Matt Overthrow Ryan

jj00100

I think the blame should go to Matt Ryan. He overthrew Sanu many times. You could tell by the wrs body language that they were like wtf kind of overthrow are these.  Give them a chance! Matt Ryan either overthrows (80% of the time) or underthrows. He never throws anything in stride.  Runs after catch are very minimal.  His slant throws are always in weird positions that give the wr no chance to make a play after the catch.  Matt Ryan is a nerd playing football who doesn't have the guts to let our wrs make a play on the ball.  The wrs have separation but the quality of throws just isn't there.  

We need some new life in this offense by firing the oc coach now while we still have as chance of making the playoffs.  We will see what kind of team we have.  The would have been turnovers would've been so crucial the past 3 games.  So undisciplined it makes me sick. This just isn't our year and The draft class has been a bust and it's very evident. 

Can we please change the oc now while we still have a chance?

Him overthrowing has been a problem his whole career . His nickname should be changed from now on. We still need a new OC though imo. I think I can call a better game then him. 3rd and goal u run it 100%. 4th and goal, run it or maybe do a fake handoff to rb and pass to TE

3 hours ago, jj00100 said:

I think the blame should go to Matt Ryan. He overthrew Sanu many times. You could tell by the wrs body language that they were like wtf kind of overthrow are these.  Give them a chance! Matt Ryan either overthrows (80% of the time) or underthrows. He never throws anything in stride.  Runs after catch are very minimal.  His slant throws are always in weird positions that give the wr no chance to make a play after the catch.  Matt Ryan is a nerd playing football who doesn't have the guts to let our wrs make a play on the ball.  The wrs have separation but the quality of throws just isn't there.  

We need some new life in this offense by firing the oc coach now while we still have as chance of making the playoffs.  We will see what kind of team we have.  The would have been turnovers would've been so crucial the past 3 games.  So undisciplined it makes me sick. This just isn't our year and The draft class has been a bust and it's very evident. 

So it's Ryan's fault but can the OC? 

I don't feel like the blame is on Ryan, at least not all of it.  Does he overthrow?  Yes sometimes, but all qbs do that from time to time.  It seems like just lately Ryan doesn't have the confidence in the receivers, and they are dropping passes too making things f up.  Something is just totally off with the whole offense.  Could be Sark, could be Ryan, could be our receivers. 

His accuracy last night was actually reasonable around the usual 70%.  He also was quite accurate on the long throw early in the game to Julio but the Pats got away with manhandling the receiver.

If anything he has possibly gotten more uncertain about his "available" time in the pocket.  Last year, we had a better performing OL and he knew on many plays he had a "safety net" with a RB (DiMarco, Coleman, etc.) to throw to at the last second.

I am not saying he has not changed this year but the problem is more mental than physical.

34 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

His accuracy last night was actually reasonable around the usual 70%.  He also was quite accurate on the long throw early in the game to Julio but the Pats got away with manhandling the receiver.

If anything he has possibly gotten more uncertain about his "available" time in the pocket.  Last year, we had a better performing OL and he knew on many plays he had a "safety net" with a RB (DiMarco, Coleman, etc.) to throw to at the last second.

I am not saying he has not changed this year but the problem is more mental than physical.

Not sure why Sark refuses to roll Ryan out to the right to buy time and mask deficiencies along the OL.  Shanny made Ryan do it and it was a big reason for our success.  Also don’t want Ryan out of shotgun.  Under center, play action, move the pocket and run first on offense.  That’s my uneducated fix.

Last night the Falcons reminded me of those games that used to vibrate to make the little football players move, you never knew where they'd end up and most of them were spinning in circles or going the wrong way. 

One ******* field goal last season and I wouldn't give a **** what we did this season. 

On 10/23/2017 at 11:38 AM, jlrfalcon said:

Who cares what his overall accuracy was, when it was 3rd down, his accuracy was crap. When he had to make a play, he didn't give the WRs a chance to even catch the ball. Not even close to them. 

On 10/23/2017 at 7:45 AM, Sipifalcon said:

Matt missed many throws last night dont know whats wrong with him... He needs to get his ish together fast...

Well, my wife said she thinks he got some problems at home . . . tongue in cheek though. . . 

On 10/23/2017 at 10:31 AM, Falconsin2012 said:

Kurt Warner said it all last week.  Receivers are breaking off routes a bit early and not hitting the spot Ryan is throwing to.   Has Ryan overthrown receivers… Yes. But I suspect the receivers are equally at fault. The offenses simply out of sync. Fixable though 

Yes, there have also been a bunch of over throws where the WR slowed up and started running harder again when he realized the ball was coming to him.  It's the offense as a whole is off. When you have things like this happening, Matt makes a bad throw, and then all the batted balls, have magnified the problem to be all one source. It's not the case though.

On 10/23/2017 at 7:00 AM, jj00100 said:

tenor.gif

So is it Ryan or is the OC????  This rant makes no sense.

Who's to say the WRs aren't slowing up?  Like many have said the whole **** offense is off.  If you don't see that there have been drops and tips to the other team that should have been caught they you aren't watching the game with objective eyes.  Has Matt threw some WTF passes?  Yep but he isn't the sole reason we've lost the last 3 games.  The whole **** team needs a gut check.

Edited by CraigSmackDaddy

On 10/25/2017 at 11:16 AM, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Who's to say the WRs aren't slowing up?  Like many have said the whole **** offense is off.  If you don't see that there have been drops and tips to the other team that should have been caught they you aren't watching the game with objective eyes.  Has Matt threw some WTF passes?  Yep but he isn't the sole reason we've lost the last 3 games.  The whole **** team needs a gut check.

Most of the blame should go to the qb, that's the most important position in football and he's the one making the throws. He's been in the league how long now? He has overthrown his whole career and I'm sick of it. The only thing I liked from him last game was him actually taking off and rushing when there was nothing