers. The Falcons D is just as bad as the O. Making a couple of plays on either side of the ball doesn't win games especially when both sides commit more mistakes than they do good plays.

Jets 28

Falcons 13

Never said they were doing a good job. This team should be able to win with their offense that's how they are built.

On 10/26/2017 at 1:24 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

What's the excuse for coming out after half time and letting the opponent have the ball for over half the quarter on their opening drive?

I'm making NO excuses ---- and what you say just re-enforces what I said; when you let a team drive the ball for over half a quarter (which is, by the way, over 7.5 mins.) your defense is on the field WAAAY too long!