The Positive Spin Thread

Peyton

Ok, I know people are ticked off today, and having been a Falcons fan for 40 seasons, I get that.  But the optimist among us need love to. So here goes.

1. A few unlucky / fluky plays made the game look worse than it was. Two missed FGs, the late hit on Brady, the stop on the NE 1.  This game easily could have been close. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2. Matt Bryant got 67% of his misses out of the way in one game. In 9 seasons with the Falcons, he has only missed more than 3 FGs twice.  It's back to Mr. Automatic for this guy.

3. The Falcons are extremely healthy.  Yes, this would be better news if half of them weren't playing like rookies.  Actually most of them played better as rookies, so scratch that.

4. The team we play this week is equally as demoralized as the Falcons are not as talented.  Plus rumor had it they were tanking but I guess they've done a pretty poor job of that.

5. The Jets coach is Todd Bowles, not Bill Bellichick.

6. Julio finally got his TD, and now the dam is going to burst and we are going to see a flood of TDs.

7. Also, Julio finally looks angry.  Did you see the way he ripped that ball from Butler?

8. The Falcons aren't exactly in a hole, for either the division or the wild card. 

9. It looks like Bad Cam is back, just in time for the Falcons to play the Panthers in two weeks.

10. Tampa does just enough to lose every week and their defense is awful.

And most importantly......nah, that's it, I got nothing else....had to stretch it a bit to make it to 10 lol.

1 minute ago, Peyton said:

Great point. This season has a long way to go to qualify as one of the great disappointing seasons in Falcons history.

Oh it's up there as far as disappointing goes.

By the time the actual season started we knew 2007 was going to be a disaster even though it exceeded expectations.

90, 13, & 17 are disappointing because of the expectations going into them 

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oh it's up there as far as disappointing goes.

By the time the actual season started we knew 2007 was going to be a disaster even though it exceeded expectations.

90, 13, & 17 are disappointing because of the expectations going into them 

We can't call this season disappointing yet.

2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

We can't call this season disappointing yet.

Anything short of a Superbowl win will be a disappointment..... and I haven't seen anything that leads me to think this team is special.

We all know that by this time last year we were thinking we had something special on offense.  I see average across the board.

38 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Ok, I know people are ticked off today, and having been a Falcons fan for 40 seasons, I get that.  But the optimist among us need love to. So here goes.

1. A few unlucky / fluky plays made the game look worse than it was. Two missed FGs, the late hit on Brady, the stop on the NE 1.  This game easily could have been close. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2. Matt Bryant got 67% of his misses out of the way in one game. In 9 seasons with the Falcons, he has only missed more than 3 FGs twice.  It's back to Mr. Automatic for this guy.

3. The Falcons are extremely healthy.  Yes, this would be better news if half of them weren't playing like rookies.  Actually most of them played better as rookies, so scratch that.

4. The team we play this week is equally as demoralized as the Falcons are not as talented.  Plus rumor had it they were tanking but I guess they've done a pretty poor job of that.

5. The Jets coach is Todd Bowles, not Bill Bellichick.

6. Julio finally got his TD, and now the dam is going to burst and we are going to see a flood of TDs.

7. Also, Julio finally looks angry.  Did you see the way he ripped that ball from Butler?

8. The Falcons aren't exactly in a hole, for either the division or the wild card. 

9. It looks like Bad Cam is back, just in time for the Falcons to play the Panthers in two weeks.

10. Tampa does just enough to lose every week and their defense is awful.

And most importantly......nah, that's it, I got nothing else....had to stretch it a bit to make it to 10 lol.

BLEW A 17 PT LEAD VS MIAMI AT HOME 

FAILED - Jet sweep 4th & 1 

9-7 (BEST) WILL MISS PLAYOFFS

6-10 (WORST)