Riddle me this Batman

achin2be

Ok, it's obvious to many the play calling is a big part of the problem with all of the star studded talent we have... my guess is the iceman as well as spiked hair and Q see the same things compared to what was working last year. You know they are trying to get this offense to click like last year (why we kept the same offensive scheme and language) so my question is this. In the meeting rooms between the offensive brain trust what in the **** is being discussed each week regarding this lack of offensive production?.... ( I won't even mention Vs Miami or the Pats D). The obvious things we see/ or haven't seen has to be talked about for Pete's sake.

Just now, Jesus said:

Matt needs to get out on the practice field with his receivers and throw a 1000 deep balls a day.

Yea... I mean you never really know if it's the route, receiver run speed, or the accuracy of Matt, but I have absolutely no faith this year in the deep balls.  When I saw a deep ball launched in the air last year I got hyped, when I see it this year I cringe and squint my eyes.

Just now, Mr. Lubba Lubba© said:

Yea... I mean you never really know if it's the route, receiver run speed, or the accuracy of Matt, but I have absolutely no faith this year in the deep balls.  When I saw a deep ball launched in the air last year I got hyped, when I see it this year I cringe and squint my eyes.

That sums it up right there.

Just now, achin2be said:

Well the offensive line needs to get some practice in as well.

If the line is getting beat, you adjust to patterns that let Matt get rid of the ball faster. a 5 yard pass to Julio or Gabriel in space can easily turn into a 20 yard gain. Happened all the time last year. 

The offense under Shanny in 2015 in my opinion lacked the crossing and slanting type routes that allowed for run after catch yards and in 2016 they corrected that big time. This year I get that sense again. Lots of hitches, outs and verticals. Much less emphasis on the slants and crosses. I know that's simplistic and I can even argue against my thesis but it's just a sense I have about the differences right now.

9 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Matt needs to get out on the practice field with his receivers and throw a 1000 deep balls a day.

Agree. But what about the touchdown pass to Julio? That was a freaking terrible pass. Julio just rips it out of his hands. That ball has to be put about 5 foot higher in the air and let Julio actually use his athletic talent to go get it. 

5 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Agree. But what about the touchdown pass to Julio? That was a freaking terrible pass. Julio just rips it out of his hands. That ball has to be put about 5 foot higher in the air and let Julio actually use his athletic talent to go get it. 

I would say about 3 foot. But yeah Ryan needs to have some plays that let Julio go make a play. Then as I have said in another post the refs need to start calling PI when DBs are tackling Julio before the dang ball is in Julio's hands!!! Maybe we can let the other team have Alford as all he has to do most of the time is look in the direction of the WR he is covering to draw a flag. 

Edited by high impact

6 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Yep, but at that point the two of them were playing out of pure frustration.

The absolute worst thing about the good ole days is, no one ever knows they are the good ole days!

My only question is whether Patriot fans know they are in the good ole days and will be crying in a few years when Brady is gone?

Indianapolis - wishing either Peyton or Luck were around

Green Bay - wishing Rodgers was still around

San Francisco - dreaming of Montana and Young

Miami - Marino and his lack of Superbowl rings vs. Cutler/Moore today

Denver - would let Elway play if he wanted