Do they give Ryan this contract extension???

Seriously...

He was my favorite player for a while, but I can't defend his play any longer. He has one more season under contract. Which means they can let him walk after the 2018 season when he'll be 34. If it we're up to me I would let him play the next season out and if he plays well enough next year, I'd tag him. I don't think I handcuff myself to paying him 25-28 million for the next couple of years until he proves last year was not a fluke. Very similar to Cam Newton's one outlier year when he won the MVP. 

With caution who else you got.

Without Ryan you may aswell say we are a cellar dweller again.

Seriously I'd give him the money because I'm not sure there's anyone out there worth getting and also if you do off load him your back to the development and wait another bunch of years of nothing.

6 minutes ago, Steel City Falcon said:

Seriously...

He was my favorite player for a while, but I can't defend his play any longer. He has one more season under contract. Which means they can let him walk after the 2018 season when he'll be 34. If it we're up to me I would let him play the next season out and if he plays well enough next year, I'd tag him. I don't think I handcuff myself to paying him 25-28 million for the next couple of years until he proves last year was not a fluke. Very similar to Cam Newton's one outlier year when he won the MVP. 

Lol he has HOF numbers. We are trotting out college offense game plans. This thread fails. 

2 minutes ago, rings639 said:

I hate this fan base sometimes.  Dude was MVP last year, there are SO many bad QBs in this league.  I live in Cleveland and see that crap every week.  More than half this league would kill for Ryan to be their QB.

He is an overrated marsh mellow mvp. The real mvp was Shanny. Dude is not that good. He has bad vision, and melts under pressure. I say we resign him but like others I say we low ball his contract. He's clearly not elite, but a good game manager. Draft the QB of the future and groom him under Matt.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

With caution who else you got.

Without Ryan you may aswell say we are a cellar dweller again.

Seriously I'd give him the money because I'm not sure there's anyone out there worth getting and also if you do off load him your back to the development and wait another bunch of years of nothing.

5 minutes ago, Mojojojo said:

We have the worst fans...

I guess we’re a match made in f***ing heaven.

2 minutes ago, stlouisfalcon said:

I guess we’re a match made in f***ing heaven.

Lol ouch great point. This is the worst teaser franchise ever. They give you a glimmer of hope before completely destroying your self esteem and dignity in a brutal draconian torturous way.