I actually think this loss will help the team

dmo_dlo

The problem with this team seems to be, if not mostly, at least partly mental. It seems the coaches and players never got over the 28-3 and it has consumed them until now. With this stupid mentality of circling this game on the schedule, we essentially gave up our focus, and the results can be seen in all the mistakes we have made. Now that the game is over in this fashion, maybe they get over the revenge thing and accept that NE was the better team, and try to stay focused and catch up. 

Even in this game it was the mental errors that gave the game away. The missed block on the FG, roughing the passer, play call mistakes, etc. I still expect Atlanta to win the division, and I think there is a good chance that they'll regain their offense going forward.

This team is soft. I don't know if the SB is the reason or not. 

Answer me this. 

Who have we seen on defense that lights a fire into the defenses arse or gets them motivated. Anyone? No leadership and not tough. Even out reigning sack leader doesn't fire the team up. Takk? He's a rookie they not gonna listen to him. 

On offense I would like to see Ryan fired up. Heck even Brady shows emotion when he runs for a first down.

really depressing as a fan to watch. I don't think I'll ever get over the SB loss now. When my favorite team won't even show up for a revenge game. 

Edited by GleasonForever!

16 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

The problem with this team seems to be, if not mostly, at least partly mental. It seems the coaches and players never got over the 28-3 and it has consumed them until now. With this stupid mentality of circling this game on the schedule, we essentially gave up our focus, and the results can be seen in all the mistakes we have made. Now that the game is over in this fashion, maybe they get over the revenge thing and accept that NE was the better team, and try to stay focused and catch up. 

Even in this game it was the mental errors that gave the game away. The missed block on the FG, roughing the passer, play call mistakes, etc. I still expect Atlanta to win the division, and I think there is a good chance that they'll regain their offense going forward.

You are being delusional...sorry mate get a counseling on football 

24 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

We say that about every loss and it’s never true. We just lose more games. 

True that. I thought the Bills game would wake them up to the fact that they can't keep committing penalties, missing tackles, dropping passes, etc. but they just keep doing it. I've been holding off on blaming coaching (for the errors in execution) but somebody has to take the blame.

Who is the leader on defense? Rico maybe? He has to get the message through to his guys.

Edited by HEIST

34 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

I made a few similar comments last week and earlier today. While I don't think a loss ever helps, just getting this three ring circus of a game behind us probably will. There is no magic circle left of the schedule...now all their is is the next game. 

I am worried about the OC situation. That is real and focus by the team won't be enough if their leaders trip over their feet. I'm reminded of Oher's essay on The Charge of the Light Brigade

I'm just glad we're sorting through this shyte during our run through the AFC teams... I'm holding out hope that we're building a list of "do's and don'ts" for when it comes to conference and divisional opponents...

Quinn said, Get Julio more touches," we got Julio more touches.  Last year Quinn took over defensive playcalling when we needed him to.  This year he told Sark to move up to the box to call plays; kinda backfired this week as you couldn't see anything from three rows up, but I have faith that we're working some bugs out right now during our less-important games.

We fans might have been stuck on Patriot revenge, but Quinn is in for the long haul...

1 hour ago, dmo_dlo said:

This loss?????  Not the 2 directly before this one though?  We're 0-AFC East & will still be that way after playing the Jets next week.