The Jets

falcon1200

I thought their offense played well last week. I think we have a better defense.

Last week loss was really tough on them so I think they will be ready for the falcons.

As for the falcons, I think we will either score very few points and loose or score a lot and win. 

What do you guys think?

3 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

We have stopped thinking after Patriots beat down......just hope our team plays competitive and dont repeat same bonehead mistakes.

Agreed, execute on a level consistent with that of an NFL football team.  that would be a huge step in the right direction.

I see us losing this game. The jets are the quintessential team we literally need a herculean effort to beat. Good defense, steady offense, and good run game. With how incompetent our OC and Offense have become, and how porous our defense has been against the run, I see us losing this game 20-13. This will be another bills / Dolphins game.

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

I honestly can't come up with any type of prediction.  It would not surprise me to see them come out with a win, and would not shock me in the least to watch them get blown off the field. 

Losing 3 in a row in ugly fashion does that to your thinking.  

We falconed away 2 lay down wins against the bills and dolphins. The Jets should have beaten the Dolphins, we could easily Falcon fail this game away.

3 hours ago, falcon1200 said:

I thought their offense played well last week. I think we have a better defense.

Last week loss was really tough on them so I think they will be ready for the falcons.

As for the falcons, I think we will either score very few points and loose or score a lot and win. 

What do you guys think?

I will be at the game, so I hope we score a lot of points and win! 

Falcons have already failed and embaressed themselves enough already. They have failed at everything they done great last season. 

I'm not going to say "RISE UP". The coach speak is a bunch of BS, along with that brotherhood fake crap also. It's all about executing what works. 

Sadly, at this point, not beating the Jets would for me as a fan be considered the end of the entire season. 

I would like to say on a side note, all of you complaining about Mr Blank need to just stop it because none of you were complaining when the Falcons got to the superbowl last season!

I've been calling for Sarks removal all along, nothing new with my opinion there.To be fair, he took over somebody elses playbook and I'm sure that playbook wasn't written out in a way to where anybody else could use it. UH, OH WAIT THAT playbook went missing for 30 minutes at the SUPERBOWL press conference. 

Considering the circumstances, rather than howling and complaining about Sarks, why not give the man a chance to open HIS OWN PLAYBOOK and see what he has to offer. 

As fans, most all of us have ben saying he needed to be fired, myself included, but the problem with that is he was asked to take over a PLAYBOOK by somebody else. He needs a chance to open HIS OWN PLAYBOOK for the Falcons. Not many realize what I am saying, and I'll probably get flamed for the comment, but that is my opinion. He must have been doing something right for Alabama because they did pretty good while he was there ya know. 

A loss to the Jets, would not be good at all, at this point in time. But I would rather like to see a week of practice with the Falcons using Sarks PLAYBOOK rather than a well know playbook handed to him that Shanahan used last season. 

Oh well, those are my thoughts and opinions on the subject. We don't know what is going on behind closed doors, I mean it was stated right off the start of the season that the playbook more or less would remain in place, and that Sarks understood it, but perhaps it's the other teams that understand that playbook to begin with and not Sarks fault for following what he more or less was told to do and brought in to do, and that originally was to FOLLOW THE FORMULA.  

It's time to turn Sarks loose and let him use HIS PLAYBOOK rather than SCRIPTING THE PLAYS FOR HIM WITH ANOTHER COACHES PLAYBOOK THAT IS NO LONGER HERE!

Just my opinion, FLAME AWAY! But you can't fault a man for being told to use a playbook and scheme where he had little input to being with. Just being honest and rational here. 

I know I myself have been on the FIRE SARKS bandwagon. But the more I think about it, NOOOOOOOOO! Give him a chance to use his own playbook instead of following a well known scheme. And as for you saying "SHANAHAN would have done this or that", just look at how Shanny JR is doing now, UH : LOST EVERY GAME HIS NEW TEAM IS PLAYING. 

Just my thoughts. Flame away!!!!

Here is a take from Breech on CBS Sports. I'm not endorsing it. Its just a point that makes you really angry...and you have to drop you head and know its not wrong...which isn't right!

LINK

Normally, i'm not a big fan of picking a team quarterbacked by Josh McCown to win a game, but McCown has better stats this season than Matt Ryan, which is borderline crazy when you consider that Ryan was the NFL MVP last season. Through seven weeks, McCown has more touchdown passes, a higher completion percentage and a better QB rating. Matt Ryan is turning into a poor man's Josh McCown, which is something I never thought I would write about the reigning NFL MVP.  

The pick: Jets 20-17 over Falcons

Should be a telling game.  I think we circle the wagons and start forming an identity as a football team this week.  Jets have a dominant front 4 but little else.  We are going to roll.  270 yards passing, 2 td's and no int's for Ryan.  160 yards on the ground for the Two-Headed Monster.  The defense starts turning the ball over again...This team is still very much in control of it's own destiny and all team goals are still possible.  Out with the negative and in with the positive.  You got this Sark...it's no longer Shanny's offense.  It's yours.  Leave your imprint and make it a good one.  Our season starts Sunday.

2 hours ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

Falcons have already failed and embaressed themselves enough already. They have failed at everything they done great last season. 

I'm not going to say "RISE UP". The coach speak is a bunch of BS, along with that brotherhood fake crap also. It's all about executing what works. 

Sadly, at this point, not beating the Jets would for me as a fan be considered the end of the entire season. 

I would like to say on a side note, all of you complaining about Mr Blank need to just stop it because none of you were complaining when the Falcons got to the superbowl last season!

I've been calling for Sarks removal all along, nothing new with my opinion there.To be fair, he took over somebody elses playbook and I'm sure that playbook wasn't written out in a way to where anybody else could use it. UH, OH WAIT THAT playbook went missing for 30 minutes at the SUPERBOWL press conference. 

Considering the circumstances, rather than howling and complaining about Sarks, why not give the man a chance to open HIS OWN PLAYBOOK and see what he has to offer. 

As fans, most all of us have ben saying he needed to be fired, myself included, but the problem with that is he was asked to take over a PLAYBOOK by somebody else. He needs a chance to open HIS OWN PLAYBOOK for the Falcons. Not many realize what I am saying, and I'll probably get flamed for the comment, but that is my opinion. He must have been doing something right for Alabama because they did pretty good while he was there ya know. 

A loss to the Jets, would not be good at all, at this point in time. But I would rather like to see a week of practice with the Falcons using Sarks PLAYBOOK rather than a well know playbook handed to him that Shanahan used last season. 

Oh well, those are my thoughts and opinions on the subject. We don't know what is going on behind closed doors, I mean it was stated right off the start of the season that the playbook more or less would remain in place, and that Sarks understood it, but perhaps it's the other teams that understand that playbook to begin with and not Sarks fault for following what he more or less was told to do and brought in to do, and that originally was to FOLLOW THE FORMULA.  

It's time to turn Sarks loose and let him use HIS PLAYBOOK rather than SCRIPTING THE PLAYS FOR HIM WITH ANOTHER COACHES PLAYBOOK THAT IS NO LONGER HERE!

Just my opinion, FLAME AWAY! But you can't fault a man for being told to use a playbook and scheme where he had little input to being with. Just being honest and rational here. 

I know I myself have been on the FIRE SARKS bandwagon. But the more I think about it, NOOOOOOOOO! Give him a chance to use his own playbook instead of following a well known scheme. And as for you saying "SHANAHAN would have done this or that", just look at how Shanny JR is doing now, UH : LOST EVERY GAME HIS NEW TEAM IS PLAYING. 

Just my thoughts. Flame away!!!!

That is an option. But if you think about it, it makes sense why Dan wants Sark to run Kyle's playbook.

Let's say Sark succeeds using Kyle's playbook and he leaves for another job. When they look for a new person to replace him, they will make sure that he can run Kyle's offense. This is important because the players don't have to learn a new offense all over again.

Unfortunate, it is not easy to learn someone else's playbook, and we are seeing the result of that. 

I think that even if the falcons are to run Sark's playbook, it will take them as long to get it right. 

We will see how this goes. 

Edited by falcon1200

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Buster skrine might be the worst corner in the nfl right now... exploit him till they bench him.. then exploit his backup 

U mean just like Ryan exploited 31st ranked pass defense in league? 

Todd Bowles is gonna unleah his entire dline wrath on Matt Ryan and make his life more miserable.....they play hard & nasty up in New York.

Hope Ryan is gonna be wearing a warrior shield.