It's not just Sark....Quinn has some fatal flaws that will keep this team from its ultimate goal

JG2008

It's not just Sark....Quinn has some fatal flaws that will keep this team from its ultimate goal

Quinn is a good solid coach , no question there but all to often he has demonstrated some severe lapses in common sense that appear to be built into his coaching DNA and not just new head coaching "mistakes" that he corrects and learns from. 

As time rolls on here It looks like Quinn is not the head coach that we hoped he was and we are going to be stuck in Falcons purgatory for another umpteen years

30 minutes ago, papachaz said:

good grief, the man lead this team to the SB in his SECOND FREAKING YEAR!!!

MODSSSSSSS MAKE IT STOPPPPPPPPP

Yes and his fatal flaws in not having the common sense to manage and finish the SB when we were up 28-3 with 17 minutes left in the game  are what doomed us

2 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Quinn owns up and does call out the plays he saw that were bad (i.e. the jet sweep). Maybe it's cause we've always had Rivera who never blames the coaching staff or play-calling, but I thought that was impressive.

I'd trade coaches anytime.

Awfully noble of him to call out and plays after the fact. He's the head coach, he heard the calls and can't veto them if he chooses. Says a lot about him to do nothing in the moment, but call it out after the fact.

On 10/23/2017 at 9:45 PM, Money Lee said:

Awfully noble of him to call out and plays after the fact. He's the head coach, he heard the calls and can't veto them if he chooses. Says a lot about him to do nothing in the moment, but call it out after the fact.

Perhaps you know.....during the actual game in real time Quinn could actually recognize bad playcalling and tell Sark and Ryan to run something else

If he had done that last year in 4th qtr with Shannahan we would have won SB

Quinn is the right guy for the Falcons BUT we must understand this is his first HC job college or Pro so it is like On the job training. Blank gave him a lot of power and like most it depends on how good the people around you are that make you shine. Last year we had the perfect storm but Shanny's ego got in our way to finish the deal and Quinn didn't stop it. Surprising after he went through that with Carroll. I think it was not so wise to think you could start so many rookies into the mix and cut your vets and it was not so wise to release your Staff and put inexperienced Coaches at key positions but maybe it will all work out?

IMO Quinns flaws are his buddy/buddy attitude and how he chooses his players/coaches. This staff is constantly being out coached and no adjustments are made. We need offensive masterminds and proven coaches not his friends being put in positions they have no experience with. 

We also need to get players based on skill sets not measurebles. In 3 years Quinn has only brought in 3 quality players (Beasley, Neal, Jones) Our front 4 can't get the pressure we need, and our DEs arent getting there should've brought back Freeney or gave him a 3 year deal 

On 10/23/2017 at 7:50 PM, papachaz said:

good grief, the man lead this team to the SB in his SECOND FREAKING YEAR!!!

MODSSSSSSS MAKE IT STOPPPPPPPPP

Or did his team lead him to the Superbowl??  j/k  Had to be said...this is TATF

People can say what they want about his leadership style (I have) and on field calls (others have), but I don't see any solid ground on which anyone can fault his roster building skills. I guess you could argue that you prefer size over athleticism up front, but you really can't argue he his brought in the right guys for his scheme. I can see this being the defense we thought he would bring as early as later this year. It may not even take one more draft. 

Despite all the misuse of this team, Quinn put together the most talented roster in the league. When has anyone EVER said that about the Falcons?

Quinn has flaws as a coach sure. But as a talent evaluator he’s been OUTSTANDING. This team will be competitive as long as he and Dimi keep stocking the talent.

12 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

IMO Quinns flaws are his buddy/buddy attitude and how he chooses his players/coaches. This staff is constantly being out coached and no adjustments are made. We need offensive masterminds and proven coaches not his friends being put in positions they have no experience with. 

We also need to get players based on skill sets not measurebles. In 3 years Quinn has only brought in 3 quality players (Beasley, Neal, Jones) Our front 4 can't get the pressure we need, and our DEs arent getting there should've brought back Freeney or gave him a 3 year deal 

He fired his original d coordinator after a trip to the Super Bowl. He also went outside the building and hired Sark, whom he'd never worked with, for better or for worse instead of hiring one of his buddies already in the system as OC. I'd say if Quinn has shown anything, it's willingness to change what needs to be changed quickly.

17 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

He fired his original d coordinator after a trip to the Super Bowl. He also went outside the building and hired Sark, whom he'd never worked with, for better or for worse instead of hiring one of his buddies already in the system as OC. I'd say if Quinn has shown anything, it's willingness to change what needs to be changed quickly.

Yes Quinn lacks common sense at the most inappropriate times. 

When up 28-3 with 17 minutes left in SB

and his lack of common sense at turning points in games has reared its ugly head way too many times this year 

On 10/23/2017 at 7:41 PM, SamMills51 said:

Quinn owns up and does call out the plays he saw that were bad (i.e. the jet sweep). Maybe it's cause we've always had Rivera who never blames the coaching staff or play-calling, but I thought that was impressive.

I'd trade coaches anytime.

It’s amazing how much people give up on the Falcons. DQ is an amazing coach. I expect a turnaround 

dude, what’s up with yalls offense? Are they intentionally trying to kill Cam?

1 hour ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Sark was hanging out with DQ last year if you are unaware and Sark has only called 1 game in the last 3 years. Offense didn't need to b changed quickly nor did Defense. We were 1 FG away from the SB. He tore down the entire coaching staff when we should've promoted within, there's no excuse.

26 minutes ago, oxygencube said:

Hahah.. some of these posts are so laughable. Quinn led us to one play away from a super bowl trophy and he has a 'fatal fall'.

Nope not 1 play away. We gave the SB away after being up 28-3 with 17 minutes left in the game

FAIL