Coaches film and interesting finds..

First of all I was probably one of the angriest Sunday night watching the game and made it very evident I was not happy with anything on here.. after watching coaches film I'm gonna have to say A im wrong in saying sark doesn't know what he's doing because he does, the plays are there to be made... and B.. our players need to get on the same page this week or this season is over.. a lot of bad football out there and it's not all on sark..

but anywuas.. 

Just so y'all know this is what coaches film of the 2nd half looks like :lol: 

and just so we know, the only series we scored on is when we ran No Huddle the entire drive

however after looking back at the first half.. I gotta say.. matt missed ALOT of open guys on 3rd down. I'm pretty disappointed..

we can all hate on sark for the 3rd/4th down debacle but flat out.. and I'm being honest.. we had open receivers a lot with space to run our qb just flat out missed them.. pretty annoyed right now, matt needs to buck up and get this ship righted.. 

@PeytonMannings Forehead Let me know what you think when you watch the first half.. specifically hooper on the first 3/out and Gabriel on the 2nd 3/out of the first half... WIDE OPEN 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

The Hooper one wasn't 100% there but Gabriel was WIDE open 1 yard away from a 1st down.

Hooper was there, ryan drew both lbs away from hoop by looking at Sanu, all he had to do was come back and rip it over the top of a lb who's already cheating the wrong way and out of position.. easy completion 

You see this type of stuff from any teams coaches film. The over throws are what's killing Ryan. But you can't tell me our QB who ran a complicated offense to near perfection last year doesn't know what the he// he is doing. Something is just wrong with the whole offense. Matt's throws are off, receivers can't catch perfect passes when it hits their hands, WR can't get open, where's Freeman, oline can't block or open holes...it goes on and on. All I know is this sheez wasn't a problem until Sark took over. 

And, Matt said he changed his mechanics...why? Did Sarks suggest it? Why does an mvp need to change his mechanics? 

5 minutes ago, nomak said:

You see this type of stuff from any teams coaches film. The over throws are what's killing Ryan. But you can't tell me our QB who ran a complicated offense to near perfection last year doesn't know what the he// he is doing. Something is just wrong with the whole offense. Matt's throws are off, receivers can't catch perfect passes when it hits their hands, WR can't get open, where's Freeman, oline can't block or open holes...it goes on and on. All I know is this sheez wasn't a problem until Sark took over. 

And, Matt said he changed his mechanics...why? Did Sarks suggest it? Why does an mvp need to change his mechanics? 

Matt chose to change his mechanics because he felt he was putting to much weight on his back foot or some **** like that.. whatever it was, was s badchoice

I think we will have to give Sark and Ryan a second year together.  Ryan is having the same problems this year as his first year with Shanahan.  Sark has not been as dynamic as Shanahan but the plays have definitely been there for Ryan to make.  His accuracy is off, leaving lots of plays on the field and his head seems to be swimming trying to adjust to all the wrinkles and concepts Sark has integrated into last year's playbook.  Matt can turn it around this season if the light comes on.  It seems as if something might have clicked for him during that 4th quarter scoring drive.  We still have a shot to turn this season around but I think Matt will rise again next season if Ryan continues at this pace.

I also hope Sark continues forcing Matt to grow his game like Kyle did.  Under Kyle, Matt threw more back shoulder throws, go route passes, and jump balls for Julio in one season than any other time I could remember with other coordinators since his rookie year under Mularkey with Roddy White.  Matt is a monster of a player in this WCO if he is pushed to work on those throws he isn't frequently used to making.  He has it in him.  The last thing I want is to have Sark join us to only run plays Ryan is "comfortable" with.  Ryan needs to continue to be pushed.

1 hour ago, ShadyRef said:

I think we will have to give Sark and Ryan a second year together.  Ryan is having the same problems this year as his first year with Shanahan.  Sark has not been as dynamic as Shanahan but the plays have definitely been there for Ryan to make.  His accuracy is off, leaving lots of plays on the field and his head seems to be swimming trying to adjust to all the wrinkles and concepts Sark has integrated into last year's playbook.  Matt can turn it around this season if the light comes on.  It seems as if something might have clicked for him during that 4th quarter scoring drive.  We still have a shot to turn this season around but I think Matt will rise again next season if Ryan continues at this pace.

I also hope Sark continues forcing Matt to grow his game like Kyle did.  Under Kyle, Matt threw more back shoulder throws, go route passes, and jump balls for Julio in one season than any other time I could remember with other coordinators since his rookie year under Mularkey with Roddy White.  Matt is a monster of a player in this WCO if he is pushed to work on those throws he isn't frequently used to making.  He has it in him.  The last thing I want is to have Sark join us to only run plays Ryan is "comfortable" with.  Ryan needs to continue to be pushed.

Matt had had to do this his whole career. He hasn't had the luxury of having the same playbook year in and year out. 

18 minutes ago, nomak said:

Matt had had to do this his whole career. He hasn't had the luxury of having the same playbook year in and year out. 

He's not a rookie. He's the reigning MVP. He should not need a year to adjust to an offense. The reads are there the receivers are open. Matt needs to get his head out of his own butt.

6 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

our players need to get on the same page this week or this season is over

Why this week?  Non-conference road game. Assuming the Falcons will only lose only one more game, and you had to pick one game left of the schedule for the Falcons to lose: Tthinking big picture, which game would you pick?

5 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Why this week?  Non-conference road game. Assuming the Falcons will only lose only one more game, and you had to pick one game left of the schedule for the Falcons to lose, thinking big picture, which game would you pick?

Losing the Jets game puts us at 3-4 with Carolina on the road looming. 

21 minutes ago, Jesus said:

He's not a rookie. He's the reigning MVP. He should not need a year to adjust to an offense. The reads are there the receivers are open. Matt needs to get his head out of his own butt.

No excuses for Matt but be real. Just as many passes have hit receivers in the hands and they either have dropped them or tipped them for an int. Two games loss for that reason, not because of over throws by Matt. IMO    

37 minutes ago, nomak said:

I understand that.  I have always thought Matt was always best suited for the WCO because that's what he ran back in college. You also have to look at the reason why those coordinators never lasted ling enough in Atlanta. The same thing that's happening now with our offense sputtering in second halves to eventually being too impotent to score led to Mularkey and Dirk not being re-signed.  Matt had a part to do with it.  Those coordinators catered the offense to what Matt was comfortable with instead of getting him to work on his less frequent throws like back shoulder,  go route, fade, and jump balls. 

Sometimes playoff level defenses don't make many mistakes. Ryan has to throw Julio open with a back shoulder or a 50/50 ball for Julio to make a play on a go route when they single him up at any point in the field.  He did this with Roddy a lot and at times with Tony Gonzalez even when he was triple covered. What's the excuse with Julio?  That was why I was happy Shanahan brought all those things out of Matt. Matt was making throwing deep with confidence last year even when the windows were small. 

3 minutes ago, nomak said:

No excuses for Matt but be real. Just as many passes have hit receivers in the hands and they either have dropped them or tipped them for an int. Two games loss for that reason, not because of over throws by Matt. IMO    

Yes they have dropped passes but Matt has missed way more open receivers whether by overthrow or not seeing them. This has been a common issue in the past but not last year. Matt is not seeing the whole field and is missing the big plays. 

Maybe they need to adjust the offense to let Matt work his way back in. Short passes over the middle to help him get confident again, or lean heavier on the pass game. Also get the backs involved in the pass game again. That always gets the offense moving.

13 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Losing the Jets game puts us at 3-4 with Carolina on the road looming. 

I understand the emotional reasoning. However, I'm looking at playoff picture. If we beat the Jets, the Carolina game is no less important to our playoff chances. In a scenario is which we are promised to lose only one game (the scenario I used), the non-conference game is the only choice. We are in bad shape if we lose to Carolina win or lose this week. 

The coaches have to be absolutely beside themselves.  There have been so many opportunities left on the field this year on both sides of the ball.  If these guys can just get out of their own way, I really don't think we're as far away as it seems. 

That said, MR and the receivers have to get on the same page and hopefully someone can help him get his head out of his.....

8 minutes ago, falcndave said:

I understand the emotional reasoning. However, I'm looking at playoff picture. If we beat the Jets, the Carolina game is no less important to our playoff chances. In a scenario is which we are promised to lose only one game (the scenario I used), the non-conference game is the only choice. We are in bad shape if we lose to Carolina win or lose this week. 

Division games are obviously the most important, especially compared to out of conference.  That said, we're past the Patriots and looked bad in the process.  Really need this win to try and gain a little momentum as much as for the "w" itself.