Hurley: The Patriots Have Broken The Falcons

Clearly ‘embrace the suck’ didn’t work.   Try something cathartic.   Go buy an old school bus, park it in the middle of the practice field, hand everyone a bat and tell them to go at it.  

Better yet, take the next reporter that mentions the Super Bowl, shove them in a trash can, and pay the fine.   Enough already

I think they never properly vented after the SB.  Flip out, go nuts, get it out of your system and move on.  Trying to make up for SB 51 every week will only prolong it.  

Should we just proclaim the Patriots the Gods of the NFL that control its destiny?

Someday, both its coach and QB will retire and this team will be crying about how great it used to be but how bad it is now.

We will play NE again in four years in Atlanta for certain and I hope our Atlanta writers can laugh at how bad the Patriots are.

"The visiting team departed Gillette Stadium with the comfort of knowing they won’t have to see the Patriots again for a long time. But that absence is merely physical. There’s no escaping what the Patriots did to them back in February, an event exacerbated by what took place on Sunday night in Foxboro.

The Falcons are broken."

... this bout' sums up the situation.

37 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

He's right. Except I don't think they're "broken" ... that's too permanent of a word.

They're reeling right now. But they're still that team that dominated Green Bay.

I don't know how long it will take to put the mental issues behind them. But when they do, they're going to be solid.

Green bay was also severely depleted when they faced them. This team seems broken. The author is right imo. 

I think the problems are..

...a new first year offensive coordinator that has no experience calling pro games, who doesn't have a feel for how his QB plays or pays attention to personnel groupings. Don't know how long it will take until he does or if he'll ever get it.

...a new first year defensive coordinator that is still calling games based on how the offense played last season, which was easy to do when the offense was blowing other teams out and they had to play from behind most of the season.

...a jumpy QB who doesn't trust his offensive line. We've seen this before. Holds onto the ball for too long and makes bad throws.

...and, lastly, a special team coach who should have been fired three years ago.

2 hours ago, FalconMama said:

Instead of admitting an enhanced sense of urgency to score points against a team quarterbacked by Brady, or a belief that the Patriots’ defense was ripe for the picking, Quinn rehashed the same assertions of an overwhelming confidence that lives in his team.

“Really just the belief that I have in our guys,” Quinn said. “For me, historically I’ve been one to be aggressive in some of those moments, knowing the players that we have. So just I’d say it comes more to our belief in our team and I think what we can be.”

Sounds more like BB is in Quinn's head, he panicked, and now he's making excuses.

1 hour ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Last night I just kept looking to my left at the 2016 championship banner. It was ours. It was OURS. The surest of sure bets.

Losing that banner/ring/trophy as spectacularly as we did has to linger, no matter what the team says.

Broken things CAN be fixed, so I'm not giving up all hope. But ... yeah ... these Falcons are broken.

The funny part is that even if we won Super Bowl LI, the message board would still be in meltdown mode after the last 3 weeks.  We are prisoners of the moment and winning LI would be forgotten.  We’d still want every coach fired and players traded...lol

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

No, Sark has broken them. Patriots didn’t do ****. ******* moron *** writer.

no dan quinn has ptsd.  i mean goin gfor it 4th and 7 shows that he can't even think straight any more.  he's so scared of the pats he makes dumb decisions like that

Edited by BLM
10 minutes ago, BLM said:

no dan quinn has ptsd.  i mean goin gfor it 4th and 7 shows that he can't even think straight any more?  he's so scared of the pats he makes dumb decisions like that

This is what really has me concerned over the numerous and obvious other issues. Quinn is not thinking rationally and is fact panicking. 

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Should we just proclaim the Patriots the Gods of the NFL that control its destiny?

Someday, both its coach and QB will retire and this team will be crying about how great it used to be but how bad it is now.

We will play NE again in four years in Atlanta for certain and I hope our Atlanta writers can laugh at how bad the Patriots are.

Yes.

Of course they'll be bad again eventually. But in the meantime I'll take those 7-8 Lombardis. Plus, BB simply isn't going to leave this organization high and dry. When he retires all the best candidates will be crawling all over each other for the job.

3 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

Yes.

Of course they'll be bad again eventually. But in the meantime I'll take those 7-8 Lombardis. Plus, BB simply isn't going to leave this organization high and dry. When he retires all the best candidates will be crawling all over each other for the job.

No they won’t. It’s be Josh McDaniels job.

10 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

No, Sark has broken them. Patriots didn’t do ****. ******* moron *** writer.

I'm with you. This article just really pizzes me off. I hope we all remember this article - I hope it's pinned, because I'm going full Jim Fassel!:

“I am raising the stakes right now, ... If this is a poker game, I am shoving my chips right in the middle of the table. I am raising the ante. Anybody who wants out, can get out. This team is going to the playoffs. OK? This team is going to the playoffs.”

I am not sure "broken" is correct, but I can't totally put my faith in a recovery effort by this team.  What I saw last night was a team that was not coached up to the level they should be, and a team outcoached by our opponent.  Last night the Patriots erased any "what if's" about the superbowl.  They basically showed we are not good enough to be there and they put us in our place.

If I played for the Falcons, that would really piss me off.

Gonna share something with y'all... The Pats are actually my 2nd favorite team. I don't hold them responsible for our failures. I blame us.

There's no "mojo" or "curse" or "hex" hanging over our heads when it comes to the Patriots. We just flat out beat ourselves in LI and last night as well. Stupid 4th down attempts. Undisciplined personal fouls knocking out game changing interceptions (and if you believe in hexes, you can make an argument that Robert Alford owns Tom Brady). Absolutely atrocious offensive playcalling. We've got no one to blame for this stuff but ourselves.

Patriots just find a way to capitalize on our shortcomings. Much like the Dolphins did, and the Bears and Lions almost did prior to that.

****, if we're talking being in someone's head, its safe to say we're in Aaron Rodgers head. He can't find a way to beat us. This stuff is all relative.

11 hours ago, Peyton said:

And you didn't even mention the late hit that negated the INT.

Not to mention that if Ryan led Julio the play before the jet sweep that's a TD as well. We basically left 13 points out there. Maybe it wouldn't have been enough but we again killed ourselves with execution and penalties. Patriots had very little to do with it