Disgusted

I'm just disgusted after last nights game.  

The team is trending in the wrong direction.  Offensive production has gone down and further down since the GB game.  

I don't know what the answer is, but I think the problem has the letters S-A-R-K in it.  

At this point, DQ should just step in and just say "Matt can call the whole game from the field."  

Just now, RichardCNile said:

I'm just disgusted after last nights game.  

The team is trending in the wrong direction.  Offensive production has gone down and further down since the GB game.  

I don't know what the answer is, but I think the problem has the letters S-A-R-K in it.  

At this point, DQ should just step in and just say "Matt can call the whole game from the field."  

I actually think Matt is more of the problem than Sarkisian.  I don't think Matt could pull that off. 

Sark isn't responsible for Matt continually overthrowing receivers, receivers breaking routes early or dropping passes, offensive line blowing blocking assignments, etc. 

Sark isn't perfect, and I too question his play calling, but there is more going on here than just Sark. 

4 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I actually think Matt is more of the problem than Sarkisian.  I don't think Matt could pull that off. 

I agree man Matt has had a good amount of opportunities to make some throws. But he is really innaccurate compared to last season. Throwing to the middle of the field is not much of a problem for him but when he has to make throws outside of the hashmark he is off.

4 minutes ago, nomak said:

Matt I know, Sarkisian I do not. Matt was MVP until Sarks got here. Buh bye Sarky.

Ya.  I will say I don't see Matt slinging the ball with the confidence he had last year.  I will also say I don't see the offensive playcalling that attacks a defense like we did last year, nor do I see players getting schemed open and the mismatches Shanny created for the offense.  I also see a non-NFL approach to offense, which if you recall is why Saban failed in the NFL and returned to college to be a king.  It's a different game.  Not sure Sark realizes this.  

1 hour ago, RichardCNile said:

Ya.  I will say I don't see Matt slinging the ball with the confidence he had last year.  I will also say I don't see the offensive playcalling that attacks a defense like we did last year, nor do I see players getting schemed open and the mismatches Shanny created for the offense.  I also see a non-NFL approach to offense, which if you recall is why Saban failed in the NFL and returned to college to be a king.  It's a different game.  Not sure Sark realizes this.  

I'm confident Sarks don't realize it. We've seen enough of this experiment. Matt also said he tweaked his MVP mechanics a bit...was this at Sark's suggestion?  

1 hour ago, Krosis said:

Sark isn't responsible for Matt continually overthrowing receivers, receivers breaking routes early or dropping passes, offensive line blowing blocking assignments, etc. 

Sark isn't perfect, and I too question his play calling, but there is more going on here than just Sark. 

Here's the thing -- I'm not entirely buying that it's playcalling, but I'm also not buying that the QB is just missing open guys.  They mentioned last night twice that Matt and his receiver weren't on the same page.  One was the out route to Sanu.  I forgot the other one, but it was clear as day the receiver was running into a slightly different space than Matt expected.  Maybe another out route?  They mentioned specifically that Matt had to throw the ball before the break.

Now, that could just be execution, but I remember Shanahan coaching this stuff to the minutest detail.  He wanted the receiver to always know "here is where the ball is going."  He intercepted Hooper in practice making that exact point.  Is anyone else doing that right now? 

This could absolutely be a coaching issue and also have nothing at all to do with playcalling.  Matt Ryan has a track record.  He doesn't miss guys like this.  Something is off.

6 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Here's the thing -- I'm not entirely buying that it's playcalling, but I'm also not buying that the QB is just missing open guys.  They mentioned last night twice that Matt and his receiver weren't on the same page.  One was the out route to Sanu.  I forgot the other one, but it was clear as day the receiver was running into a slightly different space than Matt expected.  Maybe another out route?  They mentioned specifically that Matt had to throw the ball before the break.

Now, that could just be execution, but I remember Shanahan coaching this stuff to the minutest detail.  He wanted the receiver to always know "here is where the ball is going."  He intercepted Hooper in practice making that exact point.  Is anyone else doing that right now? 

This could absolutely be a coaching issue and also have nothing at all to do with playcalling.  Matt Ryan has a track record.  He doesn't miss guys like this.  Something is off.

Most definetely is a coaching issue. There’s uncertainty all over the place. That’s coaching. And it’s not just sark’s coaching either. It’s the WRer and OL coaches too.

Matt is definitely  ‘off’, but again, that’s due to his uncertainty of where his receivers are gonna be, how the OL is holding up, etc etc...

2 hours ago, FalconsHemi said:

I don't think Matt is the problem, the receivers aren't catching his passes so it's kinda both.  Sark definitely doesn't seem to be helping our offense. 

Matt is struggling this year, but yeah the problems with this team are too numerous to just single out one guy. All around suckage

21 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

While I do think Sarks stale play calling is a big issue, he isn’t instructing Matt to over throw all of his receivers.  At least I hope he isn’t. 

From what it looks like to me Ryan has lost confidence in himself and the plays. Toss in WR letting the ball go threw hands, wrong routs, QB and WR not on the same page. Then Matt tends to go into panic mode and just throw and hope that his guy makes a play. 

1 minute ago, high impact said:

From what it looks like to me Ryan has lost confidence in himself and the plays. Toss in WR letting the ball go threw hands, wrong routs, QB and WR not on the same page. Then Matt tends to go into panic mode and just throw and hope that his guy makes a play. 

I think this sums it up.  Confidence due to the things you mention.  

4 hours ago, Jerz said:

I agree man Matt has had a good amount of opportunities to make some throws. But he is really innaccurate compared to last season. Throwing to the middle of the field is not much of a problem for him but when he has to make throws outside of the hashmark he is off.

Which makes it worse considering Sark almost never attacks the middle of the field. He's an edge attack guy. June Jones 2. 

This ain't college where you can always outrun people to the corner. You have to dominate the middle of the field. That's exactly what NE did to us.