This season good or bad will be soley on Dan Quinn

lju713

Im not a I told you so type of guy. I wasn't enamored by the offseason or draft outside of Takk, and I wondered why we didnt retain Bobby Turner(rb coach) and Mike McDaniel/Matt LaFleur. I think making the SB made us over confident and its showing. Sark is NOT running the same offense, Matt looks off and hesitate and the WR look lost, and losing Aldrick Robinson hurt due to his speed and knowledge of the offense.

Not bringing a vet LB hurt. Not bringing Freeny back was a blow(leadership) Trading out of the 2nd rd and passing on Dion Dawkins was dumb because he would have solidify the RG spot and Schweitzer couldve slid in at LG when we cut Levitre in 2018. They can say what they want Duke Riley would've been there in the 4th. Harlow,Hill,and Saubert could have been better picks in hindsight(always 20-20)

Lastly the coaching and decision making was subpar. Keith Armstrong welcome is worn here in ATL. We haven't blocked,returned a kick/punt in God knows when. The missed kicks and botched punts aren't routine, but in his tenure here we have had fake punts ran on us for TDs and countless other bone head blunders, and Andre Roberts has me pining for Allen Rossum.

I love my team and city, but the winds of change need to blow a lil harder starting now as far as a attitude and schematic adjustments. Rise up!!

Just now, lju713 said:

Yeah man:ninja: sad but true

I'm just busting your chops man, I'm relieved they brought in a vocal leader in spoon even if all he does is get this team hyped up which we all know he's great at.. freeny would be nice but you gotta develop young talent at some point and I don't even know who we would cut just to make room for him.. the issues are at DT not DE

Secondly, something's wrong with bosher, guy can't punt 40 yards anymore, teams have figured out our Kick return blockingvis atrocious and has been baiting Roberts by kicking it 1 yard deep or just inside our 5 forcing him to bring it out.. bryant is old and just had a bad game but if it happens again it's time to cut bait like we had to do with Elam when his career derailed.. 

41 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I'm just busting your chops man, I'm relieved they brought in a vocal leader in spoon even if all he does is get this team hyped up which we all know he's great at.. freeny would be nice but you gotta develop young talent at some point and I don't even know who we would cut just to make room for him.. the issues are at DT not DE

I agree. I was wondering wth would you sign a DT that started 2 yrs on the same D(Seattle) but not play him. Vellano can go back to the PS or off the roster for Freeny. With Poe,Jarrett, and Rubin i think we are solid at DT....hopefully

I think the main problem is sark but the players are being monumentally mediocre too  I wonder if it's just fat and happy syndrome--I really thought there wouldn't be a super bowl hangover because of the character of this team last year.  they didn't seem like a bunch of p**sies like the Carolina panthers the year after their super bowl.  they played with audacity and pride and the young defense surprised everyone at the end of the season.  None of that is happening now. I just don't know if Quinn's Ra Ra approach is going to make our players play at their potential and that's depressing. 

I can't believe I am saying this but Quinn should dust of the old MIke smith notes on playing penalty free and mistake free football. When your team is not at the best, last thing you want are mistakes like penalties nullifying Turnovers or extending drives. Offense needs to stop turning over the ball. Play Smitty ball (2008-2012) till you get in rhythm.

1 hour ago, The Great American said:

That's equivalent to saying good food and service at a restaurant depends "solely" on the manager.  This is really not a new concept.  

Major exception to that logic being you can fire a waiter for bad service and find another cook for bad food.

As a HC, you can't fire a MVP QB making over $100/yr or find another offensive coordinator not without someone pointing the finger directly at you.

1 minute ago, Statick said:

Major exception to that logic being you can fire a waiter for bad service and find another cook for bad food.

As a HC, you can't fire a MVP QB making over $100/yr or find another offensive coordinator not without someone pointing the finger directly at you.

I think sometimes you have to admit you made mistakes and own up to them. If Quinn does fire Sark, which I am 98% sure he won't, the replacement will at least be from an NFL background. The Ravens fired their OC in December of 2012 and went on to win the SB that same year. Now the only difference is that they promoted within. I highly doubt we have anyone on this staff who can run Shanny's system as they have all left. So we are pretty much ****** on offense this year unless Sark somehow realizes he is not in college and the offensive players actually start to play better. I will give it a 5% chance of that happening. 

7 minutes ago, Statick said:

Good points!  Matt Ryan is clearly our best option at QB but he is not our only option.  If the OC needs help to get better, then get him some help.  Let him sit down with key players and talk it through.  Bring in "consultants" for advice.  This season is not lost ... yet.   

DQ is ultimately responsible. True. However, if Matt Ryan plays well, we win. If he plays "so so" we might possibly win. If he has a bad day, we have a bad day and we lose. There are all kind of things that contribute to Matt Ryan playing well but it is the key to our success. Watch and see if we don't go as he goes.

5 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

There is too much talent on this team that is not playing up to its potential for a bad season to be solely on the head coach.  These are professional athletes with pride.  This is their vocation.  At a certain point they have to take ownership for the results on the field.

Excellent point. I agree that Quinn deserves part of the blame, however at some point players need to be held accountable for missed play opportunities. Dropped passes, missed tackles, poor decisions, etc., predominantly fall on the players’ shoulders. 

47 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

There is too much talent on this team that is not playing up to its potential for a bad season to be solely on the head coach.  These are professional athletes with pride.  This is their vocation.  At a certain point they have to take ownership for the results on the field.

I agree with you. But that’s just how leadership works. The leaders will shoulder the blame for failure and will have to pass on the credit to their subordinates with success. Quinn, Sark, and Ryan are taking heat. Probabaly more than they deserve.